Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power problems who to contact?

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    privet can be drilled and poisoned with metsulfuron. or chemically ring barked with meths/diesel and 2.4-D/ something else.

monsanto is the devil.
    roundup is tradenameded glyphosate.
    I've reached the point that the odd remaining privet in my garden drops it's leaves when it hears the shed door open.
    My application of choice is whatever is left in a wee white hammer hardware bottle still on the shelf, diesel and an emulsifier. Soap. Good soap that prevents beading and forms a soaking layer. I'm still on the hunt for a DIY coagulant. It always rains an hour after I spray.

Of essence with shrub or tree murder is to harbour the murder weapon with the victim. Cut grooves or drill holes, crush smaller trunks to expose the under bark capillaries, and get your spooge on instantly. Cut, apply. Repeat.

Get your shovel or mattock out and give the roots a beasting a few weeks later. Better than a week at the gym lowering your opinion of yourself and the coup de gras for the vigorous privet.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    . Good soap that prevents beading and forms a soaking layer. I'm still on the hunt for a DIY coagulant. It always rains an hour after I spray.
    if you mean a sir-fuck-tent (or a wetter/penetrant, (tee-hee)):
    sunlight dishsoap.
    nowhere near as effective as organosilicone, but for the price can't be beat.

as to tree murder, the cambium layer is where it's at.

Bike
    less than I used to have

as to tree murder, the cambium layer is where it's at.

...not forgetting the Stihl 044 as an effective tree killer...

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...not forgetting the Stihl 044 as an effective tree killer...
    and then poison the stump... :

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    and then poison the stump... :
    Yep, drill a hole, pour in some neat Tordon, job done.
    flashg

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by flashg View Post
    Yep, drill a hole, pour in some neat Tordon, job done.

...Bruce normally brings his 12 tonner around with a root rooter attached to the business end and then all there is, is a hole...in the ground...whats all this got to do with smelly hippies and power consumption...

Bike
    2012 Yamaha WR 450. 2014 Beta 300RR 2t.
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...Bruce normally brings his 12 tonner around with a root rooter attached to the business end and then all there is, is a hole...in the ground...whats all this got to do with smelly hippies and power consumption...
    Umm, thought it was normal for threads to run off track.
    flashg

Bike
    2002 Ducati ST4S
    Quote Originally Posted by rudolph View Post
    We live down a privet road with 4 big blocks of land one with a derelict house so 3 houses in total, 11,000 volt lines run most of the way down our drive to a step down transformer then 240 volts to the houses,

Problem one block is like a small city with all sorts of assorted scum living in tin huts buses sheds and a chicken house, its majorly overloading the transformer and it has failed twice, the 11,000 fuses blew 3 times this month, brown outs all the time, the linesman was very helpfull and sed they need there own privet transformer and connection.

I have been ringing vector but they don't really give a shit and sed when the transformer fails they will replace it and when the fuses blows they fix it.

Is there anyone elce I can contact?
    Sounds like you are on to it now by requesting temporary metering. You probably just need to wait for the process to be completed. But definitely keep reporting all brown outs or other issues to Vector as soon as possible so they can give your case the right priority.

Out of interest, where do you live? I work for the company that does all the work for Vector in what we call the Sourhern network which is everything south of the bridge and east of Rosebank Road pretty much.

Thread Information