Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First bike.

Bike
    Looking
    I might have a closer look at them then, looks like I might have to try scrape some more money together haha

Bike
    2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrbl View Post
    Oh yep, good to know..
    $5K is a lot to spend on a first bike. You won't make it back and your next is going to cost more. Could get a 250 for less than 3 and save the money for when you upgrade

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1420254378.htm

Bike
    Looking
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    $5K is a lot to spend on a first bike. You won't make it back and your next is going to cost more. Could get a 250 for less than 3 and save the money for when you upgrade

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...1420254378.htm
    My main concern with a 250 was cruising at 100ks on the motorway/open road without revving the crap out of the bike. I was hoping to purchase a bike that will last me a couple of years and keep me happy until I get my full licence and some experience under my belt.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Ok so I am wasting my time looking for a zrx400 basically? I will have a look at the sv650s and cb400s, not looking to spend more than 5k on my first bike.
    This lady is selling this almost new bike and wants $5300 if you can stretch yourself.
    Immaculate Condition Black Honda CBR 300R purchased from Planet Honda in Whangarei in 2015 and kept in a locked garage.

Fantastic Bike in near new condition.

Honda’s CBR300R is proof that fun comes in all sizes. This bike delivers a giant dose of it - way out of proportion to its engine size. Whether this is your first bike or you have a garage full of them, the CBR300R is a blast to ride. Its single-cylinder engine provides a wide torque spread that performs well in-town or on the motorway, and offers excellent fuel efficiency. Plus, its narrow single-cylinder engine makes it easier to sit on the bike and get your feet on the ground at stops. But the CBR300R really comes alive on twisty roads, where its light weight and nimble handling chew up the curves.

Extremely easy to drive with power when needed.

Features
    -Narrow and Low Seat Height
    -Analog and Digital Instrumentation
    -Antilock Braking System
    -Counterbalance Shaft
    -Seperate Passenger Seat
    -Under Seat Storage
    -Pro Link Rear Suspension
    -Fuel Injection Performance
    -Single Cylinder Engine
    -Super Sport Styling

Purchased bike to learn and sit my license and selling as I don't use enough.

Viewing welcome.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Looking
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    This lady is selling this almost new bike and wants $5300 if you can stretch yourself.
    Immaculate Condition Black Honda CBR 300R purchased from Planet Honda in Whangarei in 2015 and kept in a locked garage.

Fantastic Bike in near new condition.

Honda’s CBR300R is proof that fun comes in all sizes. This bike delivers a giant dose of it - way out of proportion to its engine size. Whether this is your first bike or you have a garage full of them, the CBR300R is a blast to ride. Its single-cylinder engine provides a wide torque spread that performs well in-town or on the motorway, and offers excellent fuel efficiency. Plus, its narrow single-cylinder engine makes it easier to sit on the bike and get your feet on the ground at stops. But the CBR300R really comes alive on twisty roads, where its light weight and nimble handling chew up the curves.

Extremely easy to drive with power when needed.

Features
    -Narrow and Low Seat Height
    -Analog and Digital Instrumentation
    -Antilock Braking System
    -Counterbalance Shaft
    -Seperate Passenger Seat
    -Under Seat Storage
    -Pro Link Rear Suspension
    -Fuel Injection Performance
    -Single Cylinder Engine
    -Super Sport Styling

Purchased bike to learn and sit my license and selling as I don't use enough.

Viewing welcome.
    Sounds like a great bike will have a think about it and get my licence sorted within the next week or so. Thanks for the help/suggestions 🤙🏾🤙🏾

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    My main concern with a 250 was cruising at 100ks on the motorway/open road without revving the crap out of the bike. I was hoping to purchase a bike that will last me a couple of years and keep me happy until I get my full licence and some experience under my belt.
    Depending on other factors too. But one of the things you'll end up discovering with bikes vs cars is they love the revs and are unhappy if you keep them in that low rev range. I've got a R3 now, which I'm still pre first service with, 100 no problem. 135 odd was about 8000 revs and it redlines at 12500. The round abbot point I'm making is some bikes need to be in that 6-8k range which takes some getting used to when you come from a car where that would be ringing it's neck.

The best bike for you depends on all the factors though. Budget, what sort of riding you want to do, how long you plan on keeping it.

I went with a $400 WOF and reg Honda CB250RS for my first bike. Didn't matter too much if I dropped it, was still more of a bike than I was a rider for at the time and didn't plan on keeping it longer than was required.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    Looking
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur View Post
    Depending on other factors too. But one of the things you'll end up discovering with bikes vs cars is they love the revs and are unhappy if you keep them in that low rev range. I've got a R3 now, which I'm still pre first service with, 100 no problem. 135 odd was about 8000 revs and it redlines at 12500. The round abbot point I'm making is some bikes need to be in that 6-8k range which takes some getting used to when you come from a car where that would be ringing it's neck.

The best bike for you depends on all the factors though. Budget, what sort of riding you want to do, how long you plan on keeping it.

I went with a $400 WOF and reg Honda CB250RS for my first bike. Didn't matter too much if I dropped it, was still more of a bike than I was a rider for at the time and didn't plan on keeping it longer than was required.

Yeah I definitely won't count the smaller cc bikes out after hearing your opinions on them, sounds like they might be perfect for what I'm after. Will probably be holding on to the bike for 2 years+ as I have a lot coming up over the next couple of years and money will be going elsewhere.

Bike
    Looking
    Ended up going with a zrx400. Bike runs and handles great! Now just to pray for some nice weather ha!

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Ended up going with a zrx400. Bike runs and handles great! Now just to pray for some nice weather ha!
    Pics required.

Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    Looking
    Thinking about adding a tooth to the front sprocket to lower the revs on the open road and hopefully help with fuel consumption
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6ED7C88C-B4FF-4AD8-B25E-69505FA88E30.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	812.5 KB 
ID:	332858  

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Thinking about adding a tooth to the front sprocket to lower the revs on the open road and hopefully help with fuel consumption
    It's a inline 4 400 - leave it alone and rev the shit out of it, it is not a torque filled engine. If you want a lugger buy a HD.

Thread Information