Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Size Questions

Bike
    BMW

Engine Size Questions

Could I start with a 125 water cooled 2 stroke and sleeve it down to 100cc so it was legal?

Could I take a 300cc twin cylinder 5 stroke and turn it into a single 150cc cylinder so it would be legal?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Could I start with a 125 water cooled 2 stroke and sleeve it down to 100cc so it was legal?

Could I take a 300cc twin cylinder 5 stroke and turn it into a single 150cc cylinder so it would be legal?
    if you cut a 5 stroke twin in half you only end up with 2.5 strokes.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    As long as it started life as a road bike, then thats legit.

Get a Cagiva (hahahahaha autocorrect turned that into vagina) Mito and go for gold.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Get a air compressor from Super Cheap Auto and turn it into a Harley.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPPA View Post
    Yes, and a few have. Or you could de stroke it, which may be easier and a more reliable way to go.

All totally legal if you start with a non competition motorcycle engine.

In case you have any other legal questions, I have attached the current MNZ Miniature RR rules.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chapter-16---miniature-road-racing.pdf 
Views:	71 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	332290

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Get a Cagiva Mito and go for gold.
    A Cagiva Mito Bucket would be totally awesome.

Bike
    variety
    most Harleys have about as much power as a aircompressor. aircompressors seem to vibrate far less however

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    But your real question is "Can I start with a 154cc 4 stroke and race it in buckets seeing as a 150 has an allowance for boring up to +2mm or 158cc"
    This is because you want the GSRX150's to be allowed into buckets without modifications even though they are overcapacity for the MNZ rules for the class
    Would it be ok if the hondas ran 1060's in superbikes because they were oversize ?
    A bit of honesty in your question would have helped
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    What day of the week?
    I just can't work out why suzuki nz would bring in such a heap of shit for this race series when for an extra $50 they could of had the gsxr150 water cooled and fuel injected.... oh and 150cc with a disc brake rear end instead of the drum. Ooooh flash. Maybe that extra 4cc is worth it?

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    most Harleys have about as much power as a aircompressor. aircompressors seem to vibrate far less however
    and move faster...

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    Your turn choppa, be aware unlike superbikes we all have an opinion and mnz don't care too much about the one remaining formula class so we get very passionate about the rules being read how you want to get what you want. I'm off to the ridge for refreshments and wait for the ensuing fun!

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Yes, and a few have. Or you could de stroke it, which may be easier and a more reliable way to go.

All totally legal if you start with a non competition motorcycle engine.

In case you have any other legal questions, I have attached the current MNZ Miniature RR rules.
    Might be worth attatching the current oversize and fuel rules too, Rob, just for clarification, like...
    I can't access them atm.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    As long as it started life as a road bike, then thats legit.

Get a Cagiva (hahahahaha autocorrect turned that into vagina) Mito and go for gold.
    In your case, that's not autocorrect - it's predictive text...

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Might be worth attatching the current oversize and fuel rules too, Rob, just for clarification, like...

Name:	chapter-16---miniature-road-racing.pdf 
Views:	71 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	332291 F4 and F5 Bucket racing rules.

Name:	appendix-d---fuel-specifications.pdf 
Views:	74 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	332292 Fuel

Name:	appendix-a---championship-classes-(road).pdf 
Views:	75 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	332293 Championship classes, first page has oversize allowances for F4 and F5

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Frost is well aware of the rules, he just wants to bend them to suit his purpose

Quote from TSS Red Barron facebook

Enquire now to get yourself into the least expensive way to go racing. Bear in mind, with some minor added crash protection these machines can also be used in Bucket Racing so you'll get a lot of racing for your dollar.
    Race bike, leathers, helmet, boots, all for $5995!
    Now's your big chance to go bike racing.
    If you've ever wanted to go motorcycle racing at places like Manfeild, Hampton Downs, Taupo, Levels, Teretonga or Ruapuna, you now really have no excuse not to give it a go.
    Starting this summer, both the pre-nationals Suzuki Tri-Series and then the 2018 New Zealand Superbike Championships that follow will include a class for "entry level" racing.
    Called the GIXXER Cup – with the tagline "Growing Future Champions" – the racing involves riders hitting the race tracks on identical Suzuki GSX150F bikes, an absolutely level playing field for those starting out and on a limited budget.
    If you’re between the ages of 14 and 21, then being part of New Zealand’s newest class of production racing is definitely the most exciting thing you can do this summer – and it's also a springboard towards a successful racing future.
    Ready to race at just $5,995, the package includes full Alpinestars race gear and Bell helmet. These air-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder, fully-faired GSX150F bikes have been prepared in Suzuki's workshop by Suzuki's national superbike champion Sloan Frost.
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha#81 View Post
    Your turn choppa, be aware unlike superbikes we all have an opinion and mnz don't care too much about the one remaining formula class so we get very passionate about the rules being read how you want to get what you want. I'm off to the ridge for refreshments and wait for the ensuing fun!
    I've seen more reliable and easily replicated ingenuity and engineering in Formula 3 than in buckets. What the fuck are you on about?

Thread Information