Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Size Questions

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Oh yeah.

Fucken oath F4 was an afterthought. It wasn't and shouldn't have been a consideration.
    It was a consideration....... the early marketing F4 was mentioned to give more track time, this part of the marketing was removed when it was pointed out they don't comply. Even changing the engine size for F4 has been discussed to allow them in.

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The suit retails for $3k.
    https://www.motomail.co.nz/estore/style/asrsgpplus.aspx nevertheless the whole package nearly race ready is a dam good deal and there'll be some good racing out there.

Bike
    XB12S
    I have been out of competitive racing of any form for a number of years.
    One of the reasons was I couldnt keep up with the mentality of the one with the biggest cheque book wins
    or is able to put the most capable rider/driver on/in their bike/car.
    Yes it is as it should be at an international or even super bike level in NZ as long as everyone plays by the rules.
    But how does anyone get to that level.We all have to start somewhere.
    It appears a new class is attempting to be introduced on a level playing field.
    Does it matter that the class lacks horsepower in an attempt to bring up an coming riders into the sport.
    Take for example the 1/4 midget class in speedway where kids as young as 8 can race competitively.They are the future of motorsport. The suzuki series straight off the floor level playing field.There will be always ones that cheat but thats racing as we know it.
    I dont know Drew and his public relations skills need to be sharpened so he doesnt come across as a cunt but the idea and implication of a level playing field class with a package deal seems all good with me.
    Who really cares if the bikes are eligible for bucket racing or not or any other class for that matter.
    Bucket racing is the same as go karts. The starting point of future champions or the end of the road for wannabe racers like me

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr View Post
    Who really cares if the bikes are eligible for bucket racing or not.
    Bucket racers do, when the commercial organizers of a race series try to push their non compliant bikes onto F4 in a belated attempt to add value to their own venture.

If you want to race Buckets, field a Bucket compliant bike, they could have easily done it but now they just come across as complete cocks that display a sense entitlement.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Who really cares if the bikes are eligible for bucket racing or not or any other class for that matter.
    Bucket racing is the same as go karts. The starting point of future champions or the end of the road for wannabe racers like me
    ...I met a young fellow, starting off his racing career, hobby, joy, (whichever one it ends up being), up at Manfield last weekend. He was getting some track time in on the new Suzuki. He was keen and full of the excitement regards the upcoming series and it was all new to him. If it only brings a handful of youngsters into our game it has to be good. I don't know of any class that doesn't get fucked around with regards rules, eligibility at some point.

Good on Suzuki, even Drew's rabid, rants regards the class.( his rabid dislike of Buckets seems wank, but that's his perspective) Good on the F4 bunch for defending their class against those who want to fuck with it.

The little Suzuki seemed slow compared to a lot of the buckets down here.

Buckets have been the starting place for half a dozen NZ class champions that I can count and there may be more. They will endure, I'm not so sure of any smaller class that being introduced will have the same affect or longevity.

Too many knickers being twisted, but all advertising is good advertising they say. I'll be keeping my eyes cocked for the new class to see how it actually goes.

Bike
    GPR150
    for me its more than the race bikes it self,the idea is great , even though there most the way there to a bucket . its all the road bikes there now selling could of been the better bike that would of been a future bucket bike that could of been made to go well! . seen it was the fxr that saved buckets in the first place which will not be around for ever , nice to of had a good carry on.
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    BSA A10
    I dont know Drew and his public relations skills need to be sharpened so he doesnt come across as a cunt
    But he is a cunt, has been for years

Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    Good on Suzuki, even Drew's rabid, rants regards the class.( his rabid dislike of Buckets seems wank, but that's his perspective)
    It's because he's shit at riding them
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    Too many knickers being twisted.
    If you want to play with us you need to respect us.

Push back against arrogance is not getting you'er nickers in a twist. Its about maintaining your own space.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I don't think anyone was being arrogant.

Yes, there's a better Suzuki for use as a bucket. I don't think New Zealand is getting those at all though. Isn't there still the Honda to make a bucket rocket from?

I reckon this thread was more to ask that if material is removed from the cylinder, is it now bucket legal. The answer to that is yes. But it's not gonna be competitive.

The bikes do have some good points for buckets. Lightweight wheels on the correct size for GP slicks, and 41mm forks.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post

If you want to race Buckets, field a Bucket compliant bike, they could have easily done it but now they just come across as complete cocks that display a sense entitlement.
    Do you really think that? They have put up a pile of support for entry level riders & some fuckwit that's probably done nothing ever to support anything other than their own best interests thinks that.
    What's your claim to fame for supporting racing in NZ?
    As I recall, bucket rules were that if someone offered you $1500 for your bike, you had to sell it to them. What happened to that? What with $9000 buckets on trademe.

Bike
    motocompo
    If you want to play with us you need to respect us.

Push back against arrogance is not getting you'er nickers in a twist. Its about maintaining your own space.
    Why? You guys don't respect anyone else.
    It's about the titanium bucket bubble. Go & play with yourselves.

Bike
    Norton Manx

I see what you mean ellipsis, someone really has got their Nickers in a Twist .......

Bike
    motocompo

I see what you mean ellipsis, someone really has got their Nickers in a Twist .......
    I'd hardly think so. You guys have your heads so far up your own arses all you can see is your own shit.
    God forbid anyone should try to raise the profile of bucket racing.
    Would you feel better if they painted them five shades of rattle can leftovers?
    Anyway, I asked you a question, what's the answer to that?

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    As I recall, bucket rules were that if someone offered you $1500 for your bike, you had to sell it to them. What happened to that? What with $9000 buckets on trademe.
    You must be at least 20 years behind the times with that one
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    . . .
    That bit would be totally in your imagination.

And $9000 Bucket only belongs in the optimistic sellers thread.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information