Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Service from 1Tonne

Bike
    xxx

Thumbs up Great Service from 1Tonne

Hi guys,

just wanted to let you know that I just got some great service from 1Tonne. In April I bought some boots which fit my wider foot quite nicely. I haven't been wearing them too often yet but some weeks ago the zip on the left boot came apart. It only happened once so I didn't complain. But now the zip slid out the top and it came apart again on the bottom of the zip.

I contacted 1Tonne in an email and told them about my problems. Please note the warranty of 3 months had just expired. Without any discussion and debate Nathan and Natalia from 1Tonne said they will send me a replacement today. This is perfect service in my eyes.

I wanted to give something back to them so I thought I just let you guys know about it, I hope that's ok. Apart from being their customer I have no relationship with 1Tonne or any of their staff at all.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Peter

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterNZ View Post
    Hi guys,

just wanted to let you know that I just got some great service from 1Tonne. In April I bought some boots which fit my wider foot quite nicely. I haven't been wearing them too often yet but some weeks ago the zip on the left boot came apart. It only happened once so I didn't complain. But now the zip slid out the top and it came apart again on the bottom of the zip.

I contacted 1Tonne in an email and told them about my problems. Please note the warranty of 3 months had just expired. Without any discussion and debate Nathan and Natalia from 1Tonne said they will send me a replacement today. This is perfect service in my eyes.

I wanted to give something back to them so I thought I just let you guys know about it, I hope that's ok. Apart from being their customer I have no relationship with 1Tonne or any of their staff at all.

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Peter

Thanks Peter, Nothing helps a business better than good products and good service, I am looking at some riding gear and your post helps me with my decision making.

Bike
    72 Kawasaki A7, 05 Kawasaki W650
    It's sad that service is so bad in this country that we're impressed by a basic minimum service level - a faulty product is promptly replaced. Mention of a 3-month warranty is a bit of a piss take, is that the expected useful life of a pair of boots?

edit: I should say that my post isn't being specifically critical towards 1tonne, sorry if it comes off that way. I've purchased 2 sets of gear from 1tonne, but haven't utilised their customer service.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Gayner View Post
    It's sad that service is so bad in this country that we're impressed by a basic minimum service level - a faulty product is promptly replaced. Mention of a 3-month warranty is a bit of a piss take, is that the expected useful life of a pair of boots?

edit: I should say that my post isn't being specifically critical towards 1tonne, sorry if it comes off that way. I've purchased 2 sets of gear from 1tonne, but haven't utilised their customer service.
    That sounds like a good product prompt to me, cheers. lol

Bike
    Indian Scout
    + another happy customer.
    Bought a few things from 1tonne and no complaints. Quick delivery, quick to answer any questions and the recent textile jacket and pants I got are excellent value. Really enjoy wearing them.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I'm on my second set of boots from them, first set I just wore out.

3 Months Warranty....? really.....
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Thanks Peter, Nothing helps a business better than good products and good service, I am looking at some riding gear and your post helps me with my decision making.
    I have their jeans cut leather pants, their bibbed pants, and the ballistic jacket, looking at the Brown classic jacket ATM along with ballistic pants to zip to the ballistic jacket I have for track days (now that my bibbed pants aren't enough for the new track rules) and they are well priced for what you get, a sleeve zip and jacket pocket zip has failed but main zips are still OK on the ballistic jacket after about 100,000 K's .... Used for every ride, used a bit of snow seal to keep the waterproof.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Picked up a new set of riding pants from them recently. Had to exchange a set due to sizing (always a risk ordering online) but no problem with them - exchanged promptly.

Very happy with the product.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by leathel View Post
    I have their jeans cut leather pants, their bibbed pants, and the ballistic jacket, looking at the Brown classic jacket ATM along with ballistic pants to zip to the ballistic jacket I have for track days (now that my bibbed pants aren't enough for the new track rules) and they are well priced for what you get, a sleeve zip and jacket pocket zip has failed but main zips are still OK on the ballistic jacket after about 100,000 K's .... Used for every ride, used a bit of snow seal to keep the waterproof.

Thanks Leathel, I am looking at leather pants and some easy on and off boots, I got a pair of very well priced Dri Rider "street boots", they are laces with a Velcro top strap, awesome leather boots but a tad narrow towards the toe end, they are slowly stretching, but as with age and a growing belly the lacing etc just to race into town is annoying me, but ideal for longer rides. The red bands are perfect, but not flash if I accidently bump into a group of riders on the way and try to keep up. lol

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    Thanks Leathel, I am looking at leather pants and some easy on and off boots, I got a pair of very well priced Dri Rider "street boots", they are laces with a Velcro top strap, awesome leather boots but a tad narrow towards the toe end, they are slowly stretching, but as with age and a growing belly the lacing etc just to race into town is annoying me, but ideal for longer rides. The red bands are perfect, but not flash if I accidently bump into a group of riders on the way and try to keep up. lol

I had the Legend touring boots and they lasted OK, Soles where a bit soft and wore through before the rest wore out

The leather jeans lasted well, stitching opened a little after a lot of use and developed a leak right where you don't want it but the rest have lasted well, restitched without an issue, they come long and just cut to length, no padding but thick enough to save the skin if needed

http://www.1tonne.co.nz/product/anil...-jeans/30/101/

Ohh and those leather pants have taken a beating so I don't blame the stitching giving out.... Pushing people up hills with lots of layers under them can't be good for the gear....or me :P

Bike
    I had the Legend touring boots and they lasted OK, Soles where a bit soft and wore through before the rest wore out

The leather jeans lasted well, stitching opened a little after a lot of use and developed a leak right where you don't want it but the rest have lasted well, restitched without an issue, they come long and just cut to length, no padding but thick enough to save the skin if needed

http://www.1tonne.co.nz/product/anil...-jeans/30/101/

Ohh and those leather pants have taken a beating so I don't blame the stitching giving out.... Pushing people up hills with lots of layers under them can't be good for the gear....or me :P

That looks more like playing in the mud at Horopito or is that normal at a Cold Kiwi? pushing bikes and people is not good for me on the road, never mind in that shit, heart attack material. lol Thanks for the info mate, they were the pants I was looking at, seeing you abusing them convinces me they must be pretty decent.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    That looks more like playing in the mud at Horopito or is that normal at a Cold Kiwi? pushing bikes and people is not good for me on the road, never mind in that shit, heart attack material. lol Thanks for the info mate, they were the pants I was looking at, seeing you abusing them convinces me they must be pretty decent.
    I rode up to where we camped without an issue, turned around to see the others at the base of the hill skidding, Munster made most of that mess, the old M50 was either stalling or wheel spinning... Was the first year after the leveling the paddock and they re seeded the grass..... so not the norm.

Was a little muddy in the gate area, lots dropped there bikes that year

Bike
    I rode up to where we camped without an issue, turned around to see the others at the base of the hill skidding, Munster made most of that mess, the old M50 was either stalling or wheel spinning... Was the first year after the leveling the paddock and they re seeded the grass..... so not the norm.

Was a little muddy in the gate area, lots dropped there bikes that year

That's all your off road riding skills kicking in. I have no doubts that my Fat Bob would have ended up mud wrestling with one very annoyed rider, I shudder to think of the repair costs( no matter how minor) to a HD.

Phar out there is some work gone into those events aye.

Bike
    VT1100C 1993 /DRZ400E
    That's all your off road riding skills kicking in. I have no doubts that my Fat Bob would have ended up mud wrestling with one very annoyed rider, I shudder to think of the repair costs( no matter how minor) to a HD.

Phar out there is some work gone into those events aye.
    2015 was pretty muddy at the gate...

https://youtu.be/8RQcf8pIx9E

Bike
    2015 was pretty muddy at the gate...

https://youtu.be/8RQcf8pIx9E

Pharking ell your not kidding. If I decide to go I think one of my mates MX sidecars will be the mans of transport.

Thread Information