Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RD400g 1980

Bike
    paso 906, Guzzi 850t,

RD400g 1980

Bike has undergone a serious overhaul , fresh paint and graphics . New motor ,crank fully rebuilt with new rods , big end bearings mains , lab seal , new rebore ( 1.5mm over and there are a pair of 2r9 cylinders and pistons fresh bored to 1mm ). New seals/gaskets all over . Muffles aint brilliant , new motobatt , halogen headlight conv , new clutch and throttle cables.
    Not concourse but a good tidy original numbers complete RD with NO issues .....................apart from the tires ... has 100-90-18's front and rear , should be 90-90-18 and 110-90-18 .

I would rather any perspective buyers view the bike , or at least get a friend to view if your not local , . Bike currently has no wof and rego is on hold but both can be sorted upon sale ( it will pee thru a wof )
    PM me for more pix , details email or ph ........
    Hamish
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02911.JPG 
Views:	325 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	332561Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02913.JPG 
Views:	201 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	332562Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02920.JPG 
Views:	337 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	332563
    I wish I was young again , I'd be heaps smarter than the 1st time I was young

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Would you consider a swap for one of my grandkids?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Big money wasters
    Nice bike ,raced one of these in the early 80's just for your info the paint work is a F model the G had the fine pinstripes on edge of the tank. They do go well. Sorry no more room in the shed.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Strikes me as a reasonable price.

Bike
    paso 906, Guzzi 850t,
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWGSER View Post
    Nice bike ,raced one of these in the early 80's just for your info the paint work is a F model the G had the fine pinstripes on edge of the tank. They do go well. Sorry no more room in the shed.
    Its a RD 400g ( 3m4 ) and it did come as you describe graphic wise , but it also came with the Daytona special " graphics kit , and after a bit of snooping around I found that it had all the same bits as the Daytona except the graphics so I figured what the hell . Paint is a pearl/opal white then clear then the stickers and then more clear coat. Huh seems illogical that I get an all matching #'s bike , complete and original ..... and then go put the wrong stickers on it
    Forgot to say that it has all new rubber bits ( foot pegs , speedo /tacho /handle bar mounts ) new front sprocket , carb kits , fibre reeds , air filter, fork seals and oil , new brake pads and calipers / master cyl o/hauled .

Bike
    paso 906, Guzzi 850t,
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    Would you consider a swap for one of my grandkids?
    Hell No ! That was the one mistake I didn't make .... having kids ... fuck that , I might have had one like me

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    Strikes me as a reasonable price.
    17 year old me and 50+ year old me both agree. If I hadnt spent all my money on blow and hookers I would own that bike already.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    It's sadly well out of my price range but I do want a G project if someone has one languishing. Sorry for shameless threadjack but it's your fault for making me want one a little bit more.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    83 RZ350/85 RZ250R/84 RZ350R/84 RZ350K
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    It's sadly well out of my price range but I do want a G project if someone has one languishing. Sorry for shameless threadjack but it's your fault for making me want one a little bit more.
    He you go Dave.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1425715813.htm

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Jesus I'm going to have to murder them. And that's exactly twice as much as I have. Should have started this gig 5 years ago.

Bike
    paso 906, Guzzi 850t,
    Dave , if you do get a project bike I have spares ( inc a pair of good 2r9 pots and pistons ) that I wont be selling with the bike , maybe you could PM me ( I aint going anywhere ) if you need some parts

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Thanks will keep that in mind.

I had been eyeing up one stored away waiting for the right time when I had some spare to make an offer. Now I have a little bit. Someone came to look at his D. I said if he thought of selling the G let me know. Next week the G is gone. That was 2 months ago, bad timing. But now that makes me want one more.

Bike
    paso 906, Guzzi 850t,
    I dunno about hanging out for a G , if someone threw a good restorable C or D at me for sensible money Id grab it , the older ones ( apparently ) have better brakes.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Just that ram air head and euro styling that do it for me. And an impressionable youth on the back of my now brother in laws bike holding on like the wind was going to pull me off at what felt like and probably was 100mph

Bike
    paso 906, Guzzi 850t,
    I have never seen one of those heads for sale , but I have seen a pair of normal heads "converted " and I really had to look , I mean if the shaker and the faker were put together it would be easy to see the diff , but by itself it really looked the part .... so maybe you need a C/D , a bit of ally plate and a mate with a tig

Thread Information