Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The holy grail - or graily hole, whichever you prefer

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Reckon my hearing is too stuffed up with motorcycling over the years to appreciate really good expensive audio gear.

...my son is an audio, sound engineer and while he was still at home built an amazing system for the house, three zones, studio Bose speakers inside, other fancy shit outside, a wifi system for his mothers workshop, same for my workshop...it's all forty years too late for me...I occasionally turn it up and scare the spiders out of the house and fuck off the neighbours and show it off to the odd mate...two minutes and it's too much for me...

Bike
    Exercycle
    Personally, I doubt anyone's ever offered for commercial sale anything better than these. One has recently caused a stir as a barn find in the USA so they're still around...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SFC.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	332250  

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Personally, I doubt anyone's ever offered for commercial sale anything better than these. One has recently caused a stir as a barn find in the USA so they're still around...
    pretty sexy beast....rocking horse poo though no wonder the barn find in the US stirred things up.
    A 500 Montjuic would be just as nice to find too being a bit more raw edged and anti-social

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    pretty sexy beast....rocking horse poo though no wonder the barn find in the US stirred things up.
    A 500 Montjuic would be just as nice to find too being a bit more raw edged and anti-social
    I know of a Monty in ChCh - though the owner has robbed the Brembos off it for his special...

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post

What does McIntosh mean?

Soft lollies you can buy in packets .. I like the yellow ones.
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    so I am looking at tardme. So far so usual. Then I realise there isnt one bike that I look at that I dont go :Yeah, so if I buy that I have to budget $1000 for Robert Taylor to look at the forks, $2000 for a new rear shock, I dont like those handlebars/that seat/those tyres, whatever.

So what I want from you, the imaginary voices in my head, is a link to the one bike for sale (anywhere in the world) that you go "Yup, that is perfect and I wouldnt have to change anything". And I will ridicule your choice because, well, because.

My entry so far is one of these:

https://egli-vincent.net/4-sale/

though I am not sure how practical it might be for going down the shops for some fush n chups.

Ye're dreaming .. I doubt there is any bike out there that a rider would not want to change in some ways. I've always changed something - on every bike I've owned.
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I could only find this Pic but the german importer Witt made up these with a Harris frame and body work that was pretty much similar to a harris F2 Ducati
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sfc600_750.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	332267
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/55912719@N00/34154849622
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Egg and Cream or Harrogate?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I could only find this Pic but the german importer Witt made up these with a Harris frame and body work that was pretty much similar to a harris F2 Ducati
    The real thing is sitting right beside it
    I'd bet those harris framed ones are using hotted up Alpina engines Actually I'm sure I've seen a small article on them in one of the earlier Streetbike mags

Bike
    husaberg
    The real thing is sitting right beside it
    I'd bet those harris framed ones are using hotted up Alpina engines Actually I'm sure I've seen a small article on them in one of the earlier Streetbike mags
    The real thing is in the background were it belongs............
    Yip re streetbike that where i had seen them also it was part of a write up on Witt with his fuel injection and ignition kits for the Jotas.
    they were Sfc600's i think he was going to build more but Laverda were to sick to supply the engines.
    http://www.laverda-gemeinschaft-deut...a-sfc-600.html
    http://www.laverda-gemeinschaft-deut...rad26-1986.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Egg and Cream or Harrogate?
    Either - BOTH

Thread Information