Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RF900 service manual

Bike
    1997 RF900RV

RF900 service manual

Hi,

If anyone is interested, I have a full service manual for 94 - 97 RF900 in pdf format that I have bookmarked into sections.

It is 23MB so PM me if you want a copy.
    ... mum alway told me, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything

Bike
    Thanks man. Is it the fax version or the printers issue?

I've already got the printers version...
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Bike
    1997 RF900RV
    Quote Originally Posted by Colapop View Post
    Thanks man. Is it the fax version or the printers issue?

I've already got the printers version...
    HI, not sure what you are meaning by fax or printer version. I have it in electronic form. It does appear that someone has faxed it and saved it to file as it has the fax transmission stuff at the top of each page.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    We're already way ahead of you mate.

PM me on Monday and I'll give you access to my FTP site where you can download the hires PDF from the printers files.

It's much better quality. Trust me. I even used it tonight when I rebuilt my forks.

Congratulations on your intending purchase. The RF900 is a fine all rounder.

There's a number of us here that know quite a bit about them. I'm sure we can help you with any queries or problems.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    1997 RF900RV
    I and now the proud owner of an RF900

Very nice bike to ride although I can see what people mean by the angle of the handle bars.

My right wrist was quite sore after only about 200k's of riding. Some of that may be due to the fact that I havent riden a bike for 6 years.

Anyway, great bike and hopefully we will spend many wonderful years and miles together.

Bike
    Aprilia Falco, K100 Project
    Blog Entries
    Bloody good solid all rounders those RF900's. Mine was the bike I had for the longest period of time.
    There are plenty of RF owners around here and plently of others that have had them in there stable at one time or another.
    Its great getting back on a bike after a break isnt it?
    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Bike
    1997 RF900RV
    Quote Originally Posted by madmal64 View Post
    Bloody good solid all rounders those RF900's. Mine was the bike I had for the longest period of time.
    There are plenty of RF owners around here and plently of others that have had them in there stable at one time or another.
    Its great getting back on a bike after a break isnt it?
    Oh yeah it good to be back in the saddle. Hard on thebody doing a 600+K ride first up though.

Ears are still ringing, shoulders and neck are sore, but it was worth it.

Cheers all

Bike
    What physical size are you? I'm over 6 foot and I find that I was getting sore wrists to start with. But it passed once I got used to riding again... RF's are a really good bike. It's funny when people rave about them and say that they're grossly under-rated but I've never had anyone say anything bad about them....?
    we will remember them

Bike
    1997 RF900RV
    Quote Originally Posted by Colapop View Post
    What physical size are you? I'm over 6 foot and I find that I was getting sore wrists to start with. But it passed once I got used to riding again... RF's are a really good bike. It's funny when people rave about them and say that they're grossly under-rated but I've never had anyone say anything bad about them....?
    Hi, Im 6'3". That good to hear that it passes. Guess I just need to get the body back to riding position.

Im the same I have never heard anyone say anything bad about the RF's.

Cheers

Bike
    We're probably about the same size!

I have found that well fitting gloves are really important. The ones I have may be a little tight or not quite fitting right coz I get numb fingers on longer rides. Apart from that it's all good.
    we will remember them

Bike
    Black
    I think the underrated thing comes from the fact they don't have the required GSXR in their name. That and people didn't like the look of them. Personally I never had a problem with the styling and its interesting to see the grills turning up on the new ZX-14. Everybody who's owned one seems to think they're great bikes.

I got used to the bars quite quickly, but in the end the required head back position got the best of my neck and I've moved on to a Bandit (actually I've still got the RF but don't tell my wife - I wonder when she'll look under the cover? ). Both bikes are more than the sum of their parts as they say.

Bike
    2010 vfr 1200f
    has anyone got the service mannual for a 1999 rf900 looking at buying one soon.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Read your PMs.

if anyone else wants the manual I can give them the link.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    97, RF 900R, suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by insane1 View Post
    has anyone got the service mannual for a 1999 rf900 looking at buying one soon.
    Am off the top of my head I thought the '97 was the last in the line of the RF's?

Bike
    2010 vfr 1200f
    sorry my stuff up it"s a 97 not 99.

Thread Information