Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silly things you have done this week

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries

Silly things you have done this week

As per the title - Silly things you have done this week.

Bill English will be thinking he was to soft of that girl last night.

Me: New rear tyre fitted today on the Ducati - which means I remove the mufflers to get the wheel off. Wheel back on - those open pipes were too tempting - fired it up in the garage sans mufflers .....

You know it's going to be loud right. My left ear is ringing. Possibly not one of my best ideas.

On reflection I've done this before several times with different bikes over the years ....... slow learner apparently.

What have you done?

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    As per the title - Silly things you have done this week.

Bill English will be thinking he was to soft of that girl last night.

Me: New rear tyre fitted today on the Ducati - which means I remove the mufflers to get the wheel off. Wheel back on - those open pipes were too tempting - fired it up in the garage sans mufflers .....

You know it's going to be loud right. My left ear is ringing. Possibly not one of my best ideas.

On reflection I've done this before several times with different bikes over the years ....... slow learner apparently.

What have you done?
    Anyone who doesn't do that is obviously not quite right in the head.
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Strip and rebuild the rear brake system on me Gas Gas, it was knackered after I set the disc on fire. The only thing I didn't take off the bike was the engine. Now it's more or less back together the brake has no appetite for brake fluid, not a skerrick. I'm very miffed. Will try 200mls of Dot 4 in a bicycle pump tomorrow. I expect to spray most of the shed with it first then spend a few hours looking for a lost bolt. After a few beers to chill out I will zip tie whats left of the bike together and take it to a professional so that I can bask in his scorn whilst paying handsomely for the privilege.

I tried..
    Manopausal.

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    Ate sesame crackers for lunch on Wednesday...

broke cusp off lower right molar...

Result: visit to dentist who mentioned the "crown" word...

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Rode my 72 Commando thru the Waterview Tunnel with fingers crossed it would not stop
    the Vespa PX 200 on the motorway up to nearly 100 scary kmph between Otahuhu and Highbrook
    lane split on the R80GS with panniers.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Strip and rebuild the rear brake system on me Gas Gas, it was knackered after I set the disc on fire. The only thing I didn't take off the bike was the engine. Now it's more or less back together the brake has no appetite for brake fluid, not a skerrick. I'm very miffed. Will try 200mls of Dot 4 in a bicycle pump tomorrow. I expect to spray most of the shed with it first then spend a few hours looking for a lost bolt. After a few beers to chill out I will zip tie whats left of the bike together and take it to a professional so that I can bask in his scorn whilst paying handsomely for the privilege.

I tried..
    Leave the lever tied to the bar overnight. This has saved me a trip to the shop twice now. Not as good as forcing the fluid through but meh...
    Edit, on second thoughts, this only worked when the fluid would enter the system but not bleed correctly...
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    W650 sidecar & HD Fat Bob
    Ran the hot tap in the kitchen sink for about 5 mins and still cold, phuck it the cylinders gone again, turned it off at the switch, went out and shut the water at the toby grabbed my tools and back inside.

Wife walks in and says whats the matter, explain about the water and she goes to the sink and says its fine I just ran some. WTF I said and watch as its steaming away. Silly old bastard turned the handle the wrong way apparently, the red part on the stem showing which direction to turn the handle has been wrong for quite a few years, Gave her great pleasure to explain to me that's what happens when you don't use it very often.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Argued with an idiot.

Bike
    SWM RS 650R
    Quote Originally Posted by GazzaH View Post
    Argued with an idiot.
    No you didn't.......
    I mentioned vegetables once, but I think I got away with it...........

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now

Announce

Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    Ate sesame crackers for lunch on Wednesday...

broke cusp off lower right molar...

Result: visit to dentist who mentioned the "crown" word...
    BTDT

Dentists have shares in the sesame cracker companies.

Not to mention extra hot bhuja mix.

Bike
    2000 Aprilia RSV Mille,
    Struggling to think of anything particularly silly I've done this week.
    Must try harder next week I spose
    "I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it." -- Erwin Schrodinger talking about quantum mechanics.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by old slider View Post
    Ran the hot tap in the kitchen sink for about 5 mins and still cold, phuck it the cylinders gone again, turned it off at the switch, went out and shut the water at the toby grabbed my tools and back inside.

Wife walks in and says whats the matter, explain about the water and she goes to the sink and says its fine I just ran some. WTF I said and watch as its steaming away. Silly old bastard turned the handle the wrong way apparently, the red part on the stem showing which direction to turn the handle has been wrong for quite a few years, Gave her great pleasure to explain to me that's what happens when you don't use it very often.
    left. since, like, for ages.
    you going senile or sommat?

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Leave the lever tied to the bar overnight. This has saved me a trip to the shop twice now. Not as good as forcing the fluid through but meh...
    Edit, on second thoughts, this only worked when the fluid would enter the system but not bleed correctly...
    It's fecked... Tried having the pedal down overnight and more. Nuttin. Master cylinder, caliper, brake line, inlet line and reservoir are A1....

Even had the G/F sucking on the bleed nipple while I pumped the pedal. I knew it wouldn't work but it was super erotic.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Photo?

Vid?

Thread Information