Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NZ Road Accidents

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I must be brighter than many new riders today then as I never went to riding school after passing my practical test back in 1976 (they did not exist then) and I never put anyone else at risk. If all new riders were a danger even though they had passed their practical, going to riding school would be compulsory now wouldnt it? Everyone has different abilities and some of us can DIY and some can't I guess. Don't pidgon hole all riders as having no better ability than you when you were a learner.
    You are not bright enough to know that training is still preferred by actually smart people or else why would talented doctors still go to medical school? I think you would prefer they just open a practice and experiment on patients without any training because back in 1476 doctors never went for training.

As for not being a millionaire or not riding one's dream bike, you don't have a cystal ball (may be a broom, but no cystal ball) to make such a claim. Who knows how many members here might be worth whatever, who cares.

This forum is for people for common passion for riding, if you can't respect that then perhaps pick up a new hobby.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Bike
    S1000RR
    Your analogy with doctors is nonsense as they do ongoing courses due to changes in medical technology. What changes about riding your motorbike each year for you to do ongoing rider training?
    It's called "refresher course"? Good to remind themselves and further develop on own skills?

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Your analogy with doctors is nonsense as they do ongoing courses due to changes in medical technology. What changes about riding your motorbike each year for you to do ongoing rider training?
    Human anatomy hasn't changed in 50,000 years, why do need retraining every year? Back in '76 how powerful was your bike? Have you seen how much more power similar size engine can now produce? Drum brakes vs disc brakes? ABS vs non-ABS. Slipper clutch vs standard clutch. But the anatomy of riding hasn't changed, still same sitting position on a mechanical implement with two wheels, engine and handlebars.....

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    I am guessing maybe you are a returning rider or very infrequent rider to feel the ongoing need for further training but that is not me.
    The Arrogance is spectacular

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    “once you stop learning you start dying”

― Albert Einstein

Bike
    So that's why you need ongoing training to handle different technological changes in each new bike you buy? I am guessing maybe you are a returning rider or very infrequent rider to feel the ongoing need for further training but that is not me.
    Training is definitely not for you, I agree. 'cause no amount of training can fix crazy. And I also agree with you that shit happens that is beyond one's control, as only that explains how you got the license to ride, allegedly.

Some people have the curiosity and desire to learn new skills and gain new experience, some don't. Whether its arrogance or shame to admit your inability and incapability to learn, I feel bad for you to have never opened your mind to wonderful things this world has to offer. Human mind is a beautiful thing, don't waste your remaining life in such misery.

Bike
    S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    “once you stop learning you start dying”

― Albert Einstein
    “Only two things are infinite, the universe and cassina's stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.”

- Albert Einstein

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    “Only two things are infinite, the universe and cassina's stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.”

- Albert Einstein
    Your quote reminds me of "everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold" by Mark Twain. This troll is a special kind of iron ore for sure.

As for someone else, I give up. Your trolling has now gone down to childish levels, its like amateur hour. Pick up your game thing, or leave threads on topic.

Bike
    2013 Rocket 3. 2013 T/Bird Storm
    I would be in the majority and not the minority in having to never need to get any lessons post getting my license. I guess you would be one of those that would want compulsory licence retesting every so many years but I would only agree with that for those with a history of at fault accidents. Everyone learns differently and some quicker than others as I said in my previous post. I get the impression from your comments about me you are somewhat jealous that I have been a quicker learner than you having no need to go to riding school.
    Its not the NEED to learn, but a desire to become better at what we do so we can enjoy it more and get home unscathed. There is a faint possibility that the lack of understanding / comprehension rests with you.

Sent from my ZTE R84 using Tapatalk

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    I get the impression from your comments about me you are somewhat jealous that I have been a quicker learner than you having no need to go to riding school.
    DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR

IN YOUR OWN DEMENTED WORLD

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Apparently it was beneath me to suggest that you folks stop engaging with you know who.

I don't think it is. I also think it's probably just a bored Donald Trump having a crack at fluid gender expression.

#Alt-Facts
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    less than I used to have
    I have been a quicker learner than you having no need to go to riding school.

....hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahhahah ahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahahah...this troll is winning by so many points that I personally feel defeated by it and must reply with limp comments...ignore it, then I may be able to...this is one very successful trolling cunt...

Bike
    Wots I gots.
    Back in the days of drum brakes (and army-surplus boots for auxiliary stopping power), Lucas ("the Prince of Darkness) electrics, kick-starts and no helmets (i.e. Prehistoric Geezer Times), there was literally no other way to learn to ride (at least in my rural neck of the woods) other than to borrow a machine and teach yourself. Mentoring consisted of "you break it you fix it" and "put it into second before you try to bump-start it FFS!" along with the occasional "they all do that" and "you've flooded it again!". Actually the point of this (there was a point? -ed. Yes, shuddup.) was that we learned the hard way, sometimes painfully, but we didn't necessarily learn what was right and helpful.

Decades later when riding schools became a thing, I found it quite difficult to unlearn bad habits even when they were pointed out and demonstrated to me. In the last ~12 years have been through three riding schools (in three different countries) and learned more each time.

The other thing I've learned is that I need to do more, not less, riding re-training, the longer I ride. Have been on some really really long cross-country rides but I don't learn as much on a long ride as I do from city commuter-riding and twisty riding / riding in bad weather. YMMV as they say.

Bike
    2013 Rocket 3. 2013 T/Bird Storm
    So how far / long did you ride in your long day ride?
    Did the article on mid life crisis riders differentiate between mid life crisis riders and normal returning riders who put bikes to one side for many years to fully commit to family situations?
    I am curious if there is any difference in statistics between these groups.

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by razza11 View Post
    So how far / long did you ride in your long day ride?
    Did the article on mid life crisis riders differentiate between mid life crisis riders and normal returning riders who put bikes to one side for many years to fully commit to family situations?
    I am curious if there is any difference in statistics between these groups.

One long day ride I will never forget was from Wanganui to Wellington return, this was in 1973 with my once sweet girlfriend on a TS 250 Suzuki in winter, it was frigging cold, wet and most unpleasant, my passenger who was /is much smarter than me climbed off at Foxton on our way down and caught a bus back. She forgave me for being a pharking dork a few days later, and has been my wife for over 40 years .

Thread Information