Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Track Days and 2 piece leather suits????

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    there was a day when we didn't have flush toilets or need crash helmets too
    Difference is though, the rest of us weren't alive back then.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by malcy25 View Post
    but a good 2 piece suit of matching halves designed to work together and from a reputable manufacturer should not be an issue. I know any number of guys who've raced with them.
    It was just a bit before my time, but until Geoff Duke had his lightbulb moment all racing leathers were two piece.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    '08 R6
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    It was just a bit before my time, but until Geoff Duke had his lightbulb moment all racing leathers were two piece.
    No doubt, but all helmets were open face at one point too. Don't think you are allowed out on track with one of those these days!
    Arborist available - Will trade tree work services for bike parts or servicing! PM me...

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    my friend Pete has some custom made Indian or Pakistani leathers, all Kawasaki'd up and they were cheap and as well sewn with good leather as any of the big names...

I suspect a lot of flashy expensive name brand leathers are made in Pakistan. Hmmm, rushes off to check his flashy name brand leather jacket ....

And ..... ALPINESTARS, designed and developed in Italy, manufactured in Vietnam.

Bike
    VFR400, Frankenbucket
    Nothing wrong with Pakistani leathers. Pretty sure my agvs were made there

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bike
    1999 Yamaha R1
    Checked with the guys on a UK forum - 2 piece leathers are fine at every track there.

Sent from my SM-G9208 using Tapatalk

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    I think if the joining zips are both on leather (as opposed to a mesh lining or similar) then track days maybe are ok in a lot of tracks. Personally I would only advocate 1 piece though, safety first. If you cannot afford the hear you shouldn't be there. In most tracks you must also have back protector and those overseas riders getting track time on a rental must ride with a flouro vest plus be with an instructor. I remember back in the 70s my brother turning up at a track wanting a go on one of my Kawasakis. I leant him my leathers and went out for a few laps in Levi jeans and a cotton Kawasaki jacket. Fuck what an idiot, not sure how I survived these many years

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I think it's some risk adverse director worried about being arse-licked in prison if someones two piece separates and shreds his back to the point of death....... in steps OSH, and the police ......

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by KawasakiKid View Post
    , safety first.
    Nothing personal KK but shit I hate that phrase. It's the biggest lie ever spoken.

If it were not a lie we would never leave the womb. Safety is ALWAYS second. First we must live. Sometimes this involves some level of risk.

Eskimos would've died out long ago if they thought twice about attacking dinner many times their own size with only basic weapons (knife, spear etc.) from a kayak in heavy seas that are near freezing.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Kawasaki H2A 1973
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    Nothing personal KK but shit I hate that phrase. It's the biggest lie ever spoken.

If it were not a lie we would never leave the womb. Safety is ALWAYS second. First we must live. Sometimes this involves some level of risk.

Eskimos would've died out long ago if they thought twice about attacking dinner many times their own size with only basic weapons (knife, spear etc.) from a kayak in heavy seas that are near freezing.
    Don't worry I am not one to wrap everything in cotton wool, so I agree with you. I do however believe in as much safety as possible on racetracks

Bike
    Mine
    Don't worry I am not one to wrap everything in cotton wool, so I agree with you. I do however believe in as much safety as possible on racetracks
    I figured as much. It's the phrase that gets me. The likes of OSH bandy it around as if a paper cut is the end of the world.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    The likes of OSH bandy it around as if a paper cut is the end of the world.
    Wow you are stuck in the past.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    as if a paper cut is the end of the world.
    I had a run in at the office a while ago when I refused to write up a paper cut I received in the book. Fucks sake it's a paper cut - it's not like I was naked in the office and sliced my foreskin off.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    ... safety first...
    ... Safety is ALWAYS second. First we must live. Sometimes this involves some level of risk...
    I figured as much. It's the phrase that gets me. The likes of OSH bandy it around as if a paper cut is the end of the world.

I'd suggest that you're talking about taking responsibility for yourself...

... it seems to be something that so many are totally unable to do for themselves and need someone to tell them what to do and how to do it or it's the fault of someone else.

Just how the hell did we survive childhood - climbing trees, playing in the street, jungle-gyms, swings and slides with hard ground under them, riding bicycles everywhere, crossing railway tracks, and so on - and yet we learnt so much about our own abilities and the consequences when things went wrong.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    I had a run in at the office a while ago when I refused to write up a paper cut I received in the book. Fucks sake it's a paper cut - it's not like I was naked in the office and sliced my foreskin off.
    Dont take the office as a safe place. Google Paper shredder injuries.

Thread Information