Page 53 of 285 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2017 Election Thread

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    You cannot represent yourself in a civil case. Unless you want to make things worse.
    But you CAN do it - I never said it was a good idea, but it is possible.

I cannot elaborate.
    Hairy Muff.

Pro bono has to be offered. And you have to have enough money to pay for the hour of a lawyer's time at a decent large practice to be able define what your issues are and what legal branches will be required to investigate. You're oversimplifying everything because it suits your flawed logic that people have access to everything you do. They don't.
    Indeed it has to be offered - and I agree I'm simplifying some things - I never said people have the same access to everything I do, only that there is a base level of access that exists for everyone in the west, that doesn't exist for the same strata of people who exist outside of the west.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    We have a government that is made up of people and policies that more than 50% of voters wanted.

So Mmp is still working.

Sour grapes doesn't change the maths...
    And yet again: If Labour, NZ first and teh greens had gone to the poles with whatever policy set they've cobbled together over the last couple of weeks and achieved a majority then you could make that claim.

As it stands, you literally have a government that nobody voted for. It's a farce.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Its MMP... I put this on my Fb page and I'm too lazy to re jig it for here but I hope people will stop all the crazy talk. Its DONE and change is coming. Embrace it...

Well it’s a new day and the sun came up and the trains were still on time. In short not much has changed except of course, one man who has read the water a little better than others now has a greater say than he actually earnt. Even that’s arguable – he saw that the social contract that the voters had with the government had been strained and he took his chance. That’s MMP, it was always going to happen and I have no complaint with it.

I’ve never been a Winston fan – never will be but when he said its time to put a human face on capitalism I think he sold it. Boom – the unspoken elephant in the room.

Its not all Nationals fault. Governments all over the world have been struggling since the global financial crisis bail outs to remake the connection to the social contract. We are all tired and sick of going backwards. We are tired of all the gains going to the very very few, even the bankers that caused the crisis got away scot free and their bonus. Globalisation and neo liberalism has transferred the wealth out of the hands of the very poor and even the normally comfortable middle classes are struggling (not to mention shrinking). The money not spent on mental health and education stifle opportunity and widens the gap and we are sick of it.

Gareth Morgan had his chance BUT smart as he is – he still doesn’t get it. It’s not my generation the robbed the younger ones of the chance to own a house. It’s a toxic mix of global and local conditions rather than a deliberate application of greed. Winston picked up on it and hes ridden that wave right to the shore, well that and Labours and the Greens wiliness to swallow more dead rats than National.

Historically once the social contract is broken and particularly when there is a larger than normal group of younger members of society, the voters usually pick and extreme left or right alternative. The contracts broken so why not smash it completely and rebuild something new. Its what happened with trump, Greece and Brexit. In that light we got off lightly and have a superior solution.

The next 3 years are a great opportunity. Like I said, I’m not a fan of Winston or the new PM for that matter BUT I am excited to see some new ideas and a new direction for NZ because lets face it the old way was going nowhere

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    We are all tired and sick of going backwards. We are tired of all the gains going to the very very few, even the bankers that caused the crisis got away scot free and their bonus. Globalisation and neo liberalism has transferred the wealth out of the hands of the very poor and even the normally comfortable middle classes are struggling (not to mention shrinking). The money not spent on mental health and education stifle opportunity and widens the gap and we are sick of it.
    You're right, there's a bunch of feeling about that shit. Only none of it's actually correct.

Maybe the rampant jealousy is caused by the press, the fact that angst sells coincidentally echoing populist resentment, but it's bullshit nonetheless.

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    You're right, there's a bunch of feeling about that shit. Only none of it's actually correct.

Maybe the rampant jealousy is caused by the press, the fact that angst sells coincidentally echoing populist resentment, but it's bullshit nonetheless.
    It's funny - I will now forever picture you with Mike Hosking's sour face.

https://resources.stuff.co.nz/conten...8461264609.jpg

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Death is the only real right that anyone has..
    The right to choose to die and how is missing. Its not like a switch or video game you can turn on and off and/or have another go.

ok the language is wrong but you get the message I hope.

trying not to derail the thread here

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    FWIW, I thought National seemed quite pleased to have dodged the bullet.
    Now they can kick back and use their knowledge (they have been in control for a while), knowing they don't have to prove anything and still be reasonably popular.

Should be quite interesting for 5 minutes..... and that's when the fight started.

Had Enough of - Winston Already..... boring

a lot of people voted for change for change sake, sometimes the devil you know is the better deal.

Lets see how Labour goes when the work starts and the honeymoon is over.....

always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Yo momma
    ghjtyjrthurjurtu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22688399_1648137938551621_6145048984098538841_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	332977

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    ghjtyjrthurjurtu

]
    Dem grapes taste mighty sour eh! Lucky you're not in NZ U I guess. Me?, I'm fucking chuffed National have been unseated. Good riddance.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    It's funny - I will now forever picture you with Mike Hosking's sour face.

https://resources.stuff.co.nz/conten...8461264609.jpg
    Hey, why not, you're wrong about literally everything else.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post

Fuck you're a clown. She's not there as eye candy, what a retarded thing to say. How 'bout you post a pic of your missus for us to critique?

Lol. anyway, Labour is shit.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Lol. anyway, Labour is shit.
    Lol. anyway, suck it up Princess.

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Lets see how Labour goes when the work starts and the honeymoon is over..... Labour are always willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.
    Fixed that for you.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Lol. anyway, I like eating shit.
    You'll have plenty of time then. Looking forward to the pics.

Bike
    ---2000 Triumph SprintT
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    And yet again: If Labour, NZ first and teh greens had gone to the poles with whatever policy set they've cobbled together over the last couple of weeks and achieved a majority then you could make that claim.

As it stands, you literally have a government that nobody voted for. It's a farce.
    Excellent paraphrasing of my thoughts...well said..but the victory goes to the teams that cobbled together a relay race to beat a solo sprinter.

Thread Information