Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Pros create unsafe riders

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Yeah .. they think that being right makes them bullet-proof ... but insisting on being right can lead to getting killed!
    Remarkably there are a lot of dead motorcyclists who were in the right.

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Remarkably there are a lot of dead motorcyclists who were in the right.
    Exactly, I always ride so I can ride another day. Doesn't mean I can't have some fun, but I ride to survive.......every time.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Okay, post script to my original post.

The guy who had the Go Pro arrived for his CBTA 6R test wearing the camera. Before we started I asked him how's it all going, and he told me he had lots of footage of near misses.

I've been coaching people to ride in a manner to avoid near misses. It's actually hard to listen to someone who would rather have footage of near misses than have no near misses to bitch about.

He passed his 6R. He told me it was the first hour of riding he's done without a near miss.

Leaves me worrying for his future.

Bike
    A

The guy who had the Go Pro arrived for his CBTA 6R test wearing the camera. Before we started I asked him how's it all going, and he told me he had lots of footage of near misses.

I've been coaching people to ride in a manner to avoid near misses. It's actually hard to listen to someone who would rather have footage of near misses than have no near misses to bitch about.

He passed his 6R. He told me it was the first hour of riding he's done without a near miss.

So he's improving then? An hour without a near miss...

Failing that, as long as he can edit his footage from the hospital bed, all is well

Bike
    Wots I gots.

OK.

This leaves me worrying about OUR future

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11868256

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
    OK.

ahhh i love it, it ended when he surrendered peacefully, why not say it like it was, he surrendered when he knew he had no other choice. as much as i believe that we need checks and balances i do not believe that it does anybody any good to have someone who wasn't there blaming those that were there for what happened. its like the crap that it is the cops fault when someone doing a runner crashes, our courts have become very disjointed from society and that includes the the coroners court.

Bike
    2007 Honda VTR250

I think I may have been on the initial course with you - I remember him wanting to follow guy that passed him even after we'd turned off. I'd hoped he'd cooled down a bit after it but doesn't sound like it.

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    As much as i believe that we need checks and balances i do not believe that it does anybody any good to have someone who wasn't there blaming those that were there for what happened.
    The point I was trying to make, obviously not clearly enough, is that the police are supposed to be so much better trained than us law-abiding firearms-licensed yokels. But they are convincingly not...

See also https://kiwigunblog.wordpress.com/20...ot-their-roof/

Tongue-bathing incompetent police does not help us civilians. Arthur Allan Thomas' wrongful conviction was a warning not an instruction manual.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    ahhh i love it, it ended when he surrendered peacefully, why not say it like it was, he surrendered when he knew he had no other choice. as much as i believe that we need checks and balances i do not believe that it does anybody any good to have someone who wasn't there blaming those that were there for what happened. its like the crap that it is the cops fault when someone doing a runner crashes, our courts have become very disjointed from society and that includes the the coroners court.
    They had tanks. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    OK.

what exactly concerns you?

what SHOULD concern you is that more shots were fired in this soirée than is in their annual training budget.

also, probably, that none of them hit target.

but the doggies get booties, so SPCA can sit down to a congratulatory circle jerk

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    whether the fault lies with his riding... or the fault of other motorists not seeing him or giving way.
    you're maybe too stupid to realise they're the same thing maybe.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries

so how do you feel now... even though you know he's a muppet, he ticked the boxes on the day and must be granted 6R...

you should tots vote ax.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    The point I was trying to make, obviously not clearly enough, is that the police are supposed to be so much better trained than us law-abiding firearms-licensed yokels. But they are convincingly not...

See also https://kiwigunblog.wordpress.com/20...ot-their-roof/

Tongue-bathing incompetent police does not help us civilians. Arthur Allan Thomas' wrongful conviction was a warning not an instruction manual.
    having shot at with crown policy enforcement agents, i am happy to confirm they're mostly shit.
    i have been shouted down more than once for expressing this opinion, which, like c*ssina, i take as proof of my rightness.
    ardmore was closed a'cos of them.

the joe blow pistolero has to shoot more rounds in a weekend (six weekends a year iirc) than the bob do all year.
    license? pah! what could possibly go wrong giving an entitled gang of bullies glocks? (and hollow points... cos geneva and shit)

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    so how do you feel now... even though you know he's a muppet, he ticked the boxes on the day and must be granted 6R...

you should tots vote ax.
    It's the system we have. If someone rides to the standard while being tested they pass.

I can't fail someone for what they did yesterday or what they might do tomorrow.

Bike
    2014 R1200 GS, 2007 DR 650
    It's the system we have. If someone rides to the standard while being tested they pass.

I can't fail someone for what they did yesterday or what they might do tomorrow.
    True and pretty much what Ax stated.
    What he asked was how you (as someone with a sense of responsibility and a desire to improve things), feel about that.
    I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was.

Thread Information