Page 158 of 285 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 4262

Thread: The 2017 Election Thread

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    Just a question o most learned one. As a sales person why to you use bad language every post?
    Tell ya what Murray, because it's Sunday, I'll give a fair question a fair answer. Whilst I gradually morphed into a salesman, before that, I was a mechanic. We tend to use *colourful* language at times.

(Ever sliced your hand open on the top of a cyl head, stuck a test light into the palm of you hand, or smashed it with a 32oz hammer? Tends to make you say naughty words)

Anyhow, once a salesman, I soon learnt how important the basics are.

1: Learn to read people fucking quickly, and act accordingly.

2: Listen, don't talk.

3: He honest, and genuinely try your best to help people.

4: Don't *sell* to people.

Most people (if you slip up on rule number one) don't mind the odd harsh word, if they believe you're doing number 2, 3 and 4 genuinely. It would be very rare I use such words with the wrong people, as I've become very good at reading people very quickly. But should it happen, yeah, in my experience, it doesn't really matter.

Hope that helps.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Please explain the difference.
    Speaking of EPIC FAIL eh...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I always find it funny when sales people say they can "read people" as there was a story years ago in NZ of a guy who walked into a luxury car dealership wearing a t shirt, shorts and jandals who was "read" by the car dealer as a time waster. Two weeks later he turned up there in his luxury car and showed them they "read him" wrong.
    You're incredibly easy to read. Fuck off, you stupid fuck.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Tell ya what Murray, because it's Sunday, I'll give a fair question a fair answer. Whilst I gradually morphed into a salesman, before that, I was a mechanic. We tend to use *colourful* language at times.

(Ever sliced your hand open on the top of a cyl head, stuck a test light into the palm of you hand, or smashed it with a 32oz hammer? Tends to make you say naughty words)

Most people (if you slip up on rule number one) don't mind the odd harsh word, if they believe you're doing number 2, 3 and 4 genuinely. It would be very rare I use such words with the wrong people, as I've become very good at reading people very quickly. But should it happen, yeah, in my experience, it doesn't really matter.

Hope that helps.
    I thought it was:

1: See how much money they want to spend/borrow.

2: See if you can interest them in stock you can't move.

3: Pretend you care about them

4: Commission $$$$

( or is this just my experience from Real Estate Agents)
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I thought it was:

1: See how much money they want to spend/borrow.

2: See if you can interest them in stock you can't move.

3: Pretend you care about them

4: Commission $$$$

( or is this just my experience from Real Estate Agents)
    Lol. I think the diff being, motorcyclists are pretty good at smelling bullshit. We had plenty of salesmen come and go in my 20 years at WMCC. The full of shit ones simply after the dollars didn't last long or do very well.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    Even miss teen carolina knows why the usa needs maps in schools.
    Don't be a dick.
    You appeared to be slating Labour but added a statement that says they are as bad as each other.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Speaking of EPIC FAIL eh...
    That's what I thought. The cunt can't make his mind up.
    What a dickhead.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    That's what I thought. The cunt can't make his mind up.
    What a dickhead.
    Think it's more the cunt obviously can't read. Funny as all fuck.

Bike
    motocompo
    Lol. I think the diff being, motorcyclists are pretty good at smelling bullshit. We had plenty of salesmen come and go in my 20 years at WMCC. The full of shit ones simply after the dollars didn't last long or do very well.
    Do/did you ever use what they drove/rode up on as an indicator of how to read them?

Bike
    Various things
    I always find it funny when sales people say they can "read people" as there was a story years ago in NZ of a guy who walked into a luxury car dealership wearing a t shirt, shorts and jandals who was "read" by the car dealer as a time waster. Two weeks later he turned up there in his luxury car and showed them they "read him" wrong.
    From that reply i am guessing you have lost a big sale by reading someone wrong Ha Ha!!
    Not at all. In fact, I'd share a story of what happened when I was one of the only Harley Salesmen in NZ that took the time with a certain then non customer, but I can't be fucked sharing it with you.

In the meantime, you fucking docile twat, learn the difference between reading people, and judging people. And I think the story you may be referring to, may well relate to Aaron Slight at a car yard in his home town.

Get a brain.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Do/did you ever use what they drove/rode up on as an indicator of how to read them?
    Only the ones that rode up on a BMW Boxer... But I could tell by their riding gear/helmet selection before I saw their bike. But seriously...nah. Old sayings have been around for as long as they have for a very good reason. Book/cover etc etc.

Bike
    motocompo
    Only the ones that rode up on a BMW Boxer... But I could tell by their riding gear/helmet selection before I saw their bike. But seriously...nah. Old sayings have been around for as long as they have for a very good reason. Book/cover etc etc.
    yeah, I find It preferable to do business from my old Toyota people mover I initially bought for overseas guests to use, than any of my other cars.
    You are far less likely to do a deal with some judgmental fuckwit to the point that I virtually never drive my man truck now.
    Riding a maxi scooter weeds them out too.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200

Hope that helps.
    Good response. OK

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Various things
    No the story was not about Arron Slight you docile twat yourself.
    Fucking gold. Fuck off.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Judging by this reply again you demonstrate reading or judging people is somewhat of a sore topic with you as I never set out to attack you with my first reply to your post but simply said car dealers "as an example" can end up reading people wrong and there is no exact science about it that you appear to think there is? No the story was not about Arron Slight you docile twat yourself.
    Somewhere there is an Amoeba, that is struggling to live, because of all the Oxygen you are carelessly using.

And the Amoeba would definitely be a much more pleasant and insightful poster on KB.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Thread Information