Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Iomtt 2017

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    I was just listening to the radio reports was going to pay for the live streaming but played tight wad instead

[/url]

...you saved me quite a lot of running around the ether looking for clips and results...job well done...

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...you saved me quite a lot of running around the ether looking for clips and results...job well done...
    Got a bit of spare time on my hands at present so thought may as well do something useful
    The IOM is in a class of it's own and always had a passion for it...I blame the oldman he followed it with vigor & the 7R AJS he raced had done time on the circuit so the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree

Bike
    moped
    Thank the lucky stars we went last year the best weather they have had in years, that when lap records get broken, riders get so much practise time when the weather is good, the year before camp sites were flooded out, this year similar, its all an unknown when you visit the Island regarding weather.
    Its so sad to here that the thieving is getting real bad over there now, bikes being stolen, parts of bikes being removed, 20 helmets disappeared from bikes in one session at Braden Bridge, campers losing personal gear etc. The policing is virtually non existent.
    Its an awesome Island with so much to do lots of history and places to visit , the transport system is amazing and cheap with the pass, it will get you to wherever you want to go and you don't wait long, its not expensive as you might think, the wife and I did 9 days last year for $1400NZ total which included ferry crossing return, camping, transport pass, lap around the course with Phillip McCallum, food etc.
    Time to visit the Manx for 2018.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by rustys View Post
    Thank the lucky stars we went last year the best weather they have had in years, that when lap records get broken, riders get so much practise time when the weather is good, the year before camp sites were flooded out, this year similar, its all an unknown when you visit the Island regarding weather.
    Its so sad to here that the thieving is getting real bad over there now, bikes being stolen, parts of bikes being removed, 20 helmets disappeared from bikes in one session at Braden Bridge, campers losing personal gear etc. The policing is virtually non existent.
    Its an awesome Island with so much to do lots of history and places to visit , the transport system is amazing and cheap with the pass, it will get you to wherever you want to go and you don't wait long, its not expensive as you might think, the wife and I did 9 days last year for $1400NZ total which included ferry crossing return, camping, transport pass, lap around the course with Phillip McCallum, food etc.
    Time to visit the Manx for 2018.
    ...it seems no place is safe from thieving dishonest cunts these days...this is sad, but the arseholes like to be where honest, trusting types gather, easy pickings...a far cry from the times I was there, when you could pitch a tent anywhere, leave your leather jacket and other gear, even your camera in it for as long as you liked while you were out on the piss or wandering around the track all day...fucking arseholes are everywhere now, it seems...can't do nuthin about the weather though...

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...it seems no place is safe from thieving dishonest cunts these days...
    A friend says where he works (in New Guinea jungle) the locals deal with thieves by smashing their hands with a hammer and this tends to discourage them. Vigilante justice is not always a bad thing. Happy to see Bruce Almightly win the Electric TT

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiKid View Post
    A friend says where he works (in New Guinea jungle) the locals deal with thieves by smashing their hands with a hammer and this tends to discourage them. Vigilante justice is not always a bad thing. Happy to see Bruce Almightly win the Electric TT
    and everyone get bent out of shape with shariya law hahaha . +1 on the bruce !
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Just having a nosey around youtube I see this has been put up.
    a moment to rupture the ol sphincter muscle

James Hillier getting way out of shape at Balla Scary

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Just having a nosey around youtube I see this has been put up.
    a moment to rupture the ol sphincter muscle

James Hillier getting way out of shape at Balla Scary

Holy Crap!!! that brings the ride for ever thread into perspective, I watched this a few times and he certainly didn't look like he grabbed big handfuls of either brakes or throttle, Amazing save, and possibly a little leprechaun sitting on his shoulder.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Holy Crap!!! that brings the ride for ever thread into perspective, I watched this a few times and he certainly didn't look like he grabbed big handfuls of either brakes or throttle, Amazing save, and possibly a little leprechaun sitting on his shoulder.
    He's probably doing something like 150mph+ ..... It'd be just try & keep it in a straight line & don't panic
    The Leprechaun made an appearance looking for the rainbow of gold dust that would've be vacating his ring

Bike
    He's probably doing something like 150mph+ ..... It'd be just try & keep it in a straight line & don't panic
    The Leprechaun made an appearance looking for the rainbow of gold dust that would've be vacating his ring

lol. you road racers are a whole different breed, scares the crap out of me just watching it.

Bike
    lol. you road racers are a whole different breed, scares the crap out of me just watching it.
    No road racer raced MX for a while but wrecked my knee and was always getting told I was too aggressive on the track

Bike
    No road racer raced MX for a while but wrecked my knee and was always getting told I was too aggressive on the track

Bugger about the knee mate, I tried that MX for a very short time, I soon found racing around muddy tracks and jumping off hills on my little TS250 with a few mates was way different to the serious stuff, so I took up flag marshalling instead.

I did enjoy riding around the oval dirt track with 3 wheels for a few years, but that threw me off and busted me up a couple of times.

I hold my breath and forget to swallow watching these guys racing today.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    I did enjoy riding around the oval dirt track with 3 wheels for a few years, but that threw me off and busted me up a couple of times.

I hold my breath and forget to swallow watching these guys racing today.
    so ya be heading south in november for the trans taz series then, could put ya up for the oreti sessions iffin ya do come down,

Bike
    Various things
    was always getting told I was too aggressive on the track
    Should've told them to go and get fucked. Worked(s) for me.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Should've told them to go and get fucked. Worked(s) for me.
    Not with having severed nerves & other bits in my right knee too old now for the dirty stuff & I've got a handgrenade elbow to contend with nowadays too which couldn't take the abuse anyhow. Thinking about giving a bit of pre82 or pre89 a tickle up though

Thread Information