Page 281 of 285 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 4262

Thread: The 2017 Election Thread

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    You seem to make a habit of that.
    Yeah - I have a life ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    Yeah - I have a life ..
    But not many clues to go with it, by the looks.

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    But not many clues to go with it, by the looks.
    I no longer take these discussions seriously - and commit no time to them at alll .. so it shows - gee - So Fucking What ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by austingtir View Post
    Calling out the National supporters in here.

Whats the point in voting for a party thats in opposition but provides no actual opposition?

If you people are not voting NEW CONSERVATIVE or ACT at the next election you are crazy!!
    Being in opposition doesn't mean you have to oppose everything the government does. You can still 'keep them honest' and work to change parts of bills while not being opposed to the general idea of a bill (eg, Firearms, carbon emmissions). If you are automatically opposed to everything you'd become irrelevant after a while. A bit like some people on this forum actually.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Being in opposition doesn't mean you have to oppose everything the government does. You can still 'keep them honest' and work to change parts of bills while not being opposed to the general idea of a bill (eg, Firearms, carbon emmissions). If you are automatically opposed to everything you'd become irrelevant after a while. A bit like some people on this forum actually.
    And how many votes has simon just lost by supporting multiple pieces of rubbish legislation by labour?

I reckon atleast 15% of his vote just walked off to act and New Conservative. Not that im complaining im just pointing out the facts of what just happened!!
    The Nats must think they are going to get that back from a few of the lemmings voting for the greens, labour and nzfirst but I doubt it.

You've got to stand for something in politics. Bridges is the most gutless National leader in history. Worse than Jenny Shipley by miles.

For instance me and my wife were nat voters until the election before last. She's now voting ACT and im voting NC. (there will be a few more arguments over that before the end of next year but as long she's not voting nat or any other party I dont really give a shit)

Bike
    motocompo
    Renters argue they should have the right to address complaints when facing something as disruptive as being removed from their home.
    https://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/22685...-eviction.html
    Here's a surprise for them.
    It's not actually their home, it belongs to the landlord.
    Labour standing up for the downtrodden, deluded & entitled again.

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Renters argue they should have the right to address complaints when facing something as disruptive as being removed from their home.
    https://www.sunlive.co.nz/news/22685...-eviction.html
    Here's a surprise for them.
    It's not actually their home, it belongs to the landlord.
    Labour standing up for the downtrodden, deluded & entitled again.
    One bad landlord and the tenant looks for an alternative. - One bad tenant and the landlord loses his/her equity! - sounds fair? -

Bike
    aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    One bad landlord and the tenant looks for an alternative. - One bad tenant and the landlord loses his/her equity! - sounds fair? -
    Exactly, Tenants already had more than enough rights.

My grandfather used to have a few rentals and the stories I could tell about some of the scumbag people you end up dealing with is unreal.

Bike
    aprilia
    Mike Hosking had Winnie cornered like a rat.....

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12286662

Winnie doing his best Sgt Shultz impression...

Unlike Trump in the states I think the media may actually have the goods on winnie this time.... 10 years ago winnie would of batted those question for 6. He's looking and sounding pretty senile these days.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/in-depth/...n-govt-funding

Bike
    aprilia
    “ calling a reporter psycho probably isn't what a Deputy Prime Minister should be doing. But then this isn't any Deputy Prime Minister and this isn't any government.

Sadly, reporters of a certain persuasion tend to get a wee bit ahead of themselves and see their role as slightly more important than it is.

What's important here is that Winston Peters, who's party is in government and is directly in charge of handing out certain funds to certain projects, has a spectacular conflict of interest when it came to a business called Future Forests Products.

That has a founding director called Brian Henry, who is Peters' lawyer. And has another director called Jan Trotman, who is Peters' partner.

They made bids for money from two government run programmes both run by Shane Jones, a Minister in the party Peters runs, and the government Peters is the Deputy Prime Minister of. I only explain this so painstakingly, so as to point out, just how glaringly dodgy this is.

Peters' defence appears to be, the applications they made to the One Billion Trees Programme and the Provincial Growth Fund were unsuccessful, therefore there is nothing to see here.

What is conveniently forgotten, is the question, what if they were successful? Would there still be nothing to see here? Why did they bid unless they hoped to be successful? And in making their bid, and presuming they were potentially going to be successful, what were they going to say when the inevitable avalanche of questions were going to be asked?

Let's ask some of those questions now.

Does a company that is run by the Deputy Prime Minister's lawyer and partner getting taxpayer money from a couple of funds set up as a direct result of the party the aforementioned Deputy Prime Minister is also the head of, strike any of us as slightly dubious?

Would, under most circumstances, questions be raised if programmes, in this case two, ere set up as a direct result of a party coming to power, and members, in this case the most senior member, being a direct or indirect beneficiary of said fund?

Now, Shane Jones saw a conflict here, no kidding, and stood aside from the decision making process. The final call was left to Labour Cabinet Ministers who, perhaps not unsurprisingly, saw this for what it potentially was and declined the applications.

So given nothing actually came to pass, the argument from Peters is, no harm no foul.

But guess what? That’s bluster. The sort of bluster sadly we saw also last week in court when he was suing Anne Tolley and Paula Bennett for hundreds of thousands, only to watch that element of his lawsuit go up in smoke.

I assume I am not alone in thinking this sadly is a part of this government that continues to be such a profound disappointment. A minor party appearing to play fast and loose, with a major party inept and unwilling to do anything about it.

If you think what Peters, his lawyer, and his partner were attempting to do is above board and kosher, you're as psycho as Peters thinks the reporter is. “

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...inston-peters/

Bike
    aprilia
    Why do politicians "foundations" ALWAYS turn out to be laundering money or be dodgy and why hasnt any of the media properly looked into Comrade Helens newly founded "foundation"?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...out-foundation

Bike
    motocompo
    I'm wary of people that can't pronounce their job title.
    Apparently on the news tonight, Jacinda belongs to a Poliddical Pardy.
    I wish she wouldn't talk like an uneducated peasant.

Bike
    aprilia
    Thats going to be tuff. Her work history basically consisted of running a foish and churps shop and sucking tony blairs cock.

Bike
    husaberg
    Yeah compared to your local MP and leastter of the nashional puurty......
    there i sa big difference between hashing on word and the shit way that Simon speaks with

Bike
    aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Yeah compared to your local MP and leastter of the nashional puurty......
    there i sa big difference between hashing on word and the shit way that Simon speaks with

Lets be honest here neither of them are leadership material.... Pretty scary stuff when neither major political party can put forward a credible leader....

And even the "saviour" national is trying to march through the ranks now luxon does not look like a vast improvement either (mainly because he's clearly just another corporate shill with an agenda like JK).

None of these people have the best interest's of NZ in the back of their mind.

Thread Information