Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 things nobody tells you about being a biker

Bike
    A
    That article is somewhat annoying to read, although it does fit in some ways.

One of the funny things I've always found with stereotypes is when I tell someone I've just met that I ride a motorcycle, there's often this same weird response: "But you don't look like a biker?!" To me this is just funny, for we come in all shapes and sizes. Hygiene varies too of course... The same goes for when I then share that I'm a trucker, for the stereotype of a trucker I don't fit either other than in telling judgmental folks to sod off in plain English

There's a certain appeal in HD's. Have never owned one, but have ridden a few over the years. The Road King appeals to me, almost bought one a few years back. Just a shame that so many weekend warriors buy them, you know the guys who can't ride properly to start with, and with a bike like a Harley it needs a bit of finesse to get it to move along at a swift clip. Kinda cool to see one being hustled along with skill I'll admit

Bike
    Kawasaki z750
    Maybe its just my point of view but even the older riders must admit to go faster than it was planned from time to time or am i wrong ?

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole8991 View Post
    Maybe its just my point of view but even the older riders must admit to go faster than it was planned from time to time or am i wrong ?
    No. You are not wrong.
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now

eek Rider's top tip

When stopping on the track and dismounting to open the farm gate, save a few milliseconds by not checking that the side stand is all the way down. Just lay the bike down, leaping gracefully out of the way and cursing gently.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now

eek Riders top tip #2

Pick up a fallen bike by facing away from the bike, grabbing the middle of the handlebars and a convenient grab handle at the rear, using your legs to lift it gracefully ... slowing to a complete stop before it topples the other way behind you.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now

eek Riders top tip #3

Having righted and remounted a fallen bike, don't bother checking things over before setting off at pace along the remainder of the track.

One possible reason for not stopping smartly, stalling and flashing the passing truck drivers as you reach the main road is that the clutch lever has twisted on the bars, so the lever is fouling the headlamp flasher switch.

Either that or you're a complete idiot.

Bike
    less than I used to have
    ...with age, a bikers length and girth, recede, relative to the truth...wisdom may or may not follow...

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Hair maybe but not girth

Thread Information