Page 54 of 285 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2017 Election Thread

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade_nancy View Post
    Excellent paraphrasing of my thoughts...well said..but the victory goes to the teams that cobbled together a relay race to beat a solo sprinter.
    The Aussies summed it up pretty well:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Losers.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	332978  
    “PHEW.....JUST MADE IT............................. UP"

Bike
    It was on the good
    Jeez, they say the English whinge.

Bike
    ---2000 Triumph SprintT
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Jeez, they say the English whinge.
    But only whingers say that..

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post

...have you checked out how their shit is going?...

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...have you checked out how their shit is going?...
    Five diff prime ministers in 5 years hardly makes them winners. But hey... The haters that can't handle the facts can cry all they want.

Bike
    For me, the funny part about it is that JA wasn't even an (elected) MP last year and she is now PM.

No experience, just ideology and her PC shit. I like some of her policies, but she seems to be clueless over how to appropriately fund what she is now committing to implement.

Both WP and JA use statements like 'building affordable housing'. What does that mean to any of you? If the average salary is around $45k per year, presumably $200k is what affordable translates to?

My opinion is that the only saving grace is that she herself recently bought an Auckland house for around $1m, so I am hoping that forcing mortgage interest rates up to 10% is something she would want to avoid, though she won't exactly be on an average wage!

Yes National received a deserved slap in the face from WP, as they have shat on him from a great height (more than once), BUT in my view, he has deceived many of his voters, and taken them down a route he would not ever have voted for. Lucky for him, his career will be over, after this term, and he can retire with satisfaction.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    For me, the funny part about it is that JA wasn't even an MP last year and she is now PM.
    Eh? She came in to Parliament as a list MP in the 2008 election. I think what you mean is, up until this election she did not hold an electorate.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    So then, every other election result then is invalid - cause last election more people didn't vote for National, same with the election before that, When Labour last won an election, more people didn't vote for Labour etc.

I'll ask again - if that is the line of Logic you wish to trot out - how do you explain EVERY MMP election thus far?
    It's quite easy. In the previous three elections National hadn't fucked over every single other support party in their quest to try and do it all themselves. With Labour at 24% their election plan was to destroy everyone else and rule alone. Unfortunately for them, they didn't quite get there and they were left with no mates. That's hubris for you.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Eh? She came in to Parliament as a list MP in the 2008 election. I think what you mean is, up until this election she did not hold an electorate.
    Yes of course. What I meant was, personally receiving votes herself, because I believe that the country did actually voted for her. The result is remarkable and very tough for anyone to say anything other than "good job well done".

As I am sure you will gather, from my duff statement, I'm not a fan of the MMP system and strongly believe that the electorate should decide upon the individuals (including Bill English)

Bike
    Exercycle

As I am sure you will gather, from my duff statement, I'm not a fan of the MMP system and strongly believe that the electorate should decide upon the individuals (including Bill English)
    I am a fan of MMP and maintain that we get a more diverse range of MP's from it - with a wider range of life experience too.
    The putting party leaders on the list thing is unavoidable I suppose. Our local MP was a minister and invisible around the district. In opposition I doubt that will change and she'll probably go list next time. Won't help things here anyway as the local council told her to go back to Wgtn and mind her own business when she got involved in local problems...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I am a fan of MMP and maintain that we get a more diverse range of MP's from it - with a wider range of life experience too.
    The putting party leaders on the list thing is unavoidable I suppose. Our local MP was a minister and invisible around the district. In opposition I doubt that will change and she'll probably go list next time. Won't help things here anyway as the local council told her to go back to Wgtn and mind her own business when she got involved in local problems...
    Well that's fair enough. But I see MMP as a way of giving Political Science graduates a chance to practice their text book idealisms. My son is potentially one of those and totally clueless. Considers himself to be a great thinker

Bike
    Various things
    No experience, just ideology and her PC shit.

Yes National received a deserved slap in the face from WP, as they have shat on him from a great height (more than once), BUT in my view, he has deceived many of his voters, and taken them down a route he would not ever have voted for. Lucky for him, his career will be over, after this term, and he can retire with satisfaction.
    Dude...you prob need to read up a lil more on Jacinda, and her relevant experience eh.

As for Winnie and his party, same again. Do some reading. If you'd bothered to check their website before and during the election, you would've noted that their policies and hopes for the future far better aligned with Labour than National, and in fact, most of their supporters and voters wanted them to go with Labour. Suck it up mate. It's MMP working as it actually should. Giving the smaller parties a say. If it was back to the bad old days of first past the post, those people that didn't like Labour and National, wouldn't bother voting, knowing it was gonna only ever be one or the other. How's that good? This way, if you're a Green person or whatever, it's well worth your time and effort to get out and vote, because you can and will make a difference. And what's wrong with that? The National fans have never had a problem with MMP when they win...now it's the end of the fucking world! What a bunch of bad sport, sad arsed cunts. Again...Suck it up.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade_nancy View Post
    Excellent paraphrasing of my thoughts...well said..but the victory goes to the teams that cobbled together a relay race to beat a solo sprinter.
    When did those Nazi cunts sprint for anything? The fascist clomp of jackboots (and the anguished puffing of Brownlee and Bennett as they try to keep up) is the sound of those fuckers.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Dude...you prob need to read up a lil more on Jacinda, and her relevant experience eh.

As for Winnie and his party, same again. Do some reading. If you'd bothered to check their website before and during the election, you would've noted that their policies, and hopes for the future far better aligned with Labour that National, and in fact, most of their supporterrs, and voters wanted them to go with Labour. Suck it up mate. It's MMP working as it actually should. Giving the smaller parties a say. If it was back to the bad old days of firsp past the post, those people that didn't like Labour and National, wouldn't bother voting, knowing it was gonna only ever be one or the other. How's that good? This way, if you're a Green person or whatever, it's well worth your time and effort to get out and vote, because you can and will make a difference. And what's wrong with that? The National fans have never had a problem with MMP when they win...now it's the end of the fucking world! What a bunch of bad sport, sad arsed cunts. Suck it up.
    I do agree with some of that. I know a number of voters whom have their MP vote to National and their party vote to WP. It's about perspective and that is personal to each and every voter, so there's no right or wrong.

Yes I read about Jacinda and also about Winston. I do believe some of it. Most I don't, due to a serious lack of credentials. But that's just my opinion.

Whether LAB/NZ1/GRN have enough support, to have much impact, remains to be seen. Assuming all of the coalition partners will support the coalition, on every vote, is unwise.

Having to discuss a policy and compromise for differing opinions, before pushing it through, has to be a good thing - IMO.

Bike
    Various things
    Assuming all of the coalition partners will support the coalition, on every vote, is unwise.

Having to discuss a policy and compromise for differing opinions, before pushing it through, has to be a good thing - IMO.
    I'd never assume anything of the sort. And that, is exactly what MMP is all about. So I'm not sure what your prob with the outcome is, other than it's obviously not the one you were hoping for.

Thread Information