Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another piece of Kiwiana down the drain

Bike
    Yo momma

Another piece of Kiwiana down the drain

What the hell happened to milk bottles?
    For my 50th birthday a few rellies came over and of course I put in a few requests including an old favorite milk bottles. Well buggar me what I got was some marshmallow like overly sweet crap in a Pascalls bag (incorrectly) labelled Milk Bottles. When the fuck did this happen? I was in UnZud just 3 years ago and all was fine! Which cunt fucked with this vital bit of Kiwiana?????

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    For my 50th birthday a few rellies came over and of course I put in a few requests including an old favorite milk bottles. Well buggar me what I got was some marshmallow like overly sweet crap in a Pascalls bag (incorrectly) labelled Milk Bottles. When the fuck did this happen? I was in UnZud just 3 years ago and all was fine! Which cunt fucked with this vital bit of Kiwiana?????
    Not sure. But there were (are) indeed cunts.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Crikey, you're easily pleased. I'm hinting at a MotoGP paddock chair for my upcoming hump day. And a brace of nubile's.

Sorry, can't help with the milk bottles. Wine gums and midget gems have gone the same way if it's any consolation, all sugar, no chew.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Have a read: Pascalls

BTW, happy 50th young fella!

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    You can still get good Milk Bottle lollies. Mind you there are also knock-off plastic tasting ones out there. Bit like boobs really - good ones are still out there but there are a lot of fakes in the market.

Bike
    raptor 1000
    first world problems eh

Bike
    Sold
    Post on Twitter - Donald might add it to his list of "things to do". (or things to do not!)

Bike
    Exercycle
    My wife - the talkback expert - tells me that there was a discussion about just this question the other night. Don't know if it was a friend of yours started it jason...
    Apparently there are 5 brands on the NZ market. The ones bought from the bulk bins are said to be the closest to the OE version...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    When the international corporations move in its all about increasing profit, and the quality usually nose dives. Cadbury got bought by Kraft IIRC and replaced chocolate with cardboard then also with palm oil. Until they got caught. Now an even bigger US corporation has taken over and the quality does another dive. Pineapple lumps, Minties, milk bottles, they are all crap now. Guess we have to stick with Whittakers for the time being.

I hope the OPs birthay wasn't ruined. And we can't blame Trump.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    When the international corporations move in its all about increasing profit, and the quality usually nose dives. Cadbury got bought by Kraft IIRC and replaced chocolate with cardboard then also with palm oil. Until they got caught. Now an even bigger US corporation has taken over and the quality does another dive. Pineapple lumps, Minties, milk bottles, they are all crap now. Guess we have to stick with Whittakers for the time being.

I also got some pineapple lumps and they are as I remember them. I have stashed the peanut slabs.....
    Birthday was great with NZ and USA family and friends. Best couple of weeks I can remember.

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Tried them once.
    The glass really cut my mouth up.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by tri boy View Post
    Tried them once.
    The glass really cut my mouth up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az83wgx3dwg

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing

not quite correct, cadburys got bought by mondolez who also own the kraft brand of which the most famous product in EN Zud is the vegemite, now the ausies have taken the vegemite back cause it was bassically no use to mondolez and didn't fit with their dairy queen brand,
    pascals has gone to the dogs as has cadburys chocolate, I mean why the fuck does chocolate have to have Oreos in it and now that they have properly (or about to) screwed the kiwis in favour of bigger profits for the parent company then they can now get f**ked, i no longer buy cadburys or pascals, i will make sure they go broke by my protest.

support kiwi made, buy whittickers and rainbow

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries

Surely this will make em see how evil these companies are......

Sent from my BGO-DL09 using Tapatalk
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Yo momma

Just for you mate.
    I was threatened with being set on fire and punched in the mouth.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3441.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	778.7 KB 
ID:	331922

Thread Information