Thread: Doing up old trials bike, struggling with brakes.

Bike
    GT 125 1974

Doing up old trials bike, struggling with brakes.

I'm after a place in Auckland that could rebuild or repair some older style brake/clutch cable.
    The bikes a 1972 250cc Ossa MAR and both brakes and clutch cables are munted, all the nipples (the old brass type) are loose and the actual cable itself is frayed.

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    If there's a Safe R Brakes store somewhere nearby then someone there should be able to make cables for you, the chch branch had a bloke who was really good at making them so there's no reason why there shouldn't be someone capable in your local shop.
    They're just bowden cables so nothing special, years ago and still possibly you could get the individual parts for making the cables and wasn't a job beyond anyone reasonable handy with hot soldering

Bike
    ajs 350 trials
    I would advise you find an old school bike shop who deal in old bikes , and get them to make up brake cables fitted to the bike after you have had the shoes re lined and shaped to the drum as your old cables will be stretched.
    this will give you the best result as the new cables will be right from the word go.
    are you going to compete or just restoring the bike?
    on my old mk1 ossa I modified the back brake to a positive pull instead of the micky mouse system the came out with.
    riding history into the future since ages ago.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by JBDR View Post
    I'm after a place in Auckland that could rebuild or repair some older style brake/clutch cable.
    The bikes a 1972 250cc Ossa MAR and both brakes and clutch cables are munted, all the nipples (the old brass type) are loose and the actual cable itself is frayed.
    It's OK, really, they came with no brakes. Honest.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Tiger 1050/ Racing Sidecar/KX450F
    If you go and see Roger at Action bike wreckers on Barrys pt point road then he can make the cables for you.
    No Bull Sheds F1 Sidecar Team - Proudly supported by:

No Bull Sheds - Putoline Oils - Shoei Helmets - Raecin Motorsport - Mad Graphics

Thread Information