Thread: 1998 rmx250

Bike
    2 smokers

1998 rmx250

Any rmx250 experts out there? Getting near the end of complete rebuild for vinduro season.
    Is the NZ/Aus 98 on RMX head gasket particular to that model? Used a 89 rm250 head gasket but had to elongate stud holes, anyway it is seeping coolant at head so failed there, even used a copper gasket spray. Have ordered oem $77.00! but don't know how thick it will be, had machined head for 1.2mm squish using rm gasket.
    So anyone (Scott) know is the head gasket particular to that model and factory gasket only option? How thick is it?
    Thanks in advance, Paul

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Quote Originally Posted by gwynfryn View Post
    Any rmx250 experts out there? Getting near the end of complete rebuild for vinduro season.
    Is the NZ/Aus 98 on RMX head gasket particular to that model? Used a 89 rm250 head gasket but had to elongate stud holes, anyway it is seeping coolant at head so failed there, even used a copper gasket spray. Have ordered oem $77.00! but don't know how thick it will be, had machined head for 1.2mm squish using rm gasket.
    So anyone (Scott) know is the head gasket particular to that model and factory gasket only option? How thick is it?
    Thanks in advance, Paul
    i have had my fun with RMX250's over the years, (well when i still worked/owned a Suzuki shop anyway), and the fact that everyone gets info online about the US version, but our versions were different, RMX250R and the later RMX250S
    i presume yours is a S Model?
    I dont know them well enough i know what head gaskets fit, and people that know them well are getting thin on the ground,
    , the Suzuki Workshop manual might tell you the thickness,

Bike
    Niken, Hypermotard, ST1100, F650, Evoke

Bike
    all US models listed, read the pmost above, NZ and Aussie had a different Model RMX250 though the 90's than the US did, and they are very different,

Bike
    2 smokers
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    i have had my fun with RMX250's over the years, (well when i still worked/owned a Suzuki shop anyway), and the fact that everyone gets info online about the US version, but our versions were different, RMX250R and the later RMX250S
    i presume yours is a S Model?
    I dont know them well enough i know what head gaskets fit, and people that know them well are getting thin on the ground,
    , the Suzuki Workshop manual might tell you the thickness,
    Yeah S model. Problem is even dealers/distributors here are wrong listing parts for US model, I have to cross reference back to Suzuki part#'s for everything.

Bike
    Yeah S model. Problem is even dealers/distributors here are wrong listing parts for US model, I have to cross reference back to Suzuki part#'s for everything.
    yep the suzuki system is not great because it is a US based system, if you can see if you can get a photocopy of the RMX250S parts model, unless you know to look out for these models they can be a nightmare,

Bike
    BSA A10
    Is it a PJ13 ? I have a parts manual which I uses as Suzuki always got the wrong bits in for me

How can you run it in vinduro ?, I thought the cut off was 1995

Head gasket 11141-44E00 looks like it is .8 think and is the only factory option
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    2 smokers
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Is it a PJ13 ? I have a parts manual which I uses as Suzuki always got the wrong bits in for me

How can you run it in vinduro ?, I thought the cut off was 1995

Head gasket 11141-44E00 looks like it is .8 think and is the only factory option
    I use Mick Hone Suzuki Aus parts diagrams for all part #'s.
    Yes that's the part # I have ordered, looks like I'll be running tight squish if it is 0.8mm.

96 is cut off for modern class in 17/18 season unless flow on model which rmx is.

Bike
    BSA A10
    I use Mick Hone Suzuki Aus parts diagrams for all part #'s.
    Yes that's the part # I have ordered, looks like I'll be running tight squish if it is 0.8mm.

96 is cut off for modern class in 17/18 season unless flow on model which rmx is.
    It has 0.8 in the parts manual beside the part number so I am guessing that's what it is as all the listed gaskets have something similar beside them

I thought that model RMX had a different motor and power valve than the 96 so wasn't considered a flow on model
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    2 smokers
    It has 0.8 in the parts manual beside the part number so I am guessing that's what it is as all the listed gaskets have something similar beside them

I thought that model RMX had a different motor and power valve than the 96 so wasn't considered a flow on model
    All the RMX's share the same motor(89 rm250 based) with any differences from cylinder up. Nz/Aus adr models 98 on are included have checked with John Nick (vinduro NZ).

Bike
    BSA A10
    . Nz/Aus adr models 98 on are included have checked with John Nick (vinduro NZ).
    What model numbers were the NZ/AUS bikes? mine is a 1998 and is a RMX250T going by the parts book I have, Suzuki NZ always get the wrong parts when I order for a 1998 so I'm assuming mine wasn't a model sold here (PJ13A)

Mick Hone site says that gasket is 1.0mm

Bike
    2 smokers
    What model numbers were the NZ/AUS bikes? mine is a 1998 and is a RMX250T going by the parts book I have, Suzuki NZ always get the wrong parts when I order for a 1998 so I'm assuming mine wasn't a model sold here (PJ13A)

Mick Hone site says that gasket is 1.0mm
    Nz/Aus 98+ models frame # start JS1S....... Think mine is a s model

Have fitted head gasket , it was about 1.0mm and all dry now but squish down to 0.9mm so may look for thicker base gasket.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Nz/Aus 98+ models frame # start JS1S....... Think mine is a s model

Have fitted head gasket , it was about 1.0mm and all dry now but squish down to 0.9mm so may look for thicker base gasket.
    I had my hopes up but now you've crushed me, I don't think mine will be included in the flow on model then

Bike
    2 smokers

Talking

I had my hopes up but now you've crushed me, I don't think mine will be included in the flow on model then
    I'm confident any rmx250 will be ok!

Thread Information