Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tis been a while... not sure where all the years went

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR

Tis been a while... not sure where all the years went

After over 10 years (10 years and 3 months), managed to still remember my log in details.

What have I been up to since the old CRM250 busted and started it's long sad journey of sittting in bits in the garage? Working, seeing the kids become teenagers, marriage, divorce, more work, girlfriend, travel, more work, getting older, somehow never managing to either fix my baby or buy a new one.

This year I retrieved the CRM (or bits there of) from the ex's garage and took them to a Mechanic mate to see what if anything can be done with them.

So what brings me back? Turning the big 40 this year and with the encouragement of my lovely GF (any woman who calls you at work and says "skip work this afternoon so we can go bike shopping" is a keeper) I've pulled the trigger on a brand spanking new 2017 Yamaha R3. Hopefully will have my leg over by next weekend.

Will be good to see who's still lurking around here.
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur View Post
    After over 10 years (10 years and 3 months), managed to still remember my log in details.

What have I been up to since the old CRM250 busted and started it's long sad journey of sittting in bits in the garage? Working, seeing the kids become teenagers, marriage, divorce, more work, girlfriend, travel, more work, getting older, somehow never managing to either fix my baby or buy a new one.

This year I retrieved the CRM (or bits there of) from the ex's garage and took them to a Mechanic mate to see what if anything can be done with them.

So what brings me back? Turning the big 40 this year and with the encouragement of my lovely GF (any woman who calls you at work and says "skip work this afternoon so we can go bike shopping" is a keeper) I've pulled the trigger on a brand spanking new 2017 Yamaha R3. Hopefully will have my leg over by next weekend.

Cripes, "slower than Ixion"Now thats saying somehting. Welcome home. Good choice of bike and lady friend I'd say.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    After over 10 years . . . . . . . . . . . .
    (any woman who calls you at work and says "skip work this afternoon so we can go bike shopping" is a keeper.
    at least those ten years werent wasted if you finally found a woman who knows what's really important.

welcome back

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    at least those ten years werent wasted if you finally found a woman who knows what's really important.

welcome back
    Haha too right, and she's Thai so she can probably fit on the back of the R3 too.

Bike
    Its a Boat

I never skipped work to go bike shopping (I always finished early ) and it happened three years in a row on or around my birthday, never organised that way, it was just pure coincidence. My wife was so encouraging ''if you must'' was translated into ''go on you know you want to''. Anyhow I sold the last bike I owned a short while ago, no time to ride anymore with our work commitments, we're working 40 (14 hour) days straight at the moment, then we'll take five days off, but all we want to then is nothing. So work will be like that for next however long. We''ll buy another bike at some stage just wont wait 10 years to do so...fingers crossed.

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    I never skipped work to go bike shopping (I always finished early ) and it happened three years in a row on or around my birthday, never organised that way, it was just pure coincidence. My wife was so encouraging ''if you must'' was translated into ''go on you know you want to''. Anyhow I sold the last bike I owned a short while ago, no time to ride anymore with our work commitments, we're working 40 (14 hour) days straight at the moment, then we'll take five days off, but all we want to then is nothing. So work will be like that for next however long. We''ll buy another bike at some stage just wont wait 10 years to do so...fingers crossed.
    It's always a shame when life gets in the way of riding. Hopefully it's a brief break.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Its a Boat
    I am sure it will be, I never assumed that riding a motorcycle would be a finite situation.

Bike
    WR250R DR650 Transalp650
    After over 10 years ....a brand spanking new 2017 Yamaha R3. .....

Long time, big change of pace for your riding.
    I'm still lurking but of course more so in the dirty Adventure section.
    Facebook has all but killed forums.
    Welcome back.
    www.remotemoto.com - a serious site for serious ADV riders, the ultimate resource in the making.
    Check out my videos on Youtube including... the 2011 Dusty Butt 1K - Awakino Challenge and others.

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by Transalper View Post
    Long time, big change of pace for your riding.
    I'm still lurking but of course more so in the dirty Adventure section.
    Facebook has all but killed forums.
    Welcome back.
    Good stuff. Glad to see some things don't change.

Bike
    CB1300
    Welcome back GL.

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Welcome back GL.
    Thanks Big Dog. Might not be the quickest but I get there in the end. Much like my riding. Haha

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    Haha too right, and she's Thai so she can probably fit on the back of the R3 too.
    Never mind all that: Can she cook?

Thai ladies can usually do amazing things with fresh fish

Oh... and welcome back

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Never mind all that: Can she cook?

Thai ladies can usually do amazing things with fresh fish

Oh... and welcome back
    As she's a chef I'd say the answer is yes, yes she can cook.

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Picked up my baby this morning. Nursed her to work, then brought her home. ODO still in single figures.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Hey man, good to see you back on bikes and back here.

A number of us have taken breaks from KB and come back. Being a moderator killed KB for me, and I took a fair break too. Didn't stop riding but.

I now have a motorcycle mad 18 year old (he was a four year old when I first joined KB) who's well into his second year of riding, and having all sorts of fun. He's on here too (Pediigru). He's happily riding a Hyosung GT250 (and sneaking a ride on my Aprilia when he can get away with it).

Good to see there's still a heap of the guys I got on well with all those years ago (and some of the dickheads I didn't) still here too.

What I do like about forums as opposed to Facebook is how much easier it is to find old information.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Thread Information