Thread: Ship bike from Europe to NZ

Bike
    Niken, Hypermotard, ST1100, F650, Evoke

Ship bike from Europe to NZ

Myself and some buddies are doing a bike tour of Europe next year.

We're weighing up options for buying bikes there and bringing them back.

I've spoken with one freight company who tell me that they can ship a bike to Europe for about $1100 but it's around $4000 to bring it back.

Has anyone here imported a bike from Europe ?
    Any idea of cost ?

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Not a bike but a car. Mistake. Aside from the transport cost, there were the costs and delays while the vehicle was inspected for alien wildlife and the shipper's damage was repaired, then the expense to register it here, then the expense to get bits for it from Europe ... when the paint started fading and flaking under the UV radiation streaming through the ozone hole I finally realised I should have left it behind.

Bike
    MVs & Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro2018 View Post

I've spoken with one freight company who tell me that they can ship a bike to Europe for about $1100 but it's around $4000 to bring it back.

Any idea of cost ?
    Contact Barnard Freight and Customs near Ak airport, ask for Simon Davison, he does all the racebikes for classic racing etc so will probably know, or put you onto someone who does

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    I brought 2 bikes with me from the UK in late 2015. Do not use Anglo Pacific and/or NZ Van Lines here in NZ. They are a thieving, lying and dishonest bunch of twerps. One of my bikes was damaged when I got here and no one would own up to the incident.

The chaps mentioned in the post above may be better, I sincerely hope so. Have a very long think before you commit to doing this. If you don't want the heartache then I would suggest finding an alternative.

Bike
    2013 Hayabusa
    I shipped my bike to Europe with these guys, after riding it around Europe for 6 weeks they are about to ship it back.

I see they will also quote on one way shipments.

http://www.ttandeuropemotorcycleadventures.co.uk/

So far they have done exactly what they said they were going to do, it has been very easy dealing with them.

cheers

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Best advice, sell your bike here and buy a new one in the UK. Sooooo much cheaper than here. It's what I am doing in September.

Bidrider do the cheapest shipping rates. I also use Autohub too. Imported lots. It's easy

Bike
    Niken, Hypermotard, ST1100, F650, Evoke
    Here's the reply back from Burnard International, it covers freight NZ-Europe and Europe-NZ.
    I have concluded I'll buy a bike in Europe and probably bring it home.

Assumptions
    Would be on ATA Carnet (allows for easy movement between customs borders)
    Crate approx. 1.6cbm
    Pricing based from depot to depot (does not include any local cartage charges at either origin or destination.
    Marine Insurance your care
    Crating/Cleanliness of bike your care)

Auckland to Hamburg NZD398.03
    (Covers freight, documentation up to Hamburg)

Hamburg port charges & clearance NZD679.40
    (covers port, clearance & govt fees)

Hamburg to Auckland NZD1104.59
    (Covers freight, export docs, NZ port, clearance & MPI clearance)

Gives you a rough idea of what sort of costs you are facing up to say Germany and back – Italy would be a little more expensive.
    Also you would need to give thought what to do with the crate for the bike when you got up to Europe.

Bike
    Ducati 1198s
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Best advice, sell your bike here and buy a new one in the UK. Sooooo much cheaper than here. It's what I am doing in September.

Bidrider do the cheapest shipping rates. I also use Autohub too. Imported lots. It's easy
    How do you advise doing that without being a UK resident?

Bike
    ktm 990
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro2018 View Post

Any idea of cost ?
    Hi,

We have been working in partnership with Daniel at:

http://www.ttandeuropemotorcycleadventures.co.uk/

Highly suggested, been supporting them since 2015, all happy clients from AUS and NZ.

On our part we provide insurance and bike storage in Zagreb/Croatia/EU. One stop shop place known as Lobagola B&B, hospitality, spare parts, service, bike storage, gps mapping, we're also part of the www.transeurotrail.org for Croatia.

Let me know if you need any more info mate.

Cheers
    Dooby

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Boy View Post
    I brought 2 bikes with me from the UK in late 2015. Do not use Anglo Pacific and/or NZ Van Lines here in NZ. They are a thieving, lying and dishonest bunch of twerps. One of my bikes was damaged when I got here and no one would own up to the incident.

The chaps mentioned in the post above may be better, I sincerely hope so. Have a very long think before you commit to doing this. If you don't want the heartache then I would suggest finding an alternative.
    ...NZ Van Lines=cunts...I paid for a lot of shit from them that I didn't get when I shipped a bike from the UK...cunts...

Thread Information