Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seriously nasty accident for Nicky Hayden

Bike
    a Blue one
    Sounds really bad, the state of the car that hit him shows there was a massive impact. Thought go to Nicky and his family

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    The accident has now been reported in mainstream newspapers in Britain and has even reached NZ radio. No new details that I can see, the hospital report was as follows:

“Nicky Hayden’s clinical condition remains extremely critical.

The young man, who is still in the intensive care unit of Cesena’s Bufalini hospital, has suffered a serious polytrauma with subsequent serious cerebral damage.

The prognosis remains reserved.”

Several family members have flown to Italy to be with him.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    S1000RR
    Not a good news to hear. Hope he recovers full soon!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    What Ive read on it this morning does sound quite bad sadly.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...ies-fake-news/

I read this on Colin Edwards facebook feed today.

I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...ies-fake-news/

I read this on Colin Edwards facebook feed today.

Thanks for that Henry as I came here for confirmation after getting a fright reading this-

http://reports-tv.com/ex-motogp-cham...breaking-news/

These fuckers should have more respect!! I wish them the worst Virus infection in creation--Fuckers
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    What Ive read on it this morning does sound quite bad sadly.
    Guess what I read was bullshit. Which is good.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Some fake news site printed that and other sites just followed along without checking. The family don't need crap like that.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    NO..

Heard on the radio news this morning that Nicky had passed so I guess it's official. Bloody sad but IMO probably the best outcome for him.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Yup woke up to the confirmation this morning. Very sad news but it never really sounded like there was going to be a positive outcome. Gutted.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Terrible news. You always hope people recover from injuries but alas not this time. RIP Nicky.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Various things
    Yeah, very sad. He seemed like a totally nice human.

Bike
    2008 R6
    Very sad news - I didn't expect much different, but I hoped.

Nicky gave me some excellent memories. I was there at Laguna when GP racing came back for the first time in a long time.... where he won his first race. Well he pretty much dominated the weekend. Before Mazda Raceway moved the hill beside the front straight back a bit and smoothed out turn 1 (which is on the front straight.... which wasn't straight ) Nicky was the only rider keeping the throttle wide open. 300km/h double darkies cresting turn 1.

Then came the victory.... Colin Edwards barely holding off Rossi for 2nd..... what a great atmosphere at the track!

The plane ride home was interesting. Nicky, Roger, Roger's little baby, and the rest of the family were on the same plane out of San Jose as we were. He was just like a normal young kid at an airport.... went pretty much unrecognized by most. Tommy wasn't there because he got into an accident during one of the AMA support races at Laguna..... at Laguna they only raced MotoGP, not 250s and 125s.

Nicky was flying first class - most likely a request from Honda. My guess is that he'd rather fly economy with the rest of his family. He was one of the first ones on the plane, sat down and put a newspaper in front of his face, so that people coming on to the plane wouldn't see him sitting there in first class as they went to their seats.

Word got out mid flight that he was on the plane. Despite his best efforts after landing at O'hare airport and just hanging out by a pillar some distance from the gate, a small group of people from the plane were asking for autographs.

At the hotel that morning we got free copies of the Monterey Herald with a great cover shot of Nicky Hayden going down the front straight. My friend's wife grabbed their copy of the paper, a pen and walked over to Nicky. He hadn't seen the paper and was really excited about it. So I suggested to my friend's wife she take our copy over to him, so that he could have it. I'm not one for autographs. I think he'd enjoy the front page of the Monterey Herald + the story more than I would.

I can't say I spent much time around the kid..... but the small interactions I saw between him and other people impressed me with his patience and ease of being in the limelight. I remember thinking that living like that couldn't be easy. I do have a copy of "The Doctor, The Texas Tornado and the Kentucky Kid".... will need to watch it again soon!

Godspeed Nicky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI8tN6Obq8Q

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Very very sad.A true gentleman IMHO.

Thread Information