Thread: What's the exhaust interface size for CBR 300r 2016?

Bike
    CBR 300R

What's the exhaust interface size for CBR 300r 2016?

Sup,

Does anyone knows what is the Exhaust Diameter of 300R 2016 model? (i know its noobi ques )

Looking to add some aftermarket exhaust (custom one) but they had mention that in ad that "it is only suitable for the interface size 38 mm to 51 mm" so really don't want to buy and find out that it does not fit

Thanks.....

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...just found this and I can't use a computer for shit...

The output of the DanMoto header will not fit the Yoshi midpipe. DanMoto kind of went rogue and made their pipes .5-1mm off what the usual standards are. However, there is this company in England that will custom make any size adapter pipe for you for about $18 usd shipped.
    For example, if you need an I.D. of 38mm and an O.D. of 50.8 they will make you a pipe that is 100mm long with the correct diameters on each end and it will even have the 'slits' on the end for proper tightening. It is 1 continuous pipe. It is not 2 pipes welded together, just 1 solid pipe. You can choose 1 end with slits, both with slits, or no slits at all. They do very good work and cheap!
    OR you can put a reducer pipe in which looks like a cone. One end would be 50mm and it gradually decreases to about 32mm. If you did this then you would have to weld the 2 spring clips to the aftermarket header and the corresponding end of the midpipe. The cone would go in between these 2 with 2 springs pulling the midpipe and header together

ExhaustParksUK
    Custom made link pipe
    http://exhaustpartsuk.com/index.php?...oducts_id=3218

Cones & Reducers
    http://exhaustpartsuk.com/index.php?...dex&cPath=1234

Is the Yoshi exhaust on now? Are you experiencing popping/backfires? If you just have the Yoshi slip-on you shouldn't need a FC although you would like it a lot. If you add a custom header to it then yah chances are you'll need the FC. All of the aftermarket headers I have seen are a larger diameter than the stock pipe which gives you less backpressure. I've noticed the 300 is very sensitive when it comes to aftermarket headers not so much with slip-ons though
    After adding an aftermarket header that is of a larger internal diameter you are going to lose some backpressure. Because of this you will feel a loss of torque in your mid rpm range. Another reason an FC comes in handy. I've installed a lot of exhausts on my 300. My current header is 42mm I.D. and halfway down it opens up to 50mm with a final exit at the muffler of 80mm. I lost quite a bit of torque so I installed lower gears to get some of that umf back.
    Oh and if you have the Yoshi slip-on and add the K&N then Yah (imo) you'll need a FC. If you have the Yoshi, an aftermarket header, and then add the K&N you'll definitely need the FC

Bike
    CBR 300R
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...just found this and I can't use a computer for shit...

The output of the DanMoto header will not fit the Yoshi midpipe. DanMoto kind of went rogue and made their pipes .5-1mm off what the usual standards are. However, there is this company in England that will custom make any size adapter pipe for you for about $18 usd shipped.
    For example, if you need an I.D. of 38mm and an O.D. of 50.8 they will make you a pipe that is 100mm long with the correct diameters on each end and it will even have the 'slits' on the end for proper tightening. It is 1 continuous pipe. It is not 2 pipes welded together, just 1 solid pipe. You can choose 1 end with slits, both with slits, or no slits at all. They do very good work and cheap!
    OR you can put a reducer pipe in which looks like a cone. One end would be 50mm and it gradually decreases to about 32mm. If you did this then you would have to weld the 2 spring clips to the aftermarket header and the corresponding end of the midpipe. The cone would go in between these 2 with 2 springs pulling the midpipe and header together

ExhaustParksUK
    Custom made link pipe
    http://exhaustpartsuk.com/index.php?...oducts_id=3218

Cones & Reducers
    http://exhaustpartsuk.com/index.php?...dex&cPath=1234

Is the Yoshi exhaust on now? Are you experiencing popping/backfires? If you just have the Yoshi slip-on you shouldn't need a FC although you would like it a lot. If you add a custom header to it then yah chances are you'll need the FC. All of the aftermarket headers I have seen are a larger diameter than the stock pipe which gives you less backpressure. I've noticed the 300 is very sensitive when it comes to aftermarket headers not so much with slip-ons though
    After adding an aftermarket header that is of a larger internal diameter you are going to lose some backpressure. Because of this you will feel a loss of torque in your mid rpm range. Another reason an FC comes in handy. I've installed a lot of exhausts on my 300. My current header is 42mm I.D. and halfway down it opens up to 50mm with a final exit at the muffler of 80mm. I lost quite a bit of torque so I installed lower gears to get some of that umf back.
    Oh and if you have the Yoshi slip-on and add the K&N then Yah (imo) you'll need a FC. If you have the Yoshi, an aftermarket header, and then add the K&N you'll definitely need the FC

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by shah757 View Post
    Legend
    ...I was honestly being a sarcastic old cunt...

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    ...I was honestly being a sarcastic old cunt...
    you're not old dude!

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    you're not old dude!
    ...I've far outlived the numbers that were ahead of me and estimated demise time...I'm designating 60 as relatively old for me...I was 23 when I woke up in a hospital and they said I shouldn't have woken up...it's all been a relative thing since then...I felt very old at my grand daughters 17th birthday party a few months back...

Thread Information