Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Pros create unsafe riders

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    The police started it with speed....er safety cameras, and who can forget the unmissable Highway Cops show.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

So, from what I can see, using that Go Pro has caused him to ride like a dick.

Am I wrong?
    Yes a dick. GoPros just make more SJWs.

Avoid, get on with your life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I challenge any decent rider to watch this and not facepalm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIxmADu81E4
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    I challenge any decent rider to watch this and not facepalm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIxmADu81E4
    Lots of narcissists with anger management issues is all I saw...

But yes RC, there seems to be a bit of a trend with Go-Pros if the YouTube footage is any indication. Haven't seen much in the way of law abiding riding with any finesse.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    However

I predict t he EU will pass a LAW stating all new cars must be fitted with them, have a huge hard drive capacity to record shit loads of video and associated vehicle speed. And it must be available on request by the police.

Watch this space.
    More likely ... GPS units that can be accessed from Police HQ. As per most Company vehicles are ... to their own company HQ's now.

A *555 call mentioning your license plate ... and your recent "History" gets reviewed ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    More likely ... GPS units that can be accessed from Police HQ. As per most Company vehicles are ... to their own company HQ's now.

A *555 call mentioning your license plate ... and your recent "History" gets reviewed ...
    High tech stuff can be fooled by a piece of tinfoil over the aerial, depending on how it works. Firm I was working at some ago had a weird spell of "intermittent outages" caused by the tinfoil and duct tape remedy... Nowadays not as easy to fool the gear, but with bit of know how can still be achieved.

Bike
    husaberg
    Chur Azkill.
    You just know he has like 8 generic versions of them mounted on his Mitzi Sigma
    The guy would be a cretin even if he ddn't have a Go pro (also alpplies to azskissel)
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    I guess the police might be able to demand access to dashcam footage from a driver suspected of doing something wrong ... but could anyone do the same? If some twonk with a dash cam hits me or causes me to crash, or just happens to be filming the scene when someone else does the same, do I have any legal basis to demand that evidence?

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Just an observation.

When I was in a blue suit lots of folk wanted to give me 30 seconds of footage showing someone doing something stupid.

Nobody wanted to hand over the rest of the footage, for fear of showing their own riding.

Bike
    husaberg
    Just an observation.

When I was in a blue suit lots of folk wanted to give me 30 seconds of footage showing someone doing something stupid.

Nobody wanted to hand over the rest of the footage, for fear of showing their own riding.
    Thats likely because they were to stupid to download and edit the rest out.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Thats likely because they were to stupid to download and edit the rest out.
    Or get charged with tampering with evidence.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    It's not just GoPros. Some trackdays ban any cameras presumably because experience suggests guys try just that little bit harder when they see their mate at the corner with a camera. Oops!
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba_Steve View Post
    Na, I'd say he was always like that just now can vid it & present it to people in a way that shows "see im the victim"
    Agreed. A bit like cell phones. The device is not the problem, just the tool of the idiot or an excuse for inattention.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    Or get charged with tampering with evidence.
    Nah as long as it includes all the relevent footage of the lead up and aftermath its fine, There is no obligation for an individual to incriminate themselves.
    If the officer formally requests the whole footage as a result thats another story.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Our man could have backed off and avoided it by miles, but he insisted on riding close to the U-turner and filming it, complete with expletives.

So, from what I can see, using that Go Pro has caused him to ride like a dick.

Am I wrong?
    Yeah common theme, but like others here have said it all comes down to the individual user. Just like cellphones and fireworks there are people who can use them safely and correctly and others who just won't.

I do t even mount my GoPro till I'm at an interesting scenic area or challenging adventure terrain I want to film. As I don't want to be mistaken fir the social justice road warrior described above.

Mind you though, how different is it to police ten seven or motorway patrol tv shows. There we often see cops following unsafe driver for extra distance so the tv show gets good footage when the driver should be stopped as soon as practical.

Maybe if cops started prosecuting dashcammers for careless driving in instances where they don't respond quick enough to hazards.... And yeah as for the complete footage if I was ever subject of someone's dashcam my lawyer would be applying for all their records to be seized and presented as evidence.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information