Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    2015 was pretty muddy at the gate...

https://youtu.be/8RQcf8pIx9E
    Bugger that!

Bike
    less than I used to have
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Bugger that!
    ...that resembles some of the speedways that didn't like motorcycles racing on their track back when we were beggars and not choosers...

Bike
    XT660R / TTR250 / 2 old Montesa's
    I have had 1 tonne adv jacket & pants for 4 years or so... other than the exspected
    wear & tear they are still as good as the day I got them...

Pete

90% of all Harleys built are still on the road... The other 10% made it back home...
    Ducati... Makeing riders into mechaincs since 1964...

Bike
    2018 Suzuki GSX S750

Great service

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    + another happy customer.
    Bought a few things from 1tonne and no complaints. Quick delivery, quick to answer any questions and the recent textile jacket and pants I got are excellent value. Really enjoy wearing them.
    Yes, great service. Also bought a pants and i was looking for a shorter leg and they assisted me promptly with my questions and the pants is most comfortable with all necessary protection.

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    3 Months Warranty....? really.....
    We only do a 3 month warranty. We could give a longer warranty but then we would have to factor this into our pricing. Some other brands have a longer warranty but they increase the price of their product by quite a lot.
    Also, as stated by some others on this website, we will often go above the warranty period as we like to look after our customers.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    CGA covers warranty anyway. Product has to be Fit for use. Thats not something you can contract out of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    CGA requires it to be fit for purpose and remain so for a reasonable expected useful life. If you are giving only 3 month warranty, are you implying that your items would only have a useful life of 3 months? BTW, CGA does not apply to commercial purchases and items bought in auctions houses when sold as is.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    CGA covers warranty anyway. Product has to be Fit for use. Thats not something you can contract out of.
    Yes, nobody can contract out of a legislative requiement.

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
    CGA requires it to be fit for purpose and remain so for a reasonable expected useful life. If you are giving only 3 month warranty, are you implying that your items would only have a useful life of 3 months? BTW, CGA does not apply to commercial purchases and items bought in auctions houses when sold as is.
    To my understanding, the CGA implies that the supplier must supply a warranty that takes into account the price of the item, the quality and usage. Since we sell at extra low prices, this is reflected in the warranty period. As seen in many other posts, the life expectancy of our items is more than the warranty period.

Also, we often look after our customers after the 3 month period.
    NOTE: We have some customers who clock up to 60,000km a year (they live on their bike). So 3 months worth of riding for them is the equivalent to what most people do in 2 years.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Here ya go people.

https://www.consumerprotection.govt....ng/warranties/

Offering a perceived short period does not contract anyone out of the CGA and I do not believe 1Tonne is attempting to do that. If I remember my Alpinestars jacket had a 12 month one but I expect a expensive jacket to last a lot longer than that!

I'm very happy with my 1T pants - what do I have to compare them with? A expensive A-stars jacket.

I have no intention to put either through the ultimate test though.

I think the CGA on safety gear like motorcycle jackets and pants would cover you for a reasonable period (provided you have not crashed in them). It will cover stitching failing and the likes if that happens outside a warranty as this is not something you'd expect from such a item.

It's a bit of a black area though (excuse pun) - like those people who say they got 8,000 kms out of a ultra sticky tyre and when you see the life defying tyre the thing is running on the cords and should have been replaced 2,000 kms ago .......

The thread was about good service and product.

Don't turn it into one of those leather gear threads like we used to have a few years back with another supplier ........... remember them?

Triple stitching out of unobtainum thread that had been sewn by certified virgin Indian high school girls while their mothers oiled the leather with their Mobil 1 covered breasts.

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    The thread was about good service and product.

Don't turn it into one of those leather gear threads like we used to have a few years back with another supplier ........... remember them?

Triple stitching out of unobtainum thread that had been sewn by certified virgin Indian high school girls while their mothers oiled the leather with their Mobil 1 covered breasts.
    I wish there was a like button on this forum. I used to hate those threads. This is one of the best quotes I have seen.

Bike
    I'm not suggesting anything either way. I am sure you are good trader.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tonne View Post
    To my understanding, the CGA implies that the supplier must supply a warranty that takes into account the price of the item, the quality and usage. Since we sell at extra low prices, this is reflected in the warranty period. As seen in many other posts, the life expectancy of our items is more than the warranty period.

Also, we often look after our customers after the 3 month period.
    NOTE: We have some customers who clock up to 60,000km a year (they live on their bike). So 3 months worth of riding for them is the equivalent to what most people do in 2 years.
    Totally false. A good must be fit for purpose, the legislation is silent on price in this respect. The only way in which a 3-month warranty is appropriate is if you're clear to your customers that your goods have a useful life of 3 months. A reasonable person would expect motorcycle gear to have a useful life much longer than that, so unless you're explicit about your product's useful life your 3-month warranty period is meaningless in the eyes of the law.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Indian Scout

Another good product from 1tonne= Blitz boots

I ordered the Blitz boots on Easter Monday and here they were at home for me today (Wed.) Can't fault that. For $150 these are again excellent value and they look smart, well made and comfy. I'd worn out my Gaerne sports boots after 8 years and I see they still retail for $450. So I decided after getting good gloves and the brilliant Duel textile jacket and pants from 1Tonne I would give them another go and get boots. These are a nice placement between race/sports type boots and touring boots- just where I sit these days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180404_203049.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	780.1 KB 
ID:	336015  
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Thread Information