Thread: Quasimoto leathers

Bike
    Niken, Hypermotard, ST1100, F650, Evoke

Quasimoto leathers

I'm back riding again after a break of a few years and have pulled my old gear out of storage.

It's a full set of Quasimoto jacket, pants, gloves & boots that I bought from Quasi when he first setup selling from his garage in Hamilton.

It all seemed like reasonable gear at the time, but I'm wondering if over time it's been discovered that it was substandard or something like that and it should be binned.

I have no reason to suspect it, but just don't want to be out riding in gear that is no good and I didn't hear about it because I haven't been in these forums for several years.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Euro2018 View Post
    I'm back riding again after a break of a few years and have pulled my old gear out of storage.

It's a full set of Quasimoto jacket, pants, gloves & boots that I bought from Quasi when he first setup selling from his garage in Hamilton.

It all seemed like reasonable gear at the time, but I'm wondering if over time it's been discovered that it was substandard or something like that and it should be binned.

I have no reason to suspect it, but just don't want to be out riding in gear that is no good and I didn't hear about it because I haven't been in these forums for several years.
    ...what?...people actually take notice of the opinions and shit dribbled on 'these forums'...I'm flabbergasted to learn that...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...what?...people actually take notice of the opinions and shit dribbled on 'these forums'...I'm flabbergasted to learn that...
    It takes a bit of effort to sort the chaff from the wheat, but it's worthwhile. There are certainly some opinions here worth listening to.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    It takes a bit of effort to sort the chaff from the wheat, but it's worthwhile. There are certainly some opinions here worth listening to.

...dont you dare take the risk of listening to me or my opinions...

Bike
    GSX-R 750
    FARK ME - Its been that long and you reckon you'll still fit it. You've done well!

I never had any problems with any of my Quasi gear and after having owned some other 'name' brands since don't believe there was anything sub-standard about it. While I bought when a home business too it wasn't the original models so your mileage may vary

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckylegs View Post
    FARK ME - Its been that long and you reckon you'll still fit it. You've done well!

I had to sell my old leathers with broken zips...
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    Its a Boat

Nothing wrong with the gear, it's triple stitched don't you know. Unfortunately Quasi was his own worst enemy when it come to gear comparisons. He would eagerly rubbish most other brands in a weak attempt to make his brand seem all the better. Truth is, there was no need do that but he couldn't help himself.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post

I had to sell my old leathers with broken zips...
    One of the jacket zips pull handles broke, solved by stealing one off something else.

Good quality YKK zipper, but can't buy the spare parts.

If anyone is biffing a jacket with YKK 8V zipper please save the zipper handle for me please.
    I'll swap for a box a beer in return for a some zipper bits.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    It will be triple stitched with unobtainum thread, used the most select pieces of whale foreskin leather and the zips were designed by NASSA. Once assembled all of his leathers were then treated to a oiling with Mobil 1 full synthetic oil.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    I've had mine at least ten years. Crashed twice in them. The zipper on the right hand arm end broke. The zipper on my fly broke.

and worst of all the knee sliders wore out.

Nah... that's pretty damn good for ten years I reckon. Awesome stuff.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Thread Information