Page 103 of 285 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 4262

Thread: The 2017 Election Thread

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    However - I see you still haven't got anything refuting the gender differences in IQ.
    What you are referring to as a Gender IQ difference is a variation in the min and the max IQ of males.
    which when looks real only if one looks at it without properly understanding, that this variation a greater variation of IQ is easily explained as being a result of the greater variation of body size of the males thus leading to a greater range of IQs.
    Thus it is not believed by most to be a true reflection of an actual gender IQ difference but more a simple anatomical difference.
    That is not to say womans brains are not different to mens and visa versa.

Womans and mens brains are of course different, but they are equal.But getting back to your context.
    Anyone who believes that someone should be prejudged on a ability to preform a job as you did with the PM solely based on their sex as you did is wrong. Feel free to judge her performance after having a baby though, at least that way it will appear that you are using actual evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Womans brains are different but equal still can be different and anyone who believes that someone should be prejudged on a ability to preform a job as you did with the PM solely based on their sex is wrong.
    I know we have given up with English as the PM but it still helps to use it when typing.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    Not really, think of them as equals so treat them as such.
    No. They aren't the same. It's why we have different words for them.

I'm sure you can find some edge case contrived example bullshitery to be the exemption to prove the rule, so to speak.
    No need to. See above.

Nature's bias is one of semantics.
    More like application - and those are very different concepts.

Just some run of the mill causal proof,
    You mean like multiple experiments run cross-culturally and on large scales where the only variable that was changed was Gender? Backed up by further Empirical evidence? I've given you that:

In nearly all cases, establishment of causality relies on repetition of experiments and probabilistic reasoning. Hardly ever is causality established more firmly than as more or less probable. It is often most convenient for establishment of causality if the contrasting material states of affairs are fully comparable, and differ through only one variable factor, perhaps measured by a real number.
    I've given you 4 or 5 different sets of data that all show the exact same pattern: Same average IQ, greater variability.

I've even provided you with one of the theories that provides both a predictive model and a proposed reason for the differences.

none of this correlative sexist garbage that completely fails to establish causality.
    If it was just "correlative sexist garbage" then you'd have posted some form of rebuttal to the evidence (problem with the Study, variables not adequately controlled for etc. etc.)

But.
    You.
    Haven't.

And the more you froth and foam at the mouth screaming "Sexist!", the more you demonstrate you've lost the intellectual debate, by resorting to Ad Hominems.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Womans and mens brains are of course different, but they are equal.
    Oxymoron central around here lately.

anyone who believes that someone should be prejudged on a ability to preform a job as you did with the PM solely based on their sex as you did is wrong. Feel free to judge her performance after having a baby though, at least that way it will appear that you are using actual evidence.
    Mate, I've worked with female fencers, and based on the resulting evidence I'd not hire a female to do that job. And given that it's my money that's paying for the job I'll make whatever choice I please.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Every Pakistani leader has faced corruption allegations
    Lol - fair point.

Note Benazir Bhutto served twice including after the initial corruption allegations
    True, but then she was assassinated, which tends to suggest not everyone was happy with her.

Not one NZ leader on the list you say, but yet 41 males and zero females................ you ignore the math.
    Not at all, I'm saying you are drawing a false conclusion, of the world leaders that committed suicide - none were due to mental health, broadly speaking, all were to avoid further persecution (be it legal, military, etc.)

If you are going to play that game - do I need to reference Cleopatra?

As for the relevance of what you suggest about 100m times and where look above.
    ps quoting star trek FAF
    Except I didn't, I made a crude joke about an assassination - which is not the same thing.

Star Trek is also a bountiful well of knowledge - there are some stellar episodes which explore various philosophical concepts.

We tell stories to explain concepts that we fully don't understand yet.

Bike
    husaberg

Star Trek is also a bountiful well of knowledge - there are some stellar episodes which explore various philosophical concepts.
    That's illogical
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    What you are referring to as a Gender IQ difference is a variation in the min and the max IQ of males.
    which when looks real only if one looks at it without properly understanding, that this variation a greater variation of IQ is easily explained as being a result of the greater variation of body size of the males thus leading to a greater range of IQs.
    Thus it is not believed by most to be a true reflection of an actual gender IQ difference but more a simple anatomical difference.
    That is not to say womans brains are not different to mens and visa versa.
    Mate.

If its caused by an anatomical difference (and FYI I reject that notion) and the anatomical difference is related to gender, you can't say it's not a true reflection of actual gender differences....

Womans and mens brains are of course different, but they are equal.
    Depends on what you mean by 'Equal'? Average IQ wise - yeah, they are equal, but even within that, there are areas that Women tend to excel at (such as language) and there are areas that Men tend to excel at (such as spacial related tasks)

But getting back to your context.
    Anyone who believes that someone should be prejudged on a ability to preform a job as you did with the PM solely based on their sex as you did is wrong. Feel free to judge her performance after having a baby though, at least that way it will appear that you are using actual evidence.
    Except I didn't prejudge her, did I? I never said she couldn't - I pointed to several risks associated with Pregnancy and birth that are born (heh) solely by Women and I pointed to several trends in choices that are 100% applicable to this scenario.

My greater concern was what it means if she does have to take extended time off - namely we get a PM who IMO doesn't have a mandate of the people.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    That's illogical
    Not sure if witty pun or scathing retort...

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post

Mate, I've worked with female fencers, and based on the resulting evidence I'd not hire a female to do that job. And given that it's my money that's paying for the job I'll make whatever choice I please.

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...conflict-.html

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post

Change the word female to black Maori or Arab and see if its a racist statement.
    You got to vote and the Nats didn't get into power.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    husaberg
    Not sure if witty pun or scathing retort...
    Well give it all shes got then.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Well give it all shes got then.
    I cannae change the laws of physics!

Bike
    husaberg

Except I didn't prejudge her, did I? I never said she couldn't - I pointed to several risks associated with Pregnancy and birth that are born (heh) solely by Women and I pointed to several trends in choices that are 100% applicable to this scenario.

My greater concern was what it means if she does have to take extended time off - namely we get a PM who IMO doesn't have a mandate of the people.
    I beg to differ You said she should step down based on her being pregnant.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Change the word female to black Maori or Arab and see if its a racist statement.
    You got to vote and the Nats didn't get into power.
    Some excellent strong & fit female workers around. Some lazy good for nothing white male ones around too. Just saying

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    I beg to differ You said she should step down based on her being pregnant.
    Care to back that up with a Citation?

I've stated on at least 5 different occasions in this thread the complete opposite.

Thread Information