Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone got a Britten Diecast Model they want to sell ?

Bike
    MVs & Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    or the man who thinks having three of them is ok when two other people could be enjoying them....

Those who know me (hopefully) think I'm a fairly generous person, I like to think I am. However I don't give a fuck what poor people think they deserve, apart from life necessities of course. If they want a Britten model, they pay more than any other person or they don't own it, simple. And your attitude stinks. Why the fuck should someone give up what they like just so another can enjoy it. I have a large collection of classic cars, should I sell them to make others happy? Fuck no

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by MVnut View Post
    Those who know me (hopefully) think I'm a fairly generous person, I like to think I am. However I don't give a fuck what poor people think they deserve, apart from life necessities of course. If they want a Britten model, they pay more than any other person or they don't own it, simple. And your attitude stinks. Why the fuck should someone give up what they like just so another can enjoy it. I have a large collection of classic cars, should I sell them to make others happy? Fuck no
    glad i live rent free in your head then

Bike
    Its a Boat

Looks like Jellywrestler is going out of his way to be a cunt.
    That is normally just a jump to the left, so not that far out of his way to be honest.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Only a mental midget measures wealth in material things

Bike
    MVs & Ducatis
    Maybe a midget in stature, but mental midget I'm not. 'The poor' I refer to are those adults in civilised countries healthy enough to work but always on the breadline and begrudging others 'Tall Poppy Syndrome' it is called. I have worked in the jungles of New Guinea and helped the natives for decades, interspersed with other business activities around the globe and within NZ. I have been through good and bad times financially and emotionally, like millions of others. Certainly not born with a silver spoon in my mouth either. Now at the end of my time, yes I'm dying, maybe a few months left, and yes becoming more cynical. Also I have no time for fuckwits anymore and speak my mind.

My cars, bikes properties etc I buy for me and my family, always have. Fact is I hide most stuff away from prying eyes and only a select few friends ever see it. That's my prerogative. So I have property in 6 different countries, 150 bikes and 170 cars....it's all for my family, the only true important thing I have. If you don't like my attitude, go fuck yourself

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Don't be a greedy prick. Give me one.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    I haven't got a model. Oh well.
    I do however have a treasured memory of seeing one raced at Pearoa
    you're welcome to mine, i'll swap it for an emblem 'BigTwin' motorcycle tank, condition irrelevant, as long as it's useable as a pattern, then no money will change hands. i don't care what year as they're all similar enough

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Theres a Britten at Te Papa, you can go see it anytime for free . You can get a reasonable coffee there too, and sit and stare for as long as it's open. Spend the $2k5 on a real bike.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Theres a Britten at Te Papa, you can go see it anytime for free . You can get a reasonable coffee there too, and sit and stare for as long as it's open. Spend the $2k5 on a real bike.
    Too right mate. You can even ride to the museum
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I just marveled at the price of a stack of Kauri on trademe...$20,500...I have twice as much in my timber store and cannot imagine it being 'worth', that much...I hope some fuckwit buys it...it will make me feel like I have trucked and stacked and restacked it so many times for some kind of reason...

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    I just did. Yesterday in fact.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2004ZX6R
    I NOW have 2 of these still in original boxes unopened ,and one made up, I brought 2 when they came on market, made one and kept 1 in box, I found a unopened 1 about 3 weeks ago in a garage sale in mixed box of models , the whole box of unopened models cost $80 , have three now

Bike
    suzuki gsx750f 91
    I have one still in box that could be for sale but this thread has me confused as to what its really worth-starting to wish i hadn't started reading this.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...I have a small lead (pb) car that I found behind a skirting board in a grand old 120 year old house. It must have fallen down a gap between the board and the wall when it was a relatively new toy. From what I can see from its profile , as it is of a fairly single dimensional form, it seems to resemble a de Dion Bouton which I think was built in 1904...

...My question is, if I melted it down and cast a Britten from it, would it be worth more or less, or still just be a bit of lead...

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...My question is, if I melted it down and cast a Britten from it, would it be worth more or less, or still just be a bit of lead...
    I think it depends on the skill of the fisherman who uses it as a sinker, and the power of the magic contained in his grandmother's jawbone... not to mention the powerful juju of the dazzling auctioneer...
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Thread Information