Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Size Questions

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Fair post. The rules are what they are for whatever reason they evolved they are as they are.

As you said the local clubs can decide to include but official races would have to exclude, at least from the points.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quite interesting how this thread has played out.

As a sideline:

I was dealing with a few questions at Rd3 of VMCC yesterday about this very topic.
    Would we allow them in our Junior class. So we looked at our sup rules and the new MNZ MoMs which we are permitted under.

Conclusion was. Chapter 16 now lacks any detail now on engine sizes for four stroke 150cc. So unless you are running championship classes appendixA (being defined as the Grand Prix) then there is no definition at all to fall back on: for any club / series etc. thus given we are permitted to run F4/miniature road racing (chapter16) per MoMs within the Junior class - then they were eligible.
    Race prepared vs. race derived is a point of conjecture.

MoMs is a total cluster f##k now.

If you are running a MNZ permitted event and referencing MoMs then you should consider setting in your sup regs the cc size (or at least note that you are applying appendix A): else someone is well within their rights to enter a 250 or even a GB500 (or even a superbike) - if this is not defined.

Only saving grace is the application of the 120% qualifying rule if there is safety concerns.

I'd suggest people actually read current MoMs as written and stop interpreting them or applying past understanding.
    For someone that as been involved for >20years I find what has happened here somewhat disappointing.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Rulebook erosion seems to have got markedly worse since it was put on line.

There have been too many changes done without any authorising remits.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    We should tale the money the club is paying Cochoran (or however that's spelt), and pay it to a group to completely go through and write the rules properly. They are a fucken shambles.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    We should tale the money the club is paying Cochoran (or however that's spelt), and pay it to a group to completely go through and write the rules properly. They are a fucken shambles.

...still...

Bike
    suzuki
    it's very very simple Drew, you as an MNZ member get to write the rules as you're on the shop floor, and you as an mnz member have the rules to adhere to, it doesn't need an outsider, there's plenty of collective knowledge inside to do it.

one big problem is people not knowing the rules, i can clearly outline simple incidents where the top three superbike riders last season didn't know basic rules, i'm stunned to be honest, all the time and effort to prep themselves bikes, teams, sponsorship and they don't pick up a rule book at some stage and check them.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    it's very very simple Drew, you as an MNZ member get to write the rules as you're on the shop floor, and you as an mnz member have the rules to adhere to, it doesn't need an outsider, there's plenty of collective knowledge inside to do it.

one big problem is people not knowing the rules, i can clearly outline simple incidents where the top three superbike riders last season didn't know basic rules, i'm stunned to be honest, all the time and effort to prep themselves bikes, teams, sponsorship and they don't pick up a rule book at some stage and check them.
    While everything you say is true, I can take paper copies of the book and compare to what's on line - and find wording and phrasing changes as well as deletions - none of which have remits on record to authorise them.
    It's hardly surprising that there are arguments about interpretation when in some cases you're not looking at the same version of the same rule...

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    well its semi official, from the horses mouth the Gisxer Cup will replace one of the two support classes at the nationals. It will be up to the local clubs what the second support class will be. All the Championship Classes are the same apart from Super Sport 1000 which are superbike.

I hope Suzuki can get enough out there to make it a spectacle, or will all the Suzuki dealers be "asked" to buy one and then up to them to find a pilot?

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha#81 View Post
    well its semi official, from the horses mouth the Gisxer Cup will replace one of the two support classes at the nationals. It will be up to the local clubs what the second support class will be. All the Championship Classes are the same apart from Super Sport 1000 which are superbike.

I hope Suzuki can get enough out there to make it a spectacle, or will all the Suzuki dealers be "asked" to buy one and then up to them to find a pilot?
    Which horse though?

Bike
    suzuki

your horse seems to be only partially informed, each suzuki road bike dealer will be required to front one.

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    Which horse though?
    Greg P.....you would hope he knew

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Indeed you would.

Bike
    suzuki
    there's nothing new here that wasn't in the suzuki new zealand presentation at the conference, except that the clubs may choose which support class to drop

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Will they be doing all the rounds?
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Will they be doing all the rounds?
    the Gixxer cup is a national championship and should be doing the same rounds as the rest of the classes plus the suzuki series although they will need numbers for wanganui given that the min age is 16 at wanganui (14 for the rest) and they need three road race meetings up their sleeve this year to compete too.

Thread Information