Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Size Questions

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Also, the bikes aren't coming from Sloan. Suzuki New Zealand are supplying the bikes.

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    The sad part is they wont even be competitive. Other than looking good in the pits, the bling will make them unsuitable for NI cart tracks and I cant see them being within 15 seconds a lap of the fastest buckets in Chch.

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Also, the bikes aren't coming from Sloan. Suzuki New Zealand are supplying the bikes.
    Of course they are. I claim the priviledge of old age - cynicism. I see the new lightweight production class going great guns with big entries - and no Suzuki marketed here to suit the class. In order to get potential customers into the habit of buying Suzukis, lets introduce a class to suit us....
    They've done it before and it's worked for them.
    Wouldn't surprise me to find a remit going forward "for the good of the sport "....and a major sponsor.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha#81 View Post
    The sad part is they wont even be competitive. Other than looking good in the pits, the bling will make them unsuitable for NI cart tracks and I cant see them being within 15 seconds a lap of the fastest buckets in Chch.

...there is that small thing, too...

Bike
    BSA A10
    So clearly if someone were to pull the barrel off and give it a hone, the bike becomes legal since bore material has been removed and it's now in the over bore section of the rules.

Honing isn't reboring, they're two different things

Amend the rule to 158cc maximum, no allowance for overbores problem solved and adds more bikes to the Bucket pool
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    a Blue one
    Your fucking kidding me right!!!!

A brand new series is just about to be launched and cunts are already trying to figure out how to cheat in it, You should be fucking ashamed....... great leadership for our young riders.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Honing isn't reboring, they're two different things

Amend the rule to 158cc maximum, no allowance for overbores problem solved and adds more bikes to the Bucket pool
    I know the difference between boring and honing. But the rules don't make a distinction. I'd argue all day that removing any material from the cylinder makes the bike fit into the over bore allowance within the rules. It's be a real fickwit that protested them anyway.

The only reason the bucket racing was suggested is to add value in track time for the kids that'll be racing the things. It's not like they'd keep up with an FXR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
    Your fucking kidding me right!!!!

A brand new series is just about to be launched and cunts are already trying to figure out how to cheat in it, You should be fucking ashamed....... great leadership for our young riders.
    The fuck are you smoking man? No one is talking about cheating in the gixxer cup. The point of contention is that the bikes aren't bucket legal off the shelf, but people will want to race them in buckets too.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    If it was up to me I'd be happy that they raced.

But as I no longer race Buckets I should shut the fuck up.

As long as they are properly nylon'd as well. For kart tracks.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    I know the difference between boring and honing. But the rules don't make a distinction. I'd argue all day that removing any material from the cylinder makes the bike fit into the over bore allowance within the rules. It's be a real fickwit that protested them anyway.

The only reason the bucket racing was suggested is to add value in track time for the kids that'll be racing the things. It's not like they'd keep up with an FXR.
    The fuck are you smoking man? No one is talking about cheating in the gixxer cup. The point of contention is that the bikes aren't bucket legal off the shelf, but people will want to race them in buckets too.
    FFS, if you hone it or rebore it to an oversize, the piston will be bigger, if the piston or bore is bigger it wont be Gixxer eligible but will be ok for a bucket
    Are they plated bores or Iron bores.

Individual clubs may allow them to compete in buckets, MCI will certainly allow them in the Supersport 150 class, maybe not as buckets but in the up to 250 4 stroke class

How big is the Gixxer grid now? are they going to have enough for a class? will they travel to the SI for the nationals , I dont think there are any down here
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    How big is the Gixxer grid now? are they going to have enough for a class? will they travel to the SI for the nationals , I dont think there are any down here
    They'll have to, according to Robert Cochrane they're going to replace 250 development at a National level
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
    Your fucking kidding me right!!!! A brand new series is just about to be launched and cunts are already trying to figure out how to cheat in it.
    Its called Critical Thinking, Not Cheating ......
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    FFS, if you hone it or rebore it to an oversize, the piston will be bigger, if the piston or bore is bigger it wont be Gixxer eligible but will be ok for a bucket
    Are they plated bores or Iron bores.

Individual clubs may allow them to compete in buckets, MCI will certainly allow them in the Supersport 150 class, maybe not as buckets but in the up to 250 4 stroke class

I'm working on the theory it's a steal cylinder. Running hone down it won't alter anything for the gixxer cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    They'll have to, according to Robert Cochrane they're going to replace 250 development at a National level
    They all sitting in Wanganui being ass3mbked as we argue.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post
    Its called Critical Thinking, Not Cheating ......
    There's no way cheat really. The bikes are completely stock except for the pipe, which is SNZ supplied on the bike. And no one else makes a pipe for them anyway.

Bike
    a red heap
    There's no way cheat really. The bikes are completely stock except for the pipe, which is SNZ supplied on the bike. And no one else makes a pipe for them anyway.
    I thought having a one colour paint job makes them ineligible for bucket racing anyway?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    I thought having a one colour paint job makes them ineligible for bucket racing anyway?
    You're probably right.

Thread Information