Thread: Installing Motorbike Alarm on CBR300R 16, recommendations?

Bike
    CBR 300R

Installing Motorbike Alarm on CBR300R 16, recommendations?

I had bought a alarm from Ebay, SPY 5000M LCD motorcycle alarm system two way remote start & proximity sensor

Just wondering any recommended electrical guys? (peps were quoting $200-$300) as don't want to give to car electrical guy,as he will ask about electrical schematic for cbr300.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    english isnt your strong point. obviously neither is not-being-a-fuken douche.

you bought the fucken thing, YOU wire it in.

Bike
    CBR 300R
    Hopefully i don't fk up the wiring as English version guide by the chi vendor for installation is more fkd up that my english

Bike
    A
    The most useful anti theft device for a little bike is a good strong chain and padlock secured to something solid. Any electrical device is pointless if two burly men with a van can just take your bike away...that said, your bike dealer will easily handle the install, and yes it'll cost a few bucks.

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    The install cost is always going to be greater when you supply your own bits, instead of buying the items off the installer.
    Most alarms aren't particularly difficult to install with a few basic tools - the tools you will need will cost you less than the quoted install price, and then you have tools to do more things later on.

You would be better off with a GPS locator hidden in the bike somewhere. When was the last time you saw anyone give a fuck when a car alarm goes off? nobody bats an eye or makes any effort, too busy with their own shit - old school screaming alarms are a waste of time.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    - old school screaming alarms are a waste of time.
    and quite a lot can be muffled or silenced with shaving foam....
    Manopausal.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shah757 View Post
    I had bought a alarm from Ebay, SPY 5000M LCD motorcycle alarm system two way remote start & proximity sensor

Just wondering any recommended electrical guys? (peps were quoting $200-$300) as don't want to give to car electrical guy,as he will ask about electrical schematic for cbr300.
    How much have you spent on Insurance ..??? Do you get a discount on insurance if the bike is alarmed .. ??? What is a CAR electrical guy ... ???

Most bikes are stolen for a joy-ride or for parts. A CBR300 is seldom associated with either trait.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    3 months from now OP will start a thread "my cheap chinese alarm wont stop going off and my bike wont start". More trouble than it's worth - get comprehensive insurance, sleep soundly.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    3 months from now OP will start a thread "my cheap chinese alarm wont stop going off and my bike wont start". More trouble than it's worth - get comprehensive insurance, sleep soundly.
    no cunt, "the shop installed my alarm 3 months ago, last week my missus bought a puppy and now it's fucked, is this a warranty issue? should the shop fix it for free or do i take them to court? has anyone got any experience with puppies and alarms? or XYZ shop?"

Thread Information