Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: stuck on the road side

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by russd7 View Post
    well thats bullshit cause the guys that picked me up from waioeka gorge were from opotiki an thats just round the corner from whakatane
    No, no I'm afraid it's perfectly true. He used my phone to call them, in fact. Dialing the number from his AA card as he did so.

And the answer he got was definitely "no, we're not helping you".

Which is completely in keeping with their usual attitude towards bikers.

Now I'm sure you're experience was different, and I'd not stoop to calling your wee story bullshit, for example. But it's the exception to the biker/AA interaction, not the norm.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Now I'm sure you're experience was different, and I'd not stoop to calling your wee story bullshit, for example. But it's the exception to the biker/AA interaction, not the norm.
    yeah fair call, but it certainly isn't my experience or others that i have known that have used em, but i do agree that in some of what they do it certainly seems they are anti bike, like i said i had no problem getting picked up from the middle of the waioeka gorge

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    AA will get you to the nearest service centre, AA Plus organises you home (or at least how it should work).

Or you could run out of gas on the motorway, and shout at them about what you need (because of all the cars racing past), while they ask if you could go someplace quieter... yeah, I wish

Owning a BMW adventure bike, flats don't worry me, I carry a compressor plus tools to repair (unless it's a rip or something). However, if it decides to shit itself, there is nothing a towie can do, nothing a regular bike shop can do, and it's BMW trained techs only, hence having AA Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2015 Honda CBR650F
    AA despite the organisation's stance against motorcyclists have the most extensive roadside assistance coverage and my personal experiences have always been good.

Bike
    06 Honda 919-79 T140E Triumph 96 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkNZ View Post
    AA despite the organisation's stance against motorcyclists have the most extensive roadside assistance coverage and my personal experiences have always been good.
    Agree, and iv'e used a number of times stuck in middle of nowhere (nail in tyre,melted battery -elek short x3, bust primary drive) once had to walk up a hill in a cockies paddock to call them as out of reception. Much easier to sort from a township garage handy to a sorrow drowning pub.

Have called my alternative a few times my mates AA ( Alcoholics anonymouse) to pick me up, and returned the favour.
    "If you ever need anything please don’t hesitate to ask someone else first.”

Anyhoo don't forget to add to calendar 19th May, 27th July, and 31 August.
    World whisky day, International whisky day, and Scotch whisky day.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    You lot need to buy more reliable bikes.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    I have standard AA membership and used it for the first time for the bike 2 years ago out behind Gladstone/Wairarapa way. They said they would only take the bike to the nearest town Martinborough. Towie took real good care with the bike. The car they will take to a garage or your home- your choice. I accept that. In that instance I wasn't far from home and the bike shop collected my bike for free on the Monday.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Thread Information