Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How hard is a Honda CRF-R to kick over?

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinySideUp View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts on lowering the KDX. I am passing the info on to my husband. Excited to think I will get to realise my wish to ride a dirt bike.

Just got one question about lowering bikes, about which I know nothing. Is there a way of lowering it that can be reversed without too much difficulty if my husband wants to take the KDX out for the day. I am 5 ft 4 and he is 6 ft 2. Cheers!
    yes, it is very easy to change back the lowering links, and slide the forks back up, 30 minutes if you know what you are doing to change it back,

you wont be able to find the dog bone links anymore off the shelf (i was a kawi dealer when kdx's where one of our biggest sellers and we used to stock them then) . anyone with metal work skills will be able to make them up easily, the eye to eye length needs to be about 8-10 mm longer to drop the difference in seat hieght,

you can also cut the seat down to get the seat down more, a bit harder to reverse tho,

Bike
    2006 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    yes, it is very easy to change back the lowering links, and slide the forks back up, 30 minutes if you know what you are doing to change it back,

you wont be able to find the dog bone links anymore off the shelf (i was a kawi dealer when kdx's where one of our biggest sellers and we used to stock them then) . anyone with metal work skills will be able to make them up easily, the eye to eye length needs to be about 8-10 mm longer to drop the difference in seat hieght,

you can also cut the seat down to get the seat down more, a bit harder to reverse tho,

Thanks so much for the info. My husband says it won't be problem to make them up, so I am really chuffed.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Ha ha! Laugh out loud funny. You guys have been great in helping bring my husband round to the idea of letting me get my hands on his dirt bike. I know if I don't make the most of this window before I am too old, I will have regrets. Helping my husband to see reason is the fact our older son has always found the KDX a bit high for him and the young fella too won't have quite so much growing to do before he can take a ticket and stand in line.

Ladies first!

As for the old boy, I have sweetened him up by suggesting the money saved can be put towards upgrading his dual purpose when we can afford it. Not that we have saved anything as he was not gonna get me a dirt bike in the first place. But it worked!
    My girlfriend would probably bond with you instantly. We both love our bikes, on and off road. She got her full license in 2015 I think, passed the half century and has a trials bike for learning how to wheelie.

I ride her "wee" DT a lot I'm 6'2 and can kiss the top of her head. It's low and soft but seems easier to handle if I don't go mad. Changing it back and forth is just spanners but I don't bother. It's great fun in G/F trim. Yer man isn't sacrificing much.

No doubt when you start roosting the KDX he will want to upgrade. Encourage it. Keep an eye on seat heights and weight and you will ride his new bike, too. My G/F taught me this....
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    My girlfriend would probably bond with you instantly. We both love our bikes, on and off road. She got her full license in 2015 I think, passed the half century and has a trials bike for learning how to wheelie.

I ride her "wee" DT a lot I'm 6'2 and can kiss the top of her head. It's low and soft but seems easier to handle if I don't go mad. Changing it back and forth is just spanners but I don't bother. It's great fun in G/F trim. Yer man isn't sacrificing much.

No doubt when you start roosting the KDX he will want to upgrade. Encourage it. Keep an eye on seat heights and weight and you will ride his new bike, too. My G/F taught me this....

Good to hear about your girlfriend and how much she is in to riding. Girls just wanna have fun!

Bike
    Update to all whose pearls of wisdom were so instrumental in convincing my husband to put lowering links on his KDX so I could share the joy. Seeing how much I have been enjoying his wheels, and barely having had the opportunity to get any seat time himself, today he bought me a KDX of my own!

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Update to all whose pearls of wisdom were so instrumental in convincing my husband to put lowering links on his KDX so I could share the joy. Seeing how much I have been enjoying his wheels, and barely having had the opportunity to get any seat time himself, today he bought me a KDX of my own!

Congrats!

Now you can get competitive.......
    Manopausal.

Thread Information