Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Pros create unsafe riders

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Rastus OP seems oblivious to how police recording who they go after does visibly tempt them to push the envelope. Proof: your TV nightly.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I ... post ...on here. most ...find it boring as I am [ a massive douche sack that doesn't know shit and is immune to learning]
    fify .

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I should post a video of my riding on here sometime. The only fault that you would find with it though is I dont take specific riding school taught lines. Other than that most would find it boring as I am not doing any "pressure to keep up" sort of overtaking.
    Have you got it in Super 8 video?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    There is a guy on FB who says on his FB page when he will be out taking photos on the hill over to Akaroa and he aways manages to snap a few Rossi wannabes.
    Has he got photo's of you?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    No I dont ride over there much and it would be safer to pick a day when there are no wannabe Rossis wanting to show off for the camera.
    Don't worry ... you probably couldn't keep up anyway ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    I should post a video of my riding on here sometime.
    He's out of that line of work now ... and he just concentrates on people that pay him to stop their stupid riding ... but a vid of your stupid riding would give us all a laugh though ...

The only fault that you would find with it though is I dont take specific riding school taught lines.
    Some of us can count higher than that. Don't judge everybody by your own skill level ...

Other than that most would find it boring as I am not doing any "pressure to keep up" sort of overtaking.
    If you could keep upright for your entire ride ... it would probably be a first. There's enough of those vids on Youtube already ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    I have an opinion.

It involves filming people and increasing hatred of motorcyclists by the general public. We all know how cyclists with cams and attitudes tend to give all cyclists a bad name.

Last thing we need is an increase in bike hating people on the road. Just saying.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    Mine
    I should post a video of my riding on here sometime. The only fault that you would find with it though is I dont take specific riding school taught lines. Other than that most would find it boring as I am not doing any "pressure to keep up" sort of overtaking.
    Therein lies the first sign of the rampant know-it-all. If you really think your riding is so free of what you call fault please take an IAM assessment or the like and post the results. Maybe then you'll realise you don't know as much as you think you do.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    S1000RR
    There is a guy on FB who says on his FB page when he will be out taking photos on the hill over to Akaroa and he aways manages to snap a few Rossi wannabes.
    Wow that guy sounds like a legend!

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    I have an opinion.

It involves filming people and increasing hatred of motorcyclists by the general public. We all know how cyclists with cams and attitudes tend to give all cyclists a bad name.

Last thing we need is an increase in bike hating people on the road. Just saying.
    Absolutely right. Our cause is already marginalized by the behavior of a small part of the biking fraternity, then to make it worse by the YouTube crybabies who go out to antagonize Joe Public...oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    Therein lies the first sign of the rampant know-it-all. If you really think your riding is so free of what you call fault please take an IAM assessment or the like and post the results. Maybe then you'll realise you don't know as much as you think you do.
    Well Mr Barnett, I admire your ongoing positive outlook on this topic. I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment, for none of us know what we don't know. It takes an external source to enlighten us. I'll be upfront and admit that until ten or so years ago, I never gave motorcycle training for myself much thought. But once I got going, I quickly realized I had an awful lot to learn. Just a shame Cassina isn't willing to go down the route you've suggested, for you're not the first to make that suggestion...

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I just said I dont take riding school lines so dont know as much as those who do according to you. It does not bother me either. I will try and post it some time but am not up with posting videos technically so my post may or may not appear.
    If you had a proper assessment then the assessor could take the vid and post it.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I am not sure if you read my comment about not wanting to go to a riding school but the reason is that it would not have prevented me from having the accidents except for the very first one where i applied incorrect braking on a wet road when I was a beginner. In all the other accidents
    I was in things happened too quick to even brake or swerve just like what happened to the motorcycle racer that died as he did not have time to brake or swerve either. I was attacked on here when I gave the example of his accident as having no time to brake or swerve either, to try and prove my point that shit happening accidents can happen to anyone.
    Why not just tell the truth that you are too scared to, or this is a troll account.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Thanks for sending me you most recent video, pretty good.

That Rossi chap would be hard pressed to keep up eh wot.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    16' xtz125e super-adventure, Ninja 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Thanks for sending me you most recent video, pretty good.

That Rossi chap would be hard pressed to keep up eh wot.
    man we've come a long way, a scooter from china could go up a hill like that now!

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Had a guy on a course today wearing his Go Pro on his helmet.

He tells me he has been cut off 3 times this week, and he's sick of it, so he's got a Go Pro. Like, that'll make a difference.

Out on the course today a guy U-turned across our path. Our man could have backed off and avoided it by miles, but he insisted on riding close to the U-turner and filming it, complete with expletives.

So, from what I can see, using that Go Pro has caused him to ride like a dick.

Am I wrong?

Yeah .. they think that being right makes them bullet-proof ... but insisting on being right can lead to getting killed!
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Thread Information