Thread: A different kind of bike project.

Bike
    ZX6R, KLR, VL250, Tiger800

A different kind of bike project.

A while back, prior to my first NZ track day, I had a quick scout around my game collection to see if, by some bizarre twist of fate, Pukekohe might feature as a playable track and give me a chance to have a virtual bash at giving it the beans for a few laps.

Not unsurprising, it wasn't featured, but what did surprise me was I couldn't find any representation of any NZ track anywhere. So with recent weather keeping me off the bike and out of the drafty shed, I guessed I'd have a go at making the game myself.

Here is a clip of the first track... The freebie audio samples I'm using are pretty poor, so you might want to turn your audio down first

Jeez...YouTube video compression is the worst.

Still early days, so it's pretty rough.

The top down view of the track was easy enough to come by, but for the elevations I had to rely on memory as there seems to be no publicly available topo or lidar data available that is of usable resolution. I also didn't make it look like the actual track as I'd need to go out and do a photo survey etc... which I'd like to do at a later stage for all the motorparks.

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Awesome! Well done that man!

Looks really good - it's a shame you can't have the background as the actual Puke Track, but still - very good.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    That's hilarious, love the extra nature! Well done! You should do coro loop next, complete with other bikers, campervans and livestock where appropriate!
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemonLord View Post
    Awesome! Well done that man!

Looks really good - it's a shame you can't have the background as the actual Puke Track, but still - very good.
    Thanks!

Ideally, I'd like to have it look like the actual track. Now that I have a demo track going I can fire off a few emails to various track management co's, see if any are happy for me pop around and do a site survey, as well as having their track used in a free-to-play game.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    That's hilarious, love the extra nature! Well done! You should do coro loop next, complete with other bikers, campervans and livestock where appropriate!
    Great idea, but maybe I'll give the livestock a miss ... although erratic drivers are a perfect match for my wonky AI programming.

If anyone has any suggestions for their favorite roads or a section of those roads about 5km should do it. I'm also keen on attempting a dirt bike section, but I guess that'll have to wait a while.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosifer View Post
    Great idea, but maybe I'll give the livestock a miss ... although erratic drivers are a perfect match for my wonky AI programming.

If anyone has any suggestions for their favorite roads or a section of those roads about 5km should do it. I'm also keen on attempting a dirt bike section, but I guess that'll have to wait a while.
    Mangamuka TT?
    Manopausal.

Thread Information