Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help?

Bike
    VFR400, ZG1000

Help?

Okay, totally new here 😅 so have no idea if this is the right place to post.
    Bought myself an ole ZG1000 (Concours, but this one has a prettier face) the other day and have spent a few hours trying to get her going. Have reached the stage where we're turning over and almost catching but not quite. I've put a new battery in, drained carbs, cleaned tank, and have got it to the stage of almost starting but not quite...

Have a feeling it's plug related (or carb related?) however Air NZ wouldn't let me bring my tools down so I'm stuck without the right size plug socket and am scratching my head a little over this one. Anyone in Chch keen to come give me a hand? I'm in Springston atm and will be here till tomorrow evening. Would be eternally grateful!

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    I'm roughly 20mins away and could come have a look tomorrow for you.
    With what you've done so far you're best to have a new set of plugs on hand ready to be fitted

The plugs you need are DR8ES

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    This works on an old bike I had, take all the plugs out and spray some CRC or similar engine start down the plug holes.
    don't be bloody stupid, they're way past that kind of nonsense
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    I was bright enough to suggest a possible solution to poster 1's problem. You are just jealous or frightened of being ridiculed to think of a possible solution yourself.
    Yet again you make yourself look as you are..... STUPID

They aren't even able to get the plugs out plus spraying that shit straight in the cylinders is the perfect way to fuck bores

And to the OP if it's a creamy white GTR I worked the bugger plenty of times a few years back...it was always coming into the shop for one thing or another ....

Bike
    If the fact they could not get the plugs out was their only problem I would not have posted now would I?. I said that spraying CRC into the bores "WORKED" and the reason why it would work would be if there is corrosion on the bores. CRC is promoted to free corroded parts did you know. Why strip a motor down if a spray of CRC could get it going. At least as I said I am bright enough to post ideas unlike you and the other poster with your smart arse attacks on me showing how not very bright you both are.
    Just shut your trap and do everyone a favour and PISS OFF

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    If the fact they could not get the plugs out was their only problem I would not have posted now would I?. I said that spraying CRC into the bores "WORKED" and the reason why it would work would be if there is corrosion on the bores. CRC is promoted to free corroded parts did you know. Why strip a motor down if a spray of CRC could get it going. At least as I said I am bright enough to post ideas unlike you and the other poster with your smart arse attacks on me showing how not very bright you both are.
    Fuck no.

The reason why it would work is the butane propellant's lower ignition point allowing a weak spark or flooded plug to induce combustion. The CRC itself will only contribute to bore washing and damage the engine. Ether type starter cans are designed for this very purpose, and can be squirted into the airbox too; a far better option than some cassina-special thudfuckery.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    We both agree what I said works though don't we? If you are worried about engine damage it is really no different to the "damage" that is done when you do an oil change and there is a delay before all the oil circulates. The bike that I did this to is still running 10 years after I sold it which really rubbishes your and the others theory of any engine damage.
    Fuck no.

An oil change does not remove the oil from the rings like a bore washing solvent does. 10 years is fuck all, well maintained bikes will easily smash out 30.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    incase it hasn't been made abundantly clear, repeatedly: c*ssina is a fuckwit.

carb tune is on the list. new plugs rule out 4 problems you may otherwise have. i'm picking pilot jet setting and /or worn main seats.

pistons are alloy. rings are steel. if it's "almost starting" it's not "seized" - not to say it hasn't been and you've now gouged the fuck out of the bores, but it's a long way down the list of likely.

again, just to be clear, c*ssina is a fucking moron.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    incase it hasn't been made abundantly clear, repeatedly: c*ssina is a fuckwit.

again, just to be clear, c*ssina is a fucking moron.
    Without the brains to keep his/its trap shut....

TWR - take a can of Start Ya Bastard along too.

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    could try new leads as well, a bike that old quite possibly has never had new leads and it can be surprising what new leads will fix, and some ether in the airbox could help as well

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Without the brains to keep his/its trap shut....

TWR - take a can of Start Ya Bastard along too.
    I doubt we'll hear from the OP again.
    I'm picking it was the white bugger that used to frequent the shop....It's got a huge amount of kms on it if it is; it was on it's third lap when I last serviced it 9yrs ago

The cock polisher ruined another thread and made it about himself...

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    This is what CRC 556 does if you have never heard of it and note at the top it states it lubricates as well.

CRC 5-56

Advance Lubrication
    Stops squeaks
    Stops corrosion
    Attacks rusted parts
    Displaces Moisture
    Cleans tar off vehicles
    Astroglide lubricates as well, I suggest you apply liberally and slide your arse the fuck out of technical threads.

Bike
    Exercycle
    When one of the gpz900/ZX10/Concours family gets hard to start, they're getting pretty fucked. As std they have short cams and plenty of valve area so a good cranking vacuum on the carbs...
    maybe the OP will need a supply of Starter cans for their NZ tour....

Bike
    You and a few others are just jealous that you are not mentally retarded yourselves. I dont give a fuck what you think but unlike you and a few others I have lubed my cock & pulled myself to a stand-still and it works. as stated from the CRC spec sheet I posted it does have lubricting properties despite what you lot think.
    The cassina narcissistic idiot spec sheet

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    You and a few others are just jealous that you are not technically minded yourselves. I dont give a fuck what you think but unlike you and a few others I have done this and it works. Even another poster said it could and as stated from the CRC spec sheet I posted it does have lubricting properties despite what you lot think.
    Did you just call Grumph not technically minded? good lord, you have no fucking idea do you

Also, where the mods at? this shit should have gone to PD a while back...

Thread Information