Thread: Paranoia rules - Advice from Nick Ienatch and Cycle World

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries

Paranoia rules - Advice from Nick Ienatch and Cycle World

The following article is written in the USA so there are slight differences in culture. Cellphone use while driving is illegal here, so that just doesn't happen - right?
    Previous comments on KB suggest we may not all agree with everything he writes, but it is all worth serious consideration.

http://www.cycleworld.com/how-to-sur...le-riding-tips
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Thanks for sharing.

Bike
    Mine
    They lost me at "ride with your high beam on most of the daylight hours". Right way to distract a driver from what's in front of them. Doing this you're just as likely to distract their attention from the bike in front of them than you are to get noticed.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Yeah some good reminders on that, like always be in the correct gear. But high beam during the day is bloody annoying, used to be ok but not nowadays with the power and focus of modern headlights. And as for overtaking a vehicle that is too slow to go on a green light... wow, is this guy for real?
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    has cellphonedriving being illegal actually stopped any cunt?
    i see as much if not more now, than before it was illegal. and even politzei doing it.

as to it being the lead cause of distraction amongst cagefaggots...i think it's rather a scapegoat for general faggotry that faggots refuse to de-faggotify.

stupid: is how i rank that article. and americans.

" Stopping, steering, weaving, flashing lights, covering horn
    buttons. All good skills, "
    ...rly???

enter rastus, stage left...

Bike
    A
    Plenty of good advice in there, if you know how to sort it.

High beam in daylight hours? Must be from the Euro car driver with fog lights on 24/7 school of thought...

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    High beam in daylight hours? Must be from the Euro car driver with fog lights on 24/7 school of thought...
    I stopped reading at that point. That point alone shows a complete lack of consideration for other drivers. Makes anything else said suspect if you don't already know the good from the bad.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Confessions of a Cager

Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    i see as much if not more now, than before it was illegal. and even politzei doing it.

as to it being the lead cause of distraction amongst cagefaggots...i think it's rather a scapegoat for general faggotry that faggots refuse to de-faggotify.

DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    S1000RR
    100% cassina bait thread.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swbarnett View Post
    They lost me at "ride with your high beam on most of the daylight hours". Right way to distract a driver from what's in front of them. Doing this you're just as likely to distract their attention from the bike in front of them than you are to get noticed.
    I did mention that there are differences in culture. That was one, but it doesn't mean there's nothing of use in the article. Use what works for you, ignore what doesn't.

Ienatch suggests upgrading your horn, there are KBers who think that's silly, their loss.

Ignore a few of more of his ideas and you'll be up there (down there?) with Cassina.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by EJK View Post
    100% cassina bait thread.
    I'll agree with you there my good man

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I did mention that there are differences in culture. That was one, but it doesn't mean there's nothing of use in the article. Use what works for you, ignore what doesn't.
    I'm not saying that there aren't some gems further down that I would agree with (I'm pretty sure there would be). I wouldn't know as I didn't read it. My point is that anyone that advocates high beam has no appreciation for how distracting, annoying and downright painful it can be for some of us to get a strong light right in the mirror. The only problem we have on our roads (in traffic) is a lack of courtesy towards other road users. Anyone that advocates lowering the level of courtesy loses credibility.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post

stupid: is how i rank that article. and americans.

" Stopping, steering, weaving, flashing lights, covering horn
    buttons. All good skills, "
    ...rly???

enter rastus, stage left...
    You got me with that many faggots in a sentence - ish. I thought it was a bit hyperbollock, not the faggotisms.

When I started shaving (dousing my chin with milk and presenting it to the cat) it was called ; owning your space on the road.
    Manopausal.

Thread Information