Hi All

Whilst my VStrom was being serviced today I managed to get my hands on a brand new (It had 1Km on the clock when I set off) GSX-S750 for a few hours from the team at Colemans Suzuki. Alas the roads were still pretty wet and that, combined with brand new tryres meant that I was taking it rather easy. Still I managed to get some decent impressions of the bike:

Riding Position - Very similar to the GSX-S 1000 (No surprise there) as well as the SV650 I rode a few months back. In other words you're leaned forward with feet fairly far back but not uncomfprtably so. I'm 6'00" and didn't have any comfort complaints during my time on board.

Equipment - The 750, like the 1000 model, has ABS, TC, Low rev assist and the easy start facility. All of which are useful and make your life safer/easier and there's a pleasing lack of any other electronic aids such as electronic suspension goodies, engine modes or any other items which, whilst undoubtedly interetsing for a while, aren't really on my wish list on a new machine.

Engine - I didn't venture above 7k revs in deference to the bike being so new but it behaves much as you'd expect a small to medium sized inline 4 to. In other words it's smooth and predictable and this model, unlike the 1000 versions when they were first introduced, has smooth fuelling too. The noise from the airbox is rather nice too (That's with the standard pipe fitted too).

Looks - I like it though I've a feeling that its slightly fussy detailing may age it over time. The bike I had was in dark metallic blue and black, a very fetching combination, which undoubtedly helped too.

Price - $13995 + ORC isn't bad at all IMHO.

Would I buy it? - Given that this is a competitive area of the market (MT-09, Honda CB650F etc.) I'd be inclined to give one or two of those a test ride first. However if you are a Suzuki fan and/or have a good dealer then this bike is undoubtedly good enough to give you that warm and fuzzy feeling that you've made a good purchase.

Overall - I liked this bike. no, that's not true - I REALLY liked this bike. However it didn't get me all frothy at the mouth wanting to buy one and spending my time figuring out which bike would need to be traded/sold to make it happen. I guess I respected it immensely and it's a bike that satisfies your needs without question. The problem is I'm not sure it satisfied my wants as well.

If you're curious I'd definitely take one for a test ride. Perhaps I'm just becoming increasingly picky as I get older (Wiser?!).