Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you know what happened to your old bikes

Bike
    bike sold :-(

Do you know what happened to your old bikes

have you ever wondered what happened to your pride and joy after you sold it.

for once I have found out, was doing a random google search on 1999 CBR600's and what popped up but my old bike up for sale being broken up for parts. I know it's my old bike as i can just make out the rego plate number on the rego sticker and it's the right rego number. I bought this brand new put 85000km on it in 4 years and I have to admit that it was one of my favorite bikes. it doesn't look so flash anymore, it was still cosmetically mint when I sold it. looks like the following 13 years haven't been so kind to it. does anyone else wonder what happen to there old bikes?

The photo says it all, a sorry state it's in now not the brand new bike I remember buying.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my old cbr600.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	683.4 KB 
ID:	331991

Bike
    2020 DL 1050 Vstrom RO
    One bike I would be interested in following up was a Kwaka ZX750 turbo. At the time I sold it there were supposedly only 6 known to exist out of 23 brought into NZ. I met 3 of them, plus mine makes 4 I knew of.

Mine was sold to Andrew Stroud. Rumours are it went overseas back to Japan, just not sure.

If you read this Stroudy, where did it go matey?

Bike
    Enfield cr250r
    Blog Entries
    Crashed and wrote them off , blew up a few but never sold any ..

Sent from my BGO-DL09 using Tapatalk
    "Look, Madame, where we live, look how we live ... look at the life we have...The Republic has forgotten us."

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner spinner View Post
    have you ever wondered what happened to your pride and joy after you sold it.

for once I have found out, was doing a random google search on 1999 CBR600's and what popped up but my old bike up for sale being broken up for parts. I know it's my old bike as i can just make out the rego plate number on the rego sticker and it's the right rego number. I bought this brand new put 85000km on it in 4 years and I have to admit that it was one of my favorite bikes. it doesn't look so flash anymore, it was still cosmetically mint when I sold it. looks like the following 13 years haven't been so kind to it. does anyone else wonder what happen to there old bikes?

The photo says it all, a sorry state it's in now not the brand new bike I remember buying.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my old cbr600.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	683.4 KB 
ID:	331991
    Easy resto?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    bike sold :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by oldiebutagoody View Post
    One bike I would be interested in following up was a Kwaka ZX750 turbo. At the time I sold it there were supposedly only 6 known to exist out of 23 brought into NZ. I met 3 of them, plus mine makes 4 I knew of.

Mine was sold to Andrew Stroud. Rumours are it went overseas back to Japan, just not sure.

If you read this Stroudy, where did it go matey?

I also had a turbo bike in the 80's a Suzuki XN85. Always thought I would stumble across that some where but they all seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. Have been told that only 15 XN's where bought in to NZ by a friend who use to run a Suzuki dealership in the 80's, can't be may left of the original 15 if his figures are right.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    I sold my VZF600 in 2005 to a Cop in Dargaville who then moved to the Hutt Valley and I know where the 1250fa went to in 2014, but haven't seen any of my previous bike ever again.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Saw a Ducati 900ssie on a Distinguished Gentlemans ride so years after I sold it, looked the same and same owner.

A Ducati 600 I bought as a semi runner off a mate and sold ended up on Turners $1 crashed auctions.

I do wonder some times where my 1972 Honda 500/4 is, my R75/5 that I bought in 1985 is in boxes and so is the T110 from

1990. I need new ice cream containers as they are going brittle now.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    The GT550 went to a wrecker in Dunedin's North East Valley

I think the Laverda ended up going offshore

I traded the Notrun on the MHR

Sold the XL600 to a railway worker in Invergumboot

And the MHR is in my garage
    =mjc=

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather not know. I've always been particular about keep mine looking mint. Once traded/sold they go to shit.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...my first bike was T250 Hustler, high pipe model...only a handful made it into NZ was the story with that model...mine came from the Stu Avant camp and was probably one of the fastest T250's anywhere...I was 15 and very dumb and couldn't ride for shit...it very nearly stopped any further progress to my remaining a living organism on a few occasions...I saw some kind of sense in the advice in getting rid of it...it now haunts me, that decision but at the time as it was being loaded onto a trailer and I was balancing on crutches watching, it seemed the sensible thing to do...there is a lot of shit talked about that bike still...both early owners, Stu and myself wish we had never got rid of it...we talked of it at the Southern Classic last December...and recently I saw a little B25 Triumph Blazer that I owned about twenty or thirty years back on Trademe...it still looked as nice as the day I swapped it for a Bedford TK with a 30 foot trailer...

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner spinner View Post
    I also had a turbo bike in the 80's a Suzuki XN85. Always thought I would stumble across that some where but they all seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. Have been told that only 15 XN's where bought in to NZ by a friend who use to run a Suzuki dealership in the 80's, can't be may left of the original 15 if his figures are right.
    There's still one in existence at least, belongs to a kb member....
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    they're all in various piles out the back with the other fucked shit.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    How my first bike sat about seven years ago at a friends place. 1983 XL200R

Bike
    Exercycle
    The Norton/BSA which was based on one of Len Perry's IOM longstroke Manxes is apparently again a longstroke Manx and never comes out...
    The '59 500 manx I had which had won 4 NZGP's I believe was parted out after it was discovered it had a cracked crankcase...
    The green T350 which was the first in ChCh and raced very successfully I traded in and never saw again...
    The blue drum brake mach 3 has disappeared - traded in again. If anyone has one with a piece of square tube welded onto the steering head (a fairing mount) and is suspiciously quick, could be mine.
    The homebuilt TR3/R5 rolling chassis went to Warren Guy for a 250 project and was never seen again. The hot motor went into another chassis and got sold as a road bike..Again if someone's got a bloody quick R5 with big carbs....

Jeez, that's enough maudlin memories.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Sold my Laverda to a guy in Taranaki area (I think?) and he had it on TM once but I think it didn't sell for what he wanted for it, but it was still mint...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Thread Information