Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Size Questions

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    It's a question of cost.

You cunts are more than welcome to pony up and buy 30 bikes of your choice in an effort to do better.
    We did with FXRs I have bought and sold 17 so far, and I didnt manage to get my own class
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    After this season, I'd pick most of them will finish up with FXR's fitted....
    Some will just dissapear never to be seen again. FXR engines arent just lying around so much anymore and you would need to put new rims on to fit 125 slicks

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Its not like they are giving them away, they are selling them.

Anyway how many are left? I saw the entry list for Wanganui no Aucklanders, is that because of the dirver license thing or are Aucklanders not keen on them. The young guy Parker from MCI seems to be going well
    Of course, but the price would have gone up substantially for those buying them. And since the bikes are all the same this was the way yo go.

No idea how many are sold.. last number I heard was 19, but that was a month or so ago.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    We did with FXRs I have bought and sold 17 so far, and I didnt manage to get my own class
    You didn't buy 17 at once. Set them up exactly the Same, organise a gear package, buy complete spared kits, and sell the lot at a loss though.

Bike
    GPR150
    Some will just dissapear never to be seen again. FXR engines arent just lying around so much anymore and you would need to put new rims on to fit 125 slicks
    one thing they have going for them is the rims are wide
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    GPR150
    Of course, but the price would have gone up substantially for those buying them. And since the bikes are all the same this was the way yo go.

No idea how many are sold.. last number I heard was 19, but that was a month or so ago.
    25 , I would of bought the new one and given it to a rider if it was the gsxr model knowing after its caned I would have a cool bucket racer or road bike
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    Norton Manx
    You cunts are more than welcome to pony up and buy 30 bikes of your choice in an effort to do better.
    Hmmm I don't think us cunts need to do better ... anal myopic big bike thinking got 30 bikes with limited utility.

Anal and myopic, because F4 seems to be an after thought.

A few $$$ more each and a simple bit of forethought could have done better, resulting in a bike with much wider appeal. Because they could have been competitive in F4 too, giving the owner a great competitive base to establish themselves from but as is, they will just be dogs and a great disappointment to anyone who bothers.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    You didn't buy 17 at once. Set them up exactly the Same, organise a gear package, buy complete spared kits, and sell the lot at a loss though.
    thank you for keeping us up to date , are you the communications manager for the Gsx 150 cup, we never seem to hear from anyone else

Bike
    suzuki
    thank you for keeping us up to date , are you the communications manager for the Gsx 150 cup, we never seem to hear from anyone else
    you'll find bike rider magazine have been and will cover it well, they have put up a bike and found a rider to do the season on too.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    one thing they have going for them is the rims are wide
    And 41mm forks.

Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post
    Hmmm I don't think us cunts need to do better ... anal myopic big bike thinking got 30 bikes with limited utility.

Anal and myopic, because F4 seems to be an after thought.

A few $$$ more each and a simple bit of forethought could have done better, resulting in a bike with much wider appeal. Because they could have been competitive in F4 too, giving the owner a great competitive base to establish themselves from but as is, they will just be dogs and a great disappointment to anyone who bothers.
    It wasn't a few dollars more per unit. It might be on retail price overseas, but the cost difference to SNZ was going to be a big one.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Oh yeah.

Fucken oath F4 was an afterthought. It wasn't and shouldn't have been a consideration.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Oh yeah.

Fucken oath F4 was an afterthought. It wasn't and shouldn't have been a consideration.
    Prob'ly should have been when you look at the resale price of CBR150's which were brought in for the junior riders series a few years back.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Prob'ly should have been when you look at the resale price of CBR150's which were brought in for the junior riders series a few years back.
    Really? Never heard of the CBR150 cup. Never saw a bike and complete gear set offer. Didn't know MNZ were approached to run the class all over the country.

I musta had other things on that year.

Yeah, they sold well to be used as buckets. But they cost more than these , and the sellers weren't left with $4000 Of riding gear.

Let's compare the whole picture, rather than chime in with 'woulda shoulda coulda '.

Bike
    suzuki

Yeah, they sold well to be used as buckets. But they cost more than these , and the sellers weren't left with $4000 Of riding gear.
    $4 grand, can you provide a breakdown of this please?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    $4 grand, can you provide a breakdown of this please?
    The suit retails for $3k. The helmet gets them nearly the rest of the way there, then the boots and gloves.

Thread Information