Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is considered high KMs for a bike?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Not like you're gonna find too many GSX-R1000's that have 100k plus on the odo,
    I think Onearmbandit has 2 over 100ks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    I think Onearmbandit has 2 over 100ks.
    It's a percentage game though, for I'd venture there's more sport tourers with serious clicks than litre sporty's.

I always find it funny looking at Tardme ad and seeing a sporty that's covered barely 2 thousand clicks per year yet has been farkled up to the nines...but only worn out one set of tyres

Bike
    '09 Bandit 1250s
    Check out the Ks on some utes. Blokes loooove saying "Me ol' Hilux will go forever! Barely run in, only 400,000km". Read further down the ad... "has just had new injectors and a new head 200,000km ago. Bottom end was rebuilt 100,000km ago and the ecu is off a later model Hilux"... so it's not really reliable and you've spent thousands rebuilding and replacing the running gear?

With utes 400,000km isn't rare, because people still shell out stupid money for them. With motorbikes, the only reason you wouldn't do the same is it's just cheaper to buy a new (second hand) bike with lower ks, than to repair and replace major conponents

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    I often take into consideration how long the seller has owned the bike-if for several years,you could almost guarantee that servicing has been done correctly.I have a mate in Oz that bought a CX500 new way back when and has serviced it himself (easy on a CX),he has put one set of rings in it,usual valve stuff and 4 camchains-the bike runs like a Swiss watch-his current mileage is 292,000Kms
    The joys of owning a bullet proof and easily maintained bike.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Met a guy today on a Blackbird 1100xx who has done more than 300,000km from new and the only thing done has been the radiator. The motor has not been opened he said. Pretty good! I took a photo with my cell phone but don't know how to upload it to here so, meh...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Thread Information