Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMW 2008 R1200GS question ?

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Yeup! (and still is me)
    That was an awesome ride! last MMMM I did 5 of us came off on a patch of black ice so haven't done another winter version but we did do a Summer run from the Napier Taupo to the lake.

Distinctly remember seeing your Beama and thinking it was pretty sorted! even took another shot of it
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0769.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	849.6 KB 
ID:	332155
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    KTM530EXC
    I have a 1999 1150GS and my automatic boot sensor never fails. Just ... kick the tyre before you ride. My arse sensor comes into play to detect on the run deflations of the rear tyre, and my heart sensor is always at hand to indicate front tyre deflations.
    "May all your traffic lights be green and none of your curves have oncoming semis in them." Rocky, American Biker.
    "Those that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, 18th C.

Bike
    94 & 98 BMW GS1100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bams View Post
    Hi All
    I went for a ride today and noticed no tyre pressure reading on dash, Yellow light ! on dash lit up, RDC and the flat tyre icon on.
    My best guess is tyre sensor battery gone. (after doing some reading)
    My question is if one sensor goes flat first they both indicate flat and show no reading back and front ? or has anyone had a different experience.
    I would have thought that when one sensor goes flat you would see one tyre pressure ready ok and the one reading nothing.
    I think it stopped working mid ride as I never notice anything until an hr into the ride.
    I'm just wondering if I have a deeper problem than tyre sensors. Seems a great hassle to remove tyres and replace sensors to fined out a reboot would have done it.
    Interested in others experiences with this issue.
    I think you might be on the wrong forum for this question there has been a lot of discussion on the tyre pressure sensors try a serch
    Here

Thread Information