Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R6 First Start Fail - Help!

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Fair enough! You've done all the time-consuming donkey work of finding a new engine and getting it installed. Hopefully now the mechanic will just have to give it a once-over, like getting a tune-up. And there's nothing quite as good as a professional tune
    You've done well, have a beer and start looking for your next project... a basket-case bobber perhaps...?

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Quote Originally Posted by CB ARGH View Post
    An update on the engine - I've dropped it off to my mechanic. It feels like I'm admitting defeat! The way I've got to see it is this bike will be taking me all round the country and it's got to be in the best nick possible.

Should be ready by Thursday.
    nah mate, be smart enough to know when to call in the experts!
    Obligatory wheelie vid when she's all running again!!

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    It's possible that the throttle mechanism is hitting one of the manifold clamps which is not allowing it to return all the way.

Bike
    '01 Yamaha YZFR6
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    It's possible that the throttle mechanism is hitting one of the manifold clamps which is not allowing it to return all the way.
    After doing a bit more research I think it's the middle carby sync screw that needs to bring the butterflies back. Will find out for sure once the mechanic's had a look.

THE FOUR RULES OF EXPLORING THIS AMAZING COUNTRY OF NZ
    RIDE SAFE, RIDE HARD, RIDE FREE

and try not sound so route 51 american brudda

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    The more you dig with half an idea of what could be wrong the more likely it is to fuck something up.

Someone who knows their way around will probably find some stupid little problem in 5 minutes and save you hours of swearing at the thing. Sometimes it gets to the point where taking it to an expert is money well spent.

Might as well get the thing properly tuned and good to go while it's there.....
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Thread Information