Thread: TGB Tapo 50cc - opinions/advice/recommendations

Bike
    pre-purchase

TGB Tapo 50cc - opinions/advice/recommendations

Hey,

New member and first post here.

Looking at buying a 50cc (only have car licence) for the commute to and from uni.

On a budget of max $2500, looking to buy new not second hand to get a scooter under warranty. Had a horrible experience buying a second hand Chinese scooter recently (only fools rush in eh..), not keen to buy second hand or Chinese again.

Have been doing a fair bit of research and am quite keen on the TGB tapo 50cc:

http://www.tgb.co.nz/tapo.html

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1342892077.htm

Taiwanese made, 2yr warranty incl. breakdown care, very peppy on test-driving.

Looking for advice from anyone with scooter experience about what they would recommend.

Also open to suggestions about other scooters in that price range!

Cheers,
    Goose.

Bike
    SuperScooter 2010
    Check out the Piaggio Zip 50 2T. It's a quality scooter and I've seen it at around $2000 new in Auckland.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1346205007.htm
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...1344432047.htm

Bike
    TGB Tapo 50cc 2013

tgb tapo ran low on fuel and wont start now afterr fillg her up.

hey

I have had my tgb tapo scooter a few weeks and KI just love it for scootering around the hood. It has been faultless since I got it. but.. (I now realise) I let it run a bit low on petrol and when I went to fill it up yesterday and it was running just dandy, once I filled it up up and went to start it. no go. dead. major hassle as I was a few kms form home and ended up having to get an uber home to get me SW to come back and pick it up.

I am a learner to this scootering lifestyle and wished I'd researched a bit more on google at the petrol station as when I got home and did a bit more research for the fault, I found out that kick starting her (instead of key starting her) might get her going, and it did, but she wont idle and she's still a major to start even using the kick start.

Anyway today I removed the carburetor and cleaned it reasemmbled it and reinstalled it as well as buying a new fuel filter. I went through the process of creating a vacuum by sucking on the vaccum hose so as to activate the bedcock to release fuel form the petrol tank. Done all of this, and still no joy. wont start. I havent looked at the spark plug yet as there wasnt any issue whatsoever until I let her run low on petrol (never again) and refilled her. I even drained the fuel tank of the 4 ltrs of petrol I bought yday and put different petrol in. No joy. Please please, does anyone know what's going on with it and waht the cause might be?

Thanks

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Typical issue is the pilot jet. Scooter carbs could be more primitive, but its the smallest one going from float to carb bore. If that is blocked it will present symptoms as you describe. Pull it out and blow through it then if you see daylight you are OK. Poking wire down it will likely make it too big so should be avoided.

Unless you really can't blow it clean. . .

But plug change is something you should always have spanner and spare on you to try if you have problems when out.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Suzuki GSX R 750 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple View Post
    hey

I have had my tgb tapo scooter a few weeks and KI just love it for scootering around the hood. It has been faultless since I got it. but.. (I now realise) I let it run a bit low on petrol and when I went to fill it up yesterday and it was running just dandy, once I filled it up up and went to start it. no go. dead. major hassle as I was a few kms form home and ended up having to get an uber home to get me SW to come back and pick it up.

I am a learner to this scootering lifestyle and wished I'd researched a bit more on google at the petrol station as when I got home and did a bit more research for the fault, I found out that kick starting her (instead of key starting her) might get her going, and it did, but she wont idle and she's still a major to start even using the kick start.

Anyway today I removed the carburetor and cleaned it reasemmbled it and reinstalled it as well as buying a new fuel filter. I went through the process of creating a vacuum by sucking on the vaccum hose so as to activate the bedcock to release fuel form the petrol tank. Done all of this, and still no joy. wont start. I havent looked at the spark plug yet as there wasnt any issue whatsoever until I let her run low on petrol (never again) and refilled her. I even drained the fuel tank of the 4 ltrs of petrol I bought yday and put different petrol in. No joy. Please please, does anyone know what's going on with it and waht the cause might be?

Thanks
    Were you able to solve your problem?

Thread Information