Thread: Auto clutches?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR

Auto clutches?

Anybody using an auto clutch for trail riding?

What are your thoughts? Im thinking about one for my KDX when I give it a piston.

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Anybody using an auto clutch for trail riding?

What are your thoughts? Im thinking about one for my KDX when I give it a piston.
    You mean a Rekluse clutch
    https://rekluse.com/

Had a couple mates with them they seemed to swear by them when they where fitted but have moved onto other bikes and not gone there with the new ones.
    So I can only assume they are good but not worth the money for every bike.
    Can ask for their opinion if you like?
    I think they are about a grand (even off Ebay) if you can find one.

Electric start wil prob will see the end of the Recluse requirement I'm guessing?? LOL
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    You mean a Rekluse clutch
    https://rekluse.com/

Had a couple mates with them they seemed to swear by them when they where fitted but have moved onto other bikes and not gone there with the new ones.
    So I can only assume they are good but not worth the money for every bike.
    Can ask for their opinion if you like?
    I think they are about a grand (even off Ebay) if you can find one.

Electric start wil prob will see the end of the Recluse requirement I'm guessing?? LOL
    Only one I can get for the KDX is an EFM unit, I guess thats the same or close to the Rekluse.

EFM does away with the clutch lever completely.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    I tried an enduro enginnering one once on a KX450F, and did not like it, however i know people that have the rekluse and love them,

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    I tried an enduro enginnering one once on a KX450F, and did not like it, however i know people that have the rekluse and love them,
    What didn't you like about it?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    What didn't you like about it?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    that model did not let you use the clutch under acceleration, (infact the club cable went loose and the lever would just flop around)

i use the clutch on a 450 at times to tame the power, to stop the front coming up, so the fact you could not use the clutch for that took a form of control away from me, and i did not like that,

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    that model did not let you use the clutch under acceleration, (infact the club cable went loose and the lever would just flop around)

i use the clutch on a 450 at times to tame the power, to stop the front coming up, so the fact you could not use the clutch for that took a form of control away from me, and i did not like that,
    Thanks for that. Its a KDX200 so it doesnt do uncontrolled wheelies.

Only unit I can find for it is a EFM and they dont allow for the clutch lever at all. But that does make the LHRB very easy.

http://efmautoclutch.com/

Bike
    Thanks for that. Its a KDX200 so it doesnt do uncontrolled wheelies.

Only unit I can find for it is a EFM and they dont allow for the clutch lever at all. But that does make the LHRB very easy.

http://efmautoclutch.com/
    i use the clutch a bit on a KDX to keep it up in the power band when it needs it, so i would not like using it,

but i am getting old, and dont like change either, personally i would want to keep clutch control on most bikes,

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    You don't know what you are missing, I have a rekluse fitted to my YZ250 (trail rides, etc) clutch leaver is gone completely, love it. It's not so much the clutch but the fact that I've fitted a rear brake leaver to the handlebar in place of the clutch leaver. Control much like a mountain bike, total control. I've had a few people ride it, first round they don't like it (same as me), second round usually they warm to it (once you get over the fact that there it NO rear foot pedal), third round can't get them off the bike! I've converted a few riders now. You don't need to 'clutch it' as the clutch set up properly does it for you. Should have done it years ago, riding anything else seems like hard work now.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    You don't know what you are missing, I have a rekluse fitted to my YZ250 (trail rides, etc) clutch leaver is gone completely, love it. It's not so much the clutch but the fact that I've fitted a rear brake leaver to the handlebar in place of the clutch leaver. Control much like a mountain bike, total control. I've had a few people ride it, first round they don't like it (same as me), second round usually they warm to it (once you get over the fact that there it NO rear foot pedal), third round can't get them off the bike! I've converted a few riders now. You don't need to 'clutch it' as the clutch set up properly does it for you. Should have done it years ago, riding anything else seems like hard work now.
    Thanks for that. Yes I will be heading down the same track.

Out of interest, did you use the master cylinder from Recluse or a different one. i have a good one from my CBR which will work fine upside down but am wondering about leverage ratios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    rd350,RM250,AX100,GT185,R6
    Exactly what Flettner said. I have it on my rm250 now and I don't feel the need to have FWW etc to make it trail friendly. Makes life a lot easier when you are tired.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Not sure what master cylinder is off, Wayne Blackwood from Black Wood Yamaha got it for me. It's a clutch master cylinder off a road bike but it's not big
    Resiviour is on top, not fitted upside down. Not sure what modle rekluse, it's an older one, designed to be used with the clutch leaver but I needed the leaver gone so I made a small attachment down at the crank case that holds the clutch leaver piviot, as if the cable was still there. Works great, and it does feel a bit like cheating when you get used to it. Remember you may not like it first time out, give it at least three trail rides.

Thread Information