Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 cold kiwi

Bike
    2015 Yamaha MT09

Thumbs up 2017 cold kiwi

Hi guys, have just returned from the cold kiwi. My first one ,im an old bugger so don't know why it took me so Long to go to one! Did go to a cold duck a few years ago.
    What a great event this coldkiwi was, a real credit to the guys that organised it.
    Fantastic food available all weekend, and at realistic prices, not the rip off prices of food like some events.
    Plenty of people drinking, as you would expect! They need some alcohol in them to keep the cold at bay. But not a sign of any aggro, just a great bunch of people enjoying themselves , and each other's company.
    Muddy to get the bikes in and out, but again great to see everyone pitch in to help anyone needing a hand.
    Probably the reason I wanted to put up this post, was just that I was really impressed with how friendly, tolerant, helpful, everyone was, and everyone having a great time.
    Again thanks to all who organised it, can't wait for next year.

Bike
    1976 Honda GL1000, plus implements
    Good post mate
    I'll be washing Cold Kiwi mud of my bike today too
    High miles, engine knock, rusty chrome, worn pegs...
    Brakes as new

Bike
    Honda XR250,VTR1000F,FXR-bucket
    it was another great cold kiwi weekend
    The mud was bad , but they say they will have it sorted for next year.
    Everyone was helping each other and it all worked out in the end.

Band on Friday night (six chairs missing) was awesome.

Hill climb,burnouts and other games were great fun.

See you all again next year

Anyone got some good photos?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CBR400RR.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	289.3 KB 
ID:	332482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170902_112718_1504423607241_resized.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	329.8 KB 
ID:	332481  

Bike
    suzuki
    two years ago the mud was a shit load worse, yet we could still use the burnout pad, this year the burnout pad was six feet under water, there's my old kawasaki still in their but not visible, we've had so much rain that it didn't help.
    it's tough, the club has it's heart in it but often it's hands tied by what they're allowed to do and money as well.
    they say a bit of metal at the gate would help, yip, all that does is move the issue a bit further in so are trying to find a solution. there was a second gate at the top that had very little traffic on it, that was way worse than the lower one in reality.
    it was a tough year for several reasons, my 34 cold kiwi and i've never been so knackered but did stay up late bioth nights, the last of the club members got out at 4.30 yesterday as the marqueee had to come down which wasn't on the list, that shit aint easy either

Bike
    Yeah but check out the view!

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/a...&thumb=1&stc=1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftsf-71af0541-1945-4a15-a635-328d6e7f2c81.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	807.2 KB 
ID:	332484  
    Brakes as new

Bike
    R6
    As always, had a blast. Special thanks to those who helped me get there this year.

Gballs, great write up of your first Kiwi. Top effort. I'll never forget my first one in 2010, still the best weekend of my life to date.

Love seeing everyone chipping in and helping each other at this site. The club do an amazing job, and we are grateful to the landowners for allowing us to all be there, tearing up their land. Looking forward to getting back there next year on the bike and will be needing that help getting in and out on the sports bike like many others. But I have no doubt after having a laugh first, help will be there when I ask for it. Hey, most of us need the assistance in the mud on the road bikes.

My heart is still very happy. Stayed up the full weekend again as always. Thanks to all involved in another awesome event

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiepie View Post
    As always, had a blast. Special thanks to those who helped me get there this year.

Gballs, great write up of your first Kiwi. Top effort. I'll never forget my first one in 2010, still the best weekend of my life to date.

Love seeing everyone chipping in and helping each other at this site. The club do an amazing job, and we are grateful to the landowners for allowing us to all be there, tearing up their land. Looking forward to getting back there next year on the bike and will be needing that help getting in and out on the sports bike like many others. But I have no doubt after having a laugh first, help will be there when I ask for it. Hey, most of us need the assistance in the mud on the road bikes.

My heart is still very happy. Stayed up the full weekend again as always. Thanks to all involved in another awesome event
    A must do for this old bugger, got a couple of good mates who do it regular.
    Hey KTPie, lovely to see you, will come say gidday at the next one, till then , ride well and stay safe.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Day tripped it this year with a new prosthetic leg.....good fun still

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    Day tripped it this year with a new prosthetic leg.....good fun still
    Was that you with the "I'm with stupid" tat on your calf?
    Classic
    Brakes as new

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    A must do for this old bugger, got a couple of good mates who do it regular.
    Hey KTPie, lovely to see you, will come say gidday at the next one, till then , ride well and stay safe.
    Look me up next year Caseye missed this year due to House reno's but me and Trace will be going next year.
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Andy View Post
    Was that you with the "I'm with stupid" tat on your calf?
    Classic
    Not me. Lots of tattoos but not one like that

Bike
    Klx250s
    Quote Originally Posted by skippa1 View Post
    Not me. Lots of tattoos but not one like that
    That tattoo cracked me up too
    Was another single legged rider we met there too
    Rode in on a trike. Bloody character that one
    Bloody hoot the whole weekend and that is testament to the club organising it and the general bunch of really good bastard that turned up
    Was a kiwi 1st timer
    I for one will be back for sure

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bike
    Road King
    Blog Entries
    My 10c worth. Didn't really enjoy this rally.

Got a load of abuse from the dork on the gate when I got there. Got another load of grief when I rode around the milk track to get back to the tent which was on the top level.

The site was a quagmire, got the sidecar stuck up to the motor and while I was trying to get it out several big road bikes went down next to me, all the pricks on the gate were doing was directing more bikes into the bog and taking pictures of the damage.

Good food, crap site, organisers need to take better care of the visitors.

Probably 15 years since I went to a Kiwi, haven't missed much, and it's not a pinch of shit on the Brass.
    Just another leather clad Tinkerbell.
    The Wanker on the Fucking Harley is going for a ride!

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    Quote Originally Posted by caseye View Post
    A must do for this old bugger,
    maybe a plan for next year matey

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    My 10c worth. Didn't really enjoy this rally.

Got a load of abuse from the dork on the gate when I got there. Got another load of grief when I rode around the milk track to get back to the tent which was on the top level.

The site was a quagmire, got the sidecar stuck up to the motor and while I was trying to get it out several big road bikes went down next to me, all the pricks on the gate were doing was directing more bikes into the bog and taking pictures of the damage.

Good food, crap site, organisers need to take better care of the visitors.

Probably 15 years since I went to a Kiwi, haven't missed much, and it's not a pinch of shit on the Brass.
    I must say the young ginger shithead on the quad that was part of the organising team was lucky he didnt get a smack in the mouth from a couple of people.....

Thread Information