Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ball missing from end of brake lever

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Good grief - you check their knobs as well?
    do they have to pay extra or is that part of the cost? Asking for a, uh, friend.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    ow, fuck!. Hopefully you were riding in jeans and sandshoes and no helmet. and what is it with Suzuki RV's? the very first motorbike I ever rode - a mates RV90: He said go and ride up that pile of shingle and stop at the top (it was about three feet high). Me: yeah sweet, wrung the things neck, got it airborne and fell off. All my mates run over to the bike to see if its OK.....
    Jeans and gumboots mate. Was only ten at the time. Have a pretty mean scar on me foot from it. My neighbors had an RV90, it's what I wanted, as the fatter front tyre was better at the beach which is where mine lived.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    I thought he did? He brought it to the riders attention, he can't overrule the wof inspector... Pretty helpful I thought
    Message to op: you might fail a wof sometime in the future if an inspector notices it. In the meantime understand that it is a minor safety concern so get a replacement next time you're at the wrecker
    we're talking about two different instructors here if you check the thread, one knew about it one didn't

Bike
    suzuki
    next time you're at the wrecker
    what are they these days?

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    That sounds like a nonsensical reason when hitting a pedestrian with the rest of the bike could kill them. I would say the reason for the ball would be to prevent your hand sliding off or not gripping properly if you have to grab the lever in a hurry and its wet.
    yeah, except i dont grip my brake lever, my hand tends to grip the handlebar.

ohhhh crap sucked in again.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    , he can't overrule the wof inspector
    i used to run a thursday evening ride locally, we had a young guy turn up, pretty new L plate on his old honda 250, nice brand new wof, pretty proud was that young fella until i pointed out the fork oil caked in grime down his front lower forks and told him to ride nice an quietly home. how the hell a wof inspector missed that is beyond me.

question for rastus, if ya had a bike turn up on your bronze course (or any course) would you let it ride even if it had just got the wof that day

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post

question for rastus, if ya had a bike turn up on your bronze course (or any course) would you let it ride even if it had just got the wof that day
    I've had to turn very few away since I started a couple of years back.

I'm no mechanic, so I don't delve into fine detail. Lights have to work. Brakes have to work. Generally looking safe, works for me.

If a bike isn't licenced, I get them to do it online on their phone and show me the email confirmation, or it's no go. Not many turn up on an unlicensed bike. It's still illegal to ride without the label displayed, but I'll live with evidence of licencing.

No WoF, no course. We have bikes folk can use, at a cost. Their choice.

I knocked a 16 year old back once. Motard which had been on the track (Ruapuna) the previous day. Bald front tyre. Really? Would you turn up on a course with a slick?

One interesting thing that is happening is people turning up on a LAMS bike bigger than 250 with modifications making them.lighter or more powerful. Those things void the LAMS approval, but we've been told to not argue, to just take them out.

The situation arises at the start of CBTA assessments too. I've refused to take one guy out on his test, he turned up on a mates total puss box. As stated, I'm no mechanic, but this thing looked like it was off the set of Mad Max. Wiring had the potential to set the bike alight at short notice. Indicators didn't work. Horn didn't work.

Not really a big problem. People generally know we have to play by the rules.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    he turned up on a mates total puss box.
    you spelt Harley wrong

Thread Information