Page 84 of 285 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 4262

Thread: The 2017 Election Thread

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post

$200 worth of Vodka is useless to me.
    It might make your arguments and posts a lil better though.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    It might make your arguments and posts a lil better though.
    True....

It would bring them down to a level that you can understand
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Various things
    True....

It would bring them down to a level that you can understand
    Fuck no. Need LSD for that.

Bike
    bandit
    Fuck no. Need LSD for that.

I can't give you green bling twice ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    R6
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    TheDemonLard just loves working conversations around to talking IQs.

Has he told you how he's Mensa material yet?
    Well I can certainly see why our own Crayola Kid would shy from the topic of IQ...

you can't not hire someone on the presumption they are likely to get pregnant in the future
    Seems like kind of the salient point here doesn't it?

So - the Median is about the same - but in all the sample sets the SD for Men was higher - this means at the extremes, the differences get multiplied - often expressed in a graph such as:

This means at the extremes of IQ - the ratio of Men to Women gets massively skewed. If you still think it's fictitious,

As for Elon Musks IQ - Fuck knows - I'd estimate it in the 150-170 range
    I think you'l find our PM is older than 16...

Yeh probably not a solid point to say IQ is why we don't have female Elon Musks when you don't have a fucking clue what his is then...

If that's how you feel, then you can always not reply, yet you do - so there clearly IS something to discuss about it.
    Oh I'm happy to stand up for 'progressive' ideas when some morons are spouting sexist drivel, it's the sexist drivel itself which is not worth discussing.

Bike
    husaberg
    Then the biggest elephant in the room is the distribution curves of IQ between men and women - Women have a much tighter distribution, with Men having a wider distribution (this is in line with greater variability in all traits in Males across all species) - the result is, you don't get many truly stupid women, but you don't get any female Elon Musks
    I would like to point out elon was raised by two seperate single working parents.
    Also his sister
    Tosca Musk is bloody sucessful in her own field.
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    R6
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post

I would like to point out elon was raised by two seperate single working parents.
    Also his sister
    Tosca Musk is bloody sucessful in her own field.
    You also have to wonder which is the cause, and which is the symptom. With backwards thinking bigots still being commonplace even now, and far more common 20-30 years ago, have women simply not been given as many opportunities as men?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystone View Post
    You also have to wonder which is the cause, and which is the symptom. With backwards thinking bigots still being commonplace even now, and far more common 20-30 years ago, have women simply not been given as many opportunities as men?
    No idea but Those kids certainly all inherited some pretty special genetics from both parents his mum for instance as well completing two masters degrees raising some sprogs was a former miss south africa and international model. (still is i think)
    Their father also had different times had sole custody of some of the children as well, yet they managed to do their own jobs.
    I think he was an engineer.
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Well I can certainly see why our own Crayola Kid would shy from the topic of IQ...
    Smirk

Seems like kind of the salient point here doesn't it?
    Except for one small detail - this isn't an employer-employee relationship. One of the great advances in Western civilization was the notion that a Leader is accountable to the people. This principal supersedes that of pure employment law.

And should she renege on some of her promises (and one could argue, she already has) then she has betrayed that trust from the people.

I think you'l find our PM is older than 16...
    And? You know that IQ hits it's peak around the 20-30 region, then starts to decrease right? It's the reason why most people have their biggest creative outputs in their Twenties (think of Music, Business, Science etc.)

Yeh probably not a solid point to say IQ is why we don't have female Elon Musks when you don't have a fucking clue what his is then...
    By their fruits ye shall know them.

Einstein, Darwin, Newton, Hawking, Voltaire, Faraday, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Oppenheimer, Turing, Babel, Bernies-lee, Torvald, Stevenson, Whittle, Mercedes, Ford, Wright, Gates, Jobs, Page, Wozniak, Brunel, Ibn al-Haytham, Galileo, Da Vinci, Van Gough, Monet, Manet, Picasso, Faraday, Flemming, Nietzsche, Jung, Marx, Maxim, Mauser, Kalashnikov, Garand, Browning, Stoner, Fender, Marshall, Jenner, Pasteur etc. etc.

That's just off the top of my head.

Everyone of those people have permanently shaped Humanities existence, some we know definitively what their IQ was, others, we've got estimates - but curiously enough, they all share a common trait.

Not only that - the IQ difference between Men and Women has been repeated several times, and each time - the study shows that the Median IQ is the same for both Men and Women, but men have a much wider SD.

Oh I'm happy to stand up for 'progressive' ideas when some morons are spouting sexist drivel, it's the sexist drivel itself which is not worth discussing.
    I've got no problem with Progressive ideas - my issue is when people ignore reality in favour of idealism. Let me put it another way - Biology is Sexist - is that not worth discussing?

Bike
    Various things

- Biology is Sexist -
    No it's not. What a fuckwit.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    No it's not. What a fuckwit.
    Why do you think it isn't?

A quick glance at Evolutionary biology will tell you that Biology is probably the single most sexist thing there is (hell, it's why we have 2 distinct Sexes).

Bike
    bandit

- it's Scotland - all the bright ones left and came here .
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    R6
    And? You know that IQ hits it's peak around the 20-30 region, then starts to decrease right? It's the reason why most people have their biggest creative outputs in their Twenties (think of Music, Business, Science etc.)

By their fruits ye shall know them.

Einstein, Darwin, Newton, Hawking, Voltaire, Faraday, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Oppenheimer, Turing, Babel, Bernies-lee, Torvald, Stevenson, Whittle, Mercedes, Ford, Wright, Gates, Jobs, Page, Wozniak, Brunel, Ibn al-Haytham, Galileo, Da Vinci, Van Gough, Monet, Manet, Picasso, Faraday, Flemming, Nietzsche, Jung, Marx, Maxim, Mauser, Kalashnikov, Garand, Browning, Stoner, Fender, Marshall, Jenner, Pasteur etc. etc.

That's just off the top of my head.

Everyone of those people have permanently shaped Humanities existence, some we know definitively what their IQ was, others, we've got estimates - but curiously enough, they all share a common trait.

Not only that - the IQ difference between Men and Women has been repeated several times, and each time - the study shows that the Median IQ is the same for both Men and Women, but men have a much wider SD.

I've got no problem with Progressive ideas - my issue is when people ignore reality in favour of idealism. Let me put it another way - Biology is Sexist - is that not worth discussing?
    The study you linked topped out at 16 year olds.

For that list of names, go through and delete any names that occurred when men had an unfair advantage over women in terms of education prejudices, then lets see how many are left.

The notion that you continually miss, is that people who are bigots, characterise a group of people based on their averages. People who are not bigots, don't do that. We don't know biology is the reason for the near imperceptible differences in IQ, so why do you say biology is sexist? it can't be, it's not a thing that can pass judgment.

Bonus bigotry round: Why is US graduating awarding 60% of master's degrees to women? and 53% of the doctorates? Is it because they are low IQ pursuits best suited for those hormonal baby factories?

Bike
    Various things
    so why do you say biology is sexist? it can't be, it's not a thing that can pass judgement.
    Because he loves to try and come across as intelligent, and thought provoking. When what he actually needs to read, is this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	penis.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	334902 Remember these wise words, oh Great Tossbag. Put that lil willy down for a min.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    The study you linked topped out at 16 year olds.
    Yes.... Do you think that magically on someones 17th Birthday that suddenly the stats flip? Bearing in mind I linked 2 studies - both reaching the same conclusion, with different population groups.

For that list of names, go through and delete any names that occurred when men had an unfair advantage over women in terms of education prejudices, then lets see how many are left.
    Most of them where either self taught, child prodigies or in the 20th century. Just look at the IT industry - that has existed in it's entirety after Women had the Vote, Equal Pay act and the benefits of the Activism from the 1960s-1970s - All of the major companies and innovations - all founded by Men.

If your implied premise was correct, surely we should have seen some of these companies founded by Women, yet off the top of my head, I can't think of any.

Then you have the second problem - that throughout history, there has been exceptional Females, like Grace Hopper or Ada Lovelace or Agatha Christie or Mary Shelley - who manage to succeed during those times of "unfair advantage over women" - so if they could do it....

The notion that you continually miss, is that people who are bigots, characterise a group of people based on their averages. People who are not bigots, don't do that.
    I disagree, a bigot is someone who says that an individual of the group MUST exhibit the traits of said group. I've never said that. Perhaps a different tack: If I said that the ratio of people over 6 ft tall was heavily skewed in favour of Men vs Women - Would you call me a bigot still? You could, but it's an observable difference between the Genders, yet say that there is a similar variability at the extremes for IQ and suddenly it's all "Sexist Bigot" - despite a number of studies showing this to be the case.

We don't know biology is the reason for the near imperceptible differences in IQ, so why do you say biology is sexist? it can't be, it's not a thing that can pass judgment.
    It's not imperceptible if we can measure it.... As for Biology - well, we also know that IQ is something like 80% hereditary, so that would be Biology, We also know that variability for any given trait is much greater in Men than in Women - this extends across multiple species.

As for biology being sexist:

One group gets: 50% extra Muscle Mass, Height advantage, Reach advantage, denser bones, larger adrenal glands, more direct neural pathways, better spatial awareness, better emotional regulation/stability, and a greater chance of being a genius.

The other gets: Periods, more susceptible to Negative Emotion, Pregnancy, a shorter time period to sort their affairs in order.

Bonus bigotry round: Why is US graduating awarding 60% of master's degrees to women? and 53% of the doctorates? Is it because they are low IQ pursuits best suited for those hormonal baby factories?
    That's a very interesting discussion - there are a multitude of suggested theories including:

- Affirmative action programs for Women
    - Educational shifts in favour of Women*
    - A huge increase in activist/female centric courses
    - Universities becoming bastions of Political Correctness

* It's been theorised that a move away from traditional testing at the end of the year (with a single correct answer - where boys tend to perform better) to more micro-assessment (where Girls tend to perform better), a move to integrated schools away from single sex schools (where Boys tend to perform better), Expectations of Feminine behavior being placed on boys (having to sit still and quietly for long periods of time) and finally the drop in Male teachers.

I don't know how accurate those are - however in the Hard Science and Engineering courses, Men are still dominating, and there has been an observed correlation between courses that have a strong focus on Political correctness/radical left bias and a higher proportion of Women in those courses .

Thread Information